News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

myrsky

Hi...

Just a question, where can i download FW3.xx for a spanish layout keymap and cpc 6128 basic 1.1?

Thanks.

CraigsBar

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Duke

Finally had a bit of time to use my own hardware for amusement, this collection is amazing, almost everything works that I tried (proper cracks!).
This is with CPC6128+ and M4 rom mapped as rom7, thanks for the good work @MiguelSky.
All this needs is a quick navigator to get rid of the |cd, |dir navigation, maybe a quick scan for executable files and display full length directory names. Something I'd like to make if noone else is in the process  8)

Quote from: MiguelSky on 13:20, 01 August 16
I've just made a CPCLoader collection with all the games of NVG extracted to folders similar to the one I made to use with BonnyDOS.

http://www.amstrad.es/cpcgamescd/NVG_CPCLoader_Games_Collection.zip

Patching for not working games is welcome ;)

CraigsBar

I love seeing posts from @Prodatron in this thread, hopefully this means a version of SymbOS that can be launched from the m4 micro SD card a: with WiFi might be coming. Please please please ;)

It would be so sweet to be able to launch symbos with a run"sym on the a drive with microsd speeds. ;)

MiguelSky

Quote from: Duke on 18:01, 22 August 16this collection is amazing, almost everything works that I tried (proper cracks!).
This is with CPC6128+ and M4 rom mapped as rom7, thanks for the good work @MiguelSky.
Well, most of the work is by Nich Campbell (ftp NVG) and TroelsK (CPCLoader), I only put together the work of both of them.

QuoteAll this needs is a quick navigator to get rid of the |cd, |dir navigation, maybe a quick scan for executable files and display full length directory names. Something I'd like to make if noone else is in the process  8) 
Yes! That sounds great!

Duke

Quote from: MiguelSky on 18:56, 22 August 16
Well, most of the work is by Nich Campbell (ftp NVG) and TroelsK (CPCLoader), I only put together the work of both of them.

Yes! That sounds great!
Ahh, I was looking for a long time for cracked games as most downloads were original dumps (mainly I found http://cngsoft.no-ip.org and CPCCRACKERS - DOWNLOADS with good cracks). Nice to have one huge collection.

rcmolina

Quote from: Duke on 18:01, 22 August 16
All this needs is a quick navigator to get rid of the |cd, |dir navigation, maybe a quick scan for executable files and display full length directory names. Something I'd like to make if noone else is in the process  8)

A dream comes true!  :P

rcmolina

What about your fat browser creature name ?  :o
Have you think about that?

Duke

Quote from: rcmolina on 09:36, 24 August 16
What about your fat browser creature name ?  :o
Have you think about that?
lol no, let's see if I get started at all :) I feel very rusty when it comes to CPC UI programming...

zhulien

hi Duke, got my Wifi cards today, so excited... but 4am so have to sleep for work...  do you recommend i use it in place of XMem or in addition to?

Duke

Cool. I recommend you disable romboard function of Xmem (should be a jumper for it) until you need 64 roms, then you wont have to do other tricks to have M4 rom available.

Quote from: zhulien on 18:56, 24 August 16
hi Duke, got my Wifi cards today, so excited... but 4am so have to sleep for work...  do you recommend i use it in place of XMem or in addition to?

Prodatron

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:28, 22 August 16
I love seeing posts from @Prodatron in this thread, hopefully this means a version of SymbOS that can be launched from the m4 micro SD card a: with WiFi might be coming. Please please please ;)

It would be so sweet to be able to launch symbos with a run"sym on the a drive with microsd speeds. ;)
You can already boot the "raw" version of SymbOS with the M4 from SD card in about 2 seconds :)
During the last days/weeks Duke already added a lot of very useful API stuff to the M4 firmware. This will enable full SymbOS support very soon - both SD card access and networking. At least I am currently working on it and hope to have it finish somewhen in september.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

CraigsBar

Quote from: Prodatron on 19:28, 24 August 16
You can already boot the "raw" version of SymbOS with the M4 from SD card in about 2 seconds :)
During the last days/weeks Duke already added a lot of very useful API stuff to the M4 firmware. This will enable full SymbOS support very soon - both SD card access and networking. At least I am currently working on it and hope to have it finish somewhen in september.
Great news! Guess what I am playing with tonight ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:33, 24 August 16
Great news! Guess what I am playing with tonight ;)
And indeed it does. I love the fact that it reconnects the floppy drives after boot. So in theory, we could have symbos booted from the raw dsk image on the m4 SD card, and once running have the conf file on the SD card and retain access to the floppies. Wow. I cannot wait.

Duke

Quote from: myrsky on 21:01, 24 August 16
These basic roms are correct for m4? ROM List - CPCWiki

Yes they are fine, but you may need to match them tough, if ie. using basic 1.1 from CPC664 you need to use lowerrom for CPC664 aswell.
Incase of fw316 you need CPC6128 basic.

Prodatron

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:38, 25 August 16
And indeed it does. I love the fact that it reconnects the floppy drives after boot. So in theory, we could have symbos booted from the raw dsk image on the m4 SD card, and once running have the conf file on the SD card and retain access to the floppies. Wow. I cannot wait.
Yes, I can't wait for this as well!  :)

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

CraigsBar

Quote from: Prodatron on 15:41, 25 August 16
Yes, I can't wait for this as well!  :)
Not this week then. ;) CPC and m4 will be an awesome symbos platform.

myrsky

Quote from: Duke on 15:19, 25 August 16
Yes they are fine, but you may need to match them tough, if ie. using basic 1.1 from CPC664 you need to use lowerrom for CPC664 aswell.
Incase of fw316 you need CPC6128 basic.

Yes i was talking about the 6128 one, thank you!

ukmarkh

Does this mean we will all be able to play CPC games, multiplayer in the future?

Duke

Quote from: ukmarkh on 00:01, 27 August 16
Does this mean we will all be able to play CPC games, multiplayer in the future?
Yes, it's up to the devs of future games of course. It should be fully possible with the 2nd beta api, at the cost of a couple of rasterlines per frame.
For info how to use the api check the telnet source example and documentation here: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt
Without actual host api (might come, might not..). A game server would be needed rather than p2p connections.

Reason it's still beta, is that I need some feedback if any issues or something needs to be changed.

Octoate

Hi Duke,
during the Evoke I played around with the networking and had trouble connection to my WiFi network via the Netstat command. The WiFi name contains spaces e.g. "ABC Cdefg 1" and I wasn't able to set it up - however, using the config file on the SD card worked fine. The firmware was version 1.0.8. Is this a known issue?
And another question... working in a network with more than 400 people, some people think that it is funny to reset the CPC during playing or working with it ;-). A simple password protection for the webinterface would be really nice :D.
--

Duke

Quote from: Octoate on 09:41, 27 August 16
Hi Duke,
during the Evoke I played around with the networking and had trouble connection to my WiFi network via the Netstat command. The WiFi name contains spaces e.g. "ABC Cdefg 1" and I wasn't able to set it up - however, using the config file on the SD card worked fine. The firmware was version 1.0.8. Is this a known issue?
And another question... working in a network with more than 400 people, some people think that it is funny to reset the CPC during playing or working with it ;-). A simple password protection for the webinterface would be really nice :D .
Hi Octoate,

It's the first I have heard of it, but will check it out soon thanks :)  And good point about the password for web UI, I'll see what can be done about it.

Edoz(MSX)

Quote from: ukmarkh on 00:01, 27 August 16

If there is a network driver ready for the SymbOS network daemon then there already some network applications and (small games) which should work on the CPC :D

Snake network Multiplayer game for SymbOS 3 | MSX Resource Center
Battleship network game for SymbOS 3 | MSX Resource Center
SymBUS remote simple managment for SymbOS 3 | MSX Resource Center
Network Chat (Client) Program for SymbOS running Network Daemon | MSX Resource

small movie for the chat client:
[/url]
and fun with battle-ship
[/url]

It will be cool to have the CPC with network! That will link the MSX and CPC together ! as the CPC and MSX are Z80 brothers :D 

[EDIT: Please use the YouTube button to embed your videos]

KaosOverride

Got the cards!! When I have some free time I will test them. Is there any roadmap for UDP?

My idea is to make some kind of BSD sockets lib for SDCC (CPCtelera, etc) because I have a port in mind. But I need UDP. No hurry!!!
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder