News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

Quote from: Duke on 19:06, 04 September 16
Attached is a slightly modified lowerrom for cpc6128.
This is for CPC6128 users who cannot not set M4 rom to 7, which breaks compatiblity with many games, that re-initialize amsdos (rom 7).

With this lowerrom you must set M4 rom to 6, then enable lowerrom and upload this to whatever lower rom slot you choose (ie. 31).

When games (loaders) call init rom 7, rom 6 (m4) will be initialized instead.

If there's interest I may make the patch a little more intelligent so that M4 rom could be at any pos.

Thanks, I guess there is no way it'll work at the same time of FW3.16 ?
Brain Radioactivity

Duke

Quote from: remax on 10:43, 02 October 16
Thanks, I guess there is no way it'll work at the same time of FW3.16 ?

No, as both are lowerroms, however the small patch I did, could be done similarily on fw3.16.

remax

Quote from: Duke on 14:06, 02 October 16
No, as both are lowerroms, however the small patch I did, could be done similarily on fw3.16.

Ok thanks, i'll hope it will be done eventually :)

Can someone point me to a game that have the problem this patch solve, to make sure everything is working as it should ?
Brain Radioactivity

zhulien

Hi duke. Any chance you could allow remappimg the roms of m4 to 64 to 95 (allowing 96 roms with xmem and ymem)? I am wanting to experiment with a romdrive concept but also dont want to lose the roms on any of the boards... would seem a pitty to.  You could argue why have a romdrive if we have sdcard. .. well... its there.

Duke

Quote from: zhulien on 21:04, 02 October 16
Hi duke. Any chance you could allow remappimg the roms of m4 to 64 to 95 (allowing 96 roms with xmem and ymem)? I am wanting to experiment with a romdrive concept but also dont want to lose the roms on any of the boards... would seem a pitty to.  You could argue why have a romdrive if we have sdcard. .. well... its there.
You can already map at 64 (or any other pos you want). Just set the starting pos in the webinterface.

zhulien

SOS

|CD,"/" goes to root, when e.g. i'm on the path "/m4/3/test"
e.g.
When I do:
|cd,"/m4
|cd,"equinox.dsk"
the |CD,"/"doesnt go to root, only makes a |cd,".."

Could you change this, that |CD,"/" goes to root, when i have prevouisly choosen a dsk?

Duke

Noted, will change it when I get a chance, thanks.

Joseman

Quote from: Duke on 12:39, 03 October 16
Noted, will change it when I get a chance, thanks.

Thanks to you for this great piece of hardware!!

remax

Quote from: Duke on 23:42, 02 October 16
You can already map at 64 (or any other pos you want). Just set the starting pos in the webinterface.

Am I the only one that can't do that with V9 ?

I tried with firefox (starting pos : 32) and chrome, but it stayed at slot1,2,3...

i remember it worked in some of the previous version...

(test : same with v10beta)
Brain Radioactivity

Duke

Quote from: remax on 21:28, 03 October 16
Am I the only one that can't do that with V9 ?

I tried with firefox (starting pos : 32) and chrome, but it stayed at slot1,2,3...

i remember it worked in some of the previous version...

(test : same with v10beta)

The slot numbers will display the same in the web interface, physically they will change though.

00WReX

Hi Duke,

My two boards arrived safely today. Thank you.

I quickly tried one on a 464 and noticed something cool that may have been mentioned in this long thread, but the latest 'M4 Board Instructions' does not mention it.

The Instructions mention...

QuoteNotice on CPC's with Basic 1.0 (CPC464), RSX commands work in a different way, you can't pass the parameters directly to the rsx.
You will have to do it via a variable.
Ie. change into a sub directory called "DISCS". Type:  A$="DISCS":|cd,@A$
On basic 1.1 it would be: |cd,"DISCS".

This fine works, but I found something that also works with .dsk files.
Type |CD press enter.
at this point is waits for a response.
put in the .dsk files e.g. <filename.dsk>
and then the dsk is now opened.
A cat will display the contents.

It may be old news, but I could not find it. Probably does not hurt to repeat it anyway  :)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 10:43, 04 October 16
Hi Duke,

My two boards arrived safely today. Thank you.

I quickly tried one on a 464 and noticed something cool that may have been mentioned in this long thread, but the latest 'M4 Board Instructions' does not mention it.

The Instructions mention...

This fine works, but I found something that also works with .dsk files.
Type |CD press enter.
at this point is waits for a response.
put in the .dsk files e.g. <filename.dsk>
and then the dsk is now opened.
A cat will display the contents.

It may be old news, but I could not find it. Probably does not hurt to repeat it anyway  :)

Cheers,
Shane

Good to hear.

Yes, you can use cursor + copy keys too if you type |cd and enter, however since you can now replace lowerrom too with M4, its redundant (just upgrade the 464 to basic 1.1). It may be removed again, to free space for other things in the rom.

remax

Quote from: Duke on 05:12, 04 October 16
The slot numbers will display the same in the web interface, physically they will change though.

Ok it works well, i just tested it thanks to the |help command of XMEM.

Now there is one remaining problem, i don't know if you're the one that can help me :

I have M4board starting at slot 32, with the M4 relay rom on slot 6 of the XMEM.
It works well, the M4 board is started at launch at the same time that the XMEM...

... but, if i upload a application in slot 33 (i tried with protext and discology 6), i have the rom recognized by |help, with the RSXs described, but a "Unknown command" happen if i try to use a RSX (|p for protext, |d6 for discology6).

I guess i need something to relay the command to the upper slots (ie >31), as i guess FW315 only activate 32 roms, but i don't now what is needed, and neither if it even exists !

EDIT : everything works if i start the M4 board at, say, slot 26... so it's really a slot >31 thing !
Brain Radioactivity

Duke

I don't think there is anything that uses roms >31. So ie. FW316 only initializes roms 0-31, and the |help probably only scans 0-31, so technically until someone makes a patch / rsx commands to use roms slots >31 it's no use, unless you address the roms directly for a custom purpose.

remax

OK... thanks, that's what i thought.

What is funny is that |help,33 works perfectly and lists the rsx. So |help already scans slots >31.

Last request (don't know if it's feasible) : is it possible to keep the RAM Drive of the XMEM with the M4 Board activated, it would help greatly the transfers...
Brain Radioactivity

Duke

Quote from: remax on 21:11, 04 October 16
Last request (don't know if it's feasible) : is it possible to keep the RAM Drive of the XMEM with the M4 Board activated, it would help greatly the transfers...

I just got an XMEM recently (thanks Toto!). I don't know how the RAM drive works. I guess you need fw316, how do you access it ? -do you need some upper rom also? Thanks. Will look into it, once I see how it works.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 22:02, 04 October 16
I just got an XMEM recently (thanks Toto!). I don't know how the RAM drive works. I guess you need fw316, how do you access it ? -do you need some upper rom also? Thanks. Will look into it, once I see how it works.
The ram drive feature has been removed from 3.16, 3.15 has it but it clashed with the xmass so was removed.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Prodatron

syMIRC written by EdoZ using the Quigs IDE by Trebmint is getting better an better. Beside filtering all the unnecessary server messages during login and chat session it now has multiple channel support as well. We had some nice chats in the #CPC channel this evening with a CPC6128 + M4Board, an MSX + Denyonet and some "normal" PCs :)

I can't wait to add USB mouse support for the Albireo!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

||C|-|E||

This is supercool!  :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Prodatron on 23:45, 05 October 16
syMIRC written by EdoZ using the Quigs IDE by Trebmint is getting better an better. Beside filtering all the unnecessary server messages during login and chat session it now has multiple channel support as well. We had some nice chats in the #CPC channel this evening with a CPC6128 + M4Board, an MSX + Denyonet and some "normal" PCs :)

I can't wait to add USB mouse support for the Albireo!
:) :) :) I can't wait to join you online from a CPC :) :) :)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

00WReX

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tested the M4 on a 'Cost Down' MC0099A mainboard CPC464 ??

The one with the 100pin SMD Gate Array (combines the old Gate Array, CRTC, and some FDC/DRAM/RESET logic in one chip).

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mainboard_Versions#CPC464_version_4_.28cost-down.29

I have been using the M4 fine with an older 464, and tested pretty much everything with it and all good.
But my 464 with the 'Cost Down' mainboard just cyclic reboots.
I have thoroughly cleaned the edge connector contacts.
I have moved the M4 ROM between positions 6 & 7.
I removed the SD card altogether.
During the cyclic reboot the M4 ROM name is never displayed.

I can still communicate with the M4 via the web browser (config file on SD card from other CPC setup).

Testing a normal ROM board on this CPC is fine so assuming the connector contacts are all OK.

The 'Cost Down' 6128 also has the same 100 pin SMD chip (40226) so interesting if anyone has tested an M4 with one of those as well.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mainboard_Versions#CPC6128_version_3_.28cost-down.29

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Hi 00WReX,

You are probably the first to try this I guess.

Try to disable M4 rom (and dont have any other roms enabled). I am curious if the CPC464 cost down will start up without entering reset loop?

Regards,
Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 02:47, 09 October 16
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tested the M4 on a 'Cost Down' MC0099A mainboard CPC464 ??

The one with the 100pin SMD Gate Array (combines the old Gate Array, CRTC, and some FDC/DRAM/RESET logic in one chip).

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mainboard_Versions#CPC464_version_4_.28cost-down.29

I have been using the M4 fine with an older 464, and tested pretty much everything with it and all good.
But my 464 with the 'Cost Down' mainboard just cyclic reboots.
I have thoroughly cleaned the edge connector contacts.
I have moved the M4 ROM between positions 6 & 7.
I removed the SD card altogether.
During the cyclic reboot the M4 ROM name is never displayed.

I can still communicate with the M4 via the web browser (config file on SD card from other CPC setup).

Testing a normal ROM board on this CPC is fine so assuming the connector contacts are all OK.

The 'Cost Down' 6128 also has the same 100 pin SMD chip (40226) so interesting if anyone has tested an M4 with one of those as well.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mainboard_Versions#CPC6128_version_3_.28cost-down.29

Cheers,
Shane

dragon

Quote from: Duke on 06:12, 09 October 16
Hi 00WReX,

You are probably the first to try this I guess.

Try to disable M4 rom (and dont have any other roms enabled). I am curious if the CPC464 cost down will start up without entering reset loop?

Regards,
Duke

Hi duke my 6128 is a costdown, i can  help to test  this when my board arrived to solve It.

I think i can asume he not work on It.

dragon

Quote from: TotO on 13:40, 30 June 16The question is not new and always the same: When the CPC is no more a CPC?Taking control over the Z80 with a MCU (your ARM, Arduino, ...) allow everything. The CPC is finally a simple terminal to input and display.
;)

Reading the thread when Reading  your post remember me on thing.

You have described how superfx chip works in snes. Fx do all the job, and he only send to snes vídeo memory what snes draw in screen.

If you asking a player when is playing  Doom or super Mario world 2. If a snes is not a snes anymore. I dobut they respond no. They probably tell sfx is a great  chip and desmotrate the power of snes.Because snes is designed to allowed these type of chips. And is a part of the system.

Only remember the history

PD: i not know what happend with the font is write o.k. lol.

Edit: Fixed - Bryce.