News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

M4 Board firmware v110 beta 1: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v110b1.zip

* Long due fix, for using Chrome to upload roms
* |cd,"not existing directory" fixed.
* Fix issues with |httpget and |httpmem, when using parameters like ?param=yo
* C_FSTAT command now uses current path (from |cd) when none given.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Kris

Nice job as usual :)

Duke

For those of you waiting for the next batch of M4, a bit of bad news.

I received the MCU chips I was waiting for friday (everything else is ready). Unfortunately the supplier (i****) send me a batch of STM8 chips instead of the STM32F407.
I have another batch on its way, but may be 1-2 weeks before it's here, hopefully the right ones this time around.

Sorry for the delay, it is out of my hands right now.

Edit: Just ordered another batch with DHL shipping to speed it up. Probably will be here next week. (Sick of china mail waiting !)

00WReX

No problem, thanks for letting us know.
These things happen.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

MissionComplete

No problem!! We can wait... ;)

Edoz(MSX)

Trebmint fixed a network issue today which i had already for a long time!
The cool part is now that i can continue my work on the IRC client for MSX and CPC ... :D

Because the CPC has this nice hardware now!!!

Today i did some tests and was lucky to have a very short chat with FiXato on #openmsx

My MSX:

My PC:

I will make it better and hope to release it in the future so everyone can use it! At least i can share you the first real test!

Prodatron

That's really cool! I joined IRC with my CPC+M4Board+SymbOS yesterday as well (even the same channel :D ), but not directly with an own client. I was using the HispaMSX BBS again via Telnet. It was working more stable than before, but there is still an issue I have to fix  ::) It's fantastic to have a stand-alone IRC client now! It was lame, that the ZX81, ZX Spectrum and C64 guys had their own IRC channel in the local network on the Classic Computing meeting last weekend and the CPC/MSX guys weren't able to join :D

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

mr_lou

I'm looking really forward to IRC'ing from my CPC.  :)
That's gonna mark a huge milestone in CPC geekness.
Also, hopefully it'll bring more CPC people together chatting.

Takis Kalatzis

Is there any way of displaying the current directory? If I remember correctly, neither cat or IDIR commands show this information. I think an IPWD command would be really useful.

Also, is it possible to copy a file (using ICOPYF command) from inside a .dsk file to the root directory of the SD? I did not have any luck with it, getting a "Not supported" message, so the workaround was to load the file (it was just basic), get to the root directory and save it.

Duke

Quote from: Takis Kalatzis on 08:25, 27 September 16
Is there any way of displaying the current directory? If I remember correctly, neither cat or IDIR commands show this information. I think an IPWD command would be really useful.

Also, is it possible to copy a file (using ICOPYF command) from inside a .dsk file to the root directory of the SD? I did not have any luck with it, getting a "Not supported" message, so the workaround was to load the file (it was just basic), get to the root directory and save it.
There is a command to get the current path (C_GETPATH) but there is no RSX using it, its a good idea to list the active path within the cat/|DIR (will add it next time around).
And yes the |COPYF doesn't work within .DSK images. Tbh. there is so many features I could add, but at the end of the day how many will actually use them.
Anyway noted.

Also the M4ROM source is available at github (M4Duke (Duke) · GitHub), so anyone could add custom commands, if they are good to the general users I can include them in the release build aswell. - Ie. @SOS just made a couple of functions, I'll likely add for next build, but otherwise you can put your own M4ROM.BIN file in root and it will be used instead of the built-in version.

Prodatron

I did a few modifications at the M4Board network driver for the SymbOS Network Daemon, and now it seems to run much more stable.
I was able to watch ASCII Star Wars with Telnet for a longer time until the first shooting scenes. Then the whole system did a reset, but that was already a great progress.
At the same time EdoZ finished another alpha version of his IRC client SymIRC. I tried it with the new driver on the CPC and it was running stable for more than one hour. We had a nice chat with Trebmint and EdoZ, I wonder if it was the first time, when a CPC was connected to IRC with an own client? While having the IRC connection open I was able to download files with WGET simultaneously. That was my first real test with having multiple connection opened at the same time on the CPC!

The SymIRC is currently not filtering all server messages, which shouldn't be displayed in the chat window. EdoZ is now working on removing all unnecessary stuff which is currently slowing down the output.
I have to speak to Duke for some details again, but will do a preview release anyway as soon as possible.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

mr_lou

SymIRC is looking really promising!!! Awesometastic!  :)
Great work guys!

Duke

Looks great ! And glad to hear multiple connections is working too :)
Good work @Prodatron and @Edoz(MSX)

TFM

Quote from: Duke on 16:02, 27 September 16
Looks great ! And glad to hear multiple connections is working too :)
Good work @Prodatron and @Edoz(MSX)

Indeed great job done! And in a short amount of time! Keep the good work going.  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Jungsi

Great work !  :)  I'am looking forward to have a chat with irc!

Question:
I'am a little bit confused with all the information in this thread how to use the M4 together with X-MEM.
Is there a short description or can someone explain it to me step by step - which ROM belongs to which slot? :-)
I'am using a CPC6128 (german)

Duke

Quote from: Jungsi on 17:51, 27 September 16
Question:
I'am a little bit confused with all the information in this thread how to use the M4 together with X-MEM.
Is there a short description or can someone explain it to me step by step - which ROM belongs to which slot? :-)
I'am using a CPC6128 (german)

The simple method is to disable the romboard function of XMEM and use the 32 (33) romslots of M4 board. There is a jumper below the CPLD on the XMEM, which you can set to NO.

Otherwise:
If you wish to use 64 roms, you will need to go into the webinterface of M4 board and set romslot start position to 32, so that M4 roms will be mapped after XMEM roms.
This will give some issues with the position of the M4 rom and replacing AMSDOS unless you got a CPC6128 which can replace rom 7.

EDIT: I could make a lowerrom replacement for CPC6128 that will ie. use romslot 127 for M4 ROM, if there's interest.

Takis Kalatzis

After the M4 introduction of directories and .dsk files, I decided I needed a disk navigation program to avoid all the typing for changing directories.
I didn't want to start from scratch, so I modified a very nice little program (Disk menu by Joe Halstead) in order to support directory navigation.

I am posting the .BAS code and the converted ASCII file (.TXT) in the hope that other members of the community will find it useful.

Some instructions for use :
- save it in the root folder of the SD card, use cursor keys for navigation
- Space Bar gets inside directories or selects a file for Load,Run. Cancel lets you select another file
- "O" key gets out of a directory
- Since the original program used CAT command and this has not been modified, it probably will not work well with cards having hundreds of files.

remax

Brain Radioactivity

dragon

One ignorant question. Is posible acces to this?.

http://www.retrocomputers.online/2016/08/20/more-photos-of-viewdata-on-the-amstrad-cpc/

http://www.retrocomputers.online/2013/11/18/lets-take-a-look-at-viewdata/

(Using the m4 offcourse).

Another ignorant cuestión, maybe is posible make the cpc can load the teletext Pages online?.

Example:

http://www.rtve.es/television/teletexto/

I refer to teletext exclusively, not the entire web Page of course.

anyf33

Quote from: Takis Kalatzis on 07:06, 01 October 16
After the M4 introduction of directories and .dsk files, I decided I needed a disk navigation program to avoid all the typing for changing directories.
I didn't want to start from scratch, so I modified a very nice little program (Disk menu by Joe Halstead) in order to support directory navigation.

I am posting the .BAS code and the converted ASCII file (.TXT) in the hope that other members of the community will find it useful.

Some instructions for use :
- save it in the root folder of the SD card, use cursor keys for navigation
- Space Bar gets inside directories or selects a file for Load,Run. Cancel lets you select another file
- "O" key gets out of a directory
- Since the original program used CAT command and this has not been modified, it probably will not work well with cards having hundreds of files.

Very good i use it renamed as autoexec.bas , so it is starting when i open my cpc!
one only question how can i exit?
The only trick i found is to load a .s file that gives me "line too long" to exit!
thank you for the .bas file

Takis Kalatzis

Quote from: anyf33 on 21:25, 01 October 16

Very good i use it renamed as autoexec.bas , so it is starting when i open my cpc!
one only question how can i exit?
The only trick i found is to load a .s file that gives me "line too long" to exit!
thank you for the .bas file

Have you tried pressing ESC key twice? It is a general exiting mechanism from basic programs.

Duke

anyf33

Quote from: Takis Kalatzis on 21:43, 01 October 16

Have you tried pressing ESC key twice? It is a general exiting mechanism from basic programs.
:o  it works . I feel so noob!  :doh:  but i remerber that there is a way to prevent this. 29 years passed and i dont remember more :laugh:

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft