News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Etegar

Duke, i change my previous choice then, i want a M4 board with MX4 connector plus a pcb adapter, because I own a standard cpc6128 without motherX4 board.
Many thanks for your explanation.

MiguelSky

I want my M4 with adapter PCB assembled, please :)

AlexD

No problem about the delay, I have been waiting for this card for 15 years.... thanks for making it true ! :)

Lazy Dude

woo hoo, I am not last on the list!

one M4 Board with Edge connector for me please

Duke

Some bad news :/
Today I received a Schneider CPC464 I bought over Ebay.
First I would like to correct what I wrote earlier that Schneider CPC uses Centronics connector, appearently this is only for CPC6128 model, but please someone correct if I am wrong.
Atleast this Schnieder CPC464 is regular Card Edge.

The board is V1, with MC0001A code and Gate Array 40007.

It does not work with M4 Board right now.

As far as I managed to find for now, is the timing of the ROMEN (was a sligth bit earlier than _RD before) signal is different to what I have tested on so far, and probably due to the 40007 gate array.

I haven't put on the logic analyser yet, but I am fairly sure this is the problem. I can get M4 board to work by overclocking the cortex M4.
Hopefully I can figure something out, but I don't know yet.

I'll update you when I know more, but at this time be preparred it may not work with GA 40007 cpc's (and you can of course cancel your order).

yannis_uno

Duke,

MX4 connector + adapter to my current 1 piece order, if possible, please. Thanks!

gerald

Quote from: Duke on 18:40, 04 June 16
As far as I managed to find for now, is the timing of the ROMEN (was a sligth bit earlier than _RD before) signal is different to what I have tested on so far, and probably due to the 40007 gate array.
I am a bit surprised that ROMEN could be earlier than RDn since ROMEN is a generated from RDn / MREQn / A14 / A15 (according to my in-progress 40010 analysis)
My archived LA trace of both 40010 and 40007 does not show a big difference either : the 40007 seems a bit slower than the 40010 (50ns instead of 30ns)

Curious to see your findings  :)

Duke

@gerald :

You are completely right, I was going by memory (been some months since I had the LA connected to the CPC bus).
[attach=2]
It's RD that's 30 ns prior to ROMEN on a CPC6128 with 40010 GA.
Still this is what throws my timing off (I think), triggering for ROMEN then executing ARM instructions (check if rom mapped, turn bus direction) if 40007 is 20 ns longer (slower) into the RD
I'll have a look on GA 40007 tomorrow with the LA and re-think if I can do my timings differently.

Regards,
Duke
Quote from: gerald on 19:14, 04 June 16
I am a bit surprised that ROMEN could be earlier than RDn since ROMEN is a generated from RDn / MREQn / A14 / A15 (according to my in-progress 40010 analysis)
My archived LA trace of both 40010 and 40007 does not show a big difference either : the 40007 seems a bit slower than the 40010 (50ns instead of 30ns)

Curious to see your findings  :)

robcfg

Interesting, indeed.

I thought that my 464s had dirty contacts, but one is a schneider and the other one a MC0001A.

Gerald, how are you progressing with the 40010?

Duke

Bingo, re-arranged my arm assembly code case check (with first check on ROMEN) and it works on normal clock speed.  - There's still an issue with the ESP8266 signal checking (it's hit and miss right now), but that'll be solveable. Phew :)

Duke

I was relieved when Cpcmaniaco and the others got it working on basic 1.0 and 1.1 CPC464's and thought yours might have been bad contacts too :)
Glad I got this CPC anyway then. The problem will be solved.
Quote from: robcfg on 20:04, 04 June 16
Interesting, indeed.

I thought that my 464s had dirty contacts, but one is a schneider and the other one a MC0001A.

gerald

Quote from: robcfg on 20:04, 04 June 16
Interesting, indeed.

Something like 90% of the netlist done.
Next step would be to have working VHDL model

Duke

And there should be a file commander/navigator of some kind for basic 1.0 atleast, the :
a$="subdirectory": |cd,@a$
etc.
Is really annoying...

SRS

Quote from: Duke on 20:39, 04 June 16
And there should be a file commander/navigator of some kind for basic 1.0 atleast, the :
a$="subdirectory": |cd,@a$
etc.
Is really annoying...

Feel free to use/modify my "$" (basic 1.0)  -> run"$ - or another disc directory tool
or the parallel (in old time) (baisc 1.1)  Interesting Type-Ins.

Tai

OMFG! How could I've missed this thread!  :picard2:

Is it too late to order this awesomeness? If not, I would like to order two M4 Boards with MX4 connector, pleease!

Duke

Cool thanks. Exactly what I had in mind, just needs to support changing directories.

Quote from: SRS on 21:15, 04 June 16
Feel free to use/modify my "$" (basic 1.0)  -> run"$ - or another disc directory tool
or the parallel (in old time) (baisc 1.1)  Interesting Type-Ins.

Duke

You have been added to the list :)
Quote from: Tai on 22:03, 04 June 16
OMFG! How could I've missed this thread!  :picard2:

Is it too late to order this awesomeness? If not, I would like to order two M4 Boards with MX4 connector, pleease!

Duke

Looks like everything is back on track.
All works on CPC464 GA 40007, CPC 664 GA 40010 and CPC 6128+ with latest changes.

Tai

Quote from: Duke on 01:07, 05 June 16
You have been added to the list :)

8)

Thank you so much... can't wait  ;)

Dubliner

I would like mine to have edge conector. Thanks :)

Maniac

Quote from: Duke on 02:10, 05 June 16
Looks like everything is back on track.
All works on CPC464 GA 40007, CPC 664 GA 40010 and CPC 6128+ with latest changes.

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere in the thread but will the device support updates for things like this please?

Duke

Quote from: Maniac on 16:59, 06 June 16
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere in the thread but will the device support updates for things like this please?

Yes it will. In the future you can just use |upgrade command.
But for now the boards I shipped contains v1.0.0, if you cannot configure it because:
1) Your cpc does not support overriding rom7
2) Your cpc has GA 40007

You can download M4 firmware v1.0.1 here:
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v101.zip

Copy it to your microSD from the PC.
Insert it to M4 board and power On (red led will be on for a few seconds while it upgrades)
When done it will reset and it should be ok.
Default ROM mapping in v1.0.0. was 7, but in v1.0.1 it's 6, since I learned not all CPC6128's will allow you to override internal rom 7 (amsdos).

Afterwards you can from the web interface (under Roms) select rom map 7 for M4, which is best compatiblity with games etc. If your CPC runs a reset loop after this, go back into the web interface again and set it to 6 (or 1 to 5). If you set it above 7, basic file I/O commands will not be re-directed to microSD card.

And for those that are shipped and may receive it the coming days, be sure to check out (and refresh):
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt

It contains basic information for first time use (not quite finished, but enough to get your started hopefully).

dirtybb

Hi

Got it tonight, tested it, works like a charm :)

Thanks a lot

Grim

MX4 connector for me too. Thanks!

Maniac

Quote from: Duke on 17:19, 06 June 16
Yes it will. In the future you can just use |upgrade command.
But for now the boards I shipped contains v1.0.0, if you cannot configure it because:
1) Your cpc does not support overriding rom7
2) Your cpc has GA 40007

You can download M4 firmware v1.0.1 here:
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v101.zip

Copy it to your microSD from the PC.
Insert it to M4 board and power On (red led will be on for a few seconds while it upgrades)
When done it will reset and it should be ok.
Default ROM mapping in v1.0.0. was 7, but in v1.0.1 it's 6, since I learned not all CPC6128's will allow you to override internal rom 7 (amsdos).

Afterwards you can from the web interface (under Roms) select rom map 7 for M4, which is best compatiblity with games etc. If your CPC runs a reset loop after this, go back into the web interface again and set it to 6 (or 1 to 5). If you set it above 7, basic file I/O commands will not be re-directed to microSD card.

And for those that are shipped and may receive it the coming days, be sure to check out (and refresh):
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt

It contains basic information for first time use (not quite finished, but enough to get your started hopefully).
That's great Duke! Thanks for the extra info! Just waiting for the board to arrive!