News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

MissionComplete

Quote from: Joseman on 11:29, 13 October 16
Hi @Duke_

Today the m4 board is unable to work with the wifi part

|netstat tells that is connected

but |httpget hangs the cpc and symbos 3.0 don't work with symirc anymore

if i type the ip on my pc firefox, instead of the configuration page it displays "404 - not found"

what can be happening?

Si estás utilizando una IP fija, puede que la hayas puesto fuera del rango de tu red o puede que ya esté siendo utilizada esa IP. Yo puse sin darme cuenta ip=192.168.1.19, cuando debía haber puesto ip=192.168.0.19. Al hacer netstat, la M4 decía estar conectada con la IP que yo le había asignado, pero no lo estaba. De hecho, era imposible, porque también le había dado mal la puerta de enlace. Me volví loco hasta que me di cuenta.

Is it possible that you have assigned a static IP out of rank of your WLAN? In that case, netstat shows the wrong IP that you have assigned, but there is no connection.

Duke

Or possibly a conflict with some other device on the network, maybe try DHCP....

Edoz(MSX)

Quote from: MissionComplete on 14:39, 13 October 16
Si estás utilizando una IP fija, puede que la hayas puesto fuera del rango de tu red o puede que ya esté siendo utilizada esa IP. Yo puse sin darme cuenta ip=192.168.1.19, cuando debía haber puesto ip=192.168.0.19. Al hacer netstat, la M4 decía estar conectada con la IP que yo le había asignado, pero no lo estaba. De hecho, era imposible, porque también le había dado mal la puerta de enlace. Me volví loco hasta que me di cuenta.

Is it possible that you have assigned a static IP out of rank of your WLAN? In that case, netstat shows the wrong IP that you have assigned, but there is no connection.

It could also that your gateway address is wrong or your DNS lookup. In SymbOS i always use nslookup www.cpcwiki.eu or so to see if you get the good IP.. and if so .. you know that your gateway is doing routing correctly ...

Prodatron

Quote from: Duke on 11:57, 13 October 16
Btw. if anyone feels like trying:
M4 firmware v1.1.0b3 - http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v110b3.zip

Should fix issues with corrupt file download and more when using symbOS 3.0 preview.

Wow, what a great day! First the USB mouse driver issues have been solved, and now the M4Board network seems to be 100% stable as well! My first tests where all successful, thanks a lot, Duke!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

remax

My M4 Board seems to be dead... i tryed many things, pluged directly, on motherx4 with usb powering...

But everything i try does nothjng : there isn't the M4board message on startup. The blue light is on, the wifi light blink rapidly on then off definitively. The reset does nothing to the cpc but lights the red light...

Any idea ?
Brain Radioactivity

Duke

Can you ping the board from a PC ? -when the CPC is turned on. If so I think connector?

If not, try to put the latest upgrade in root of microSD card and see if it does go through the update process (red light on, then wifi light on, then both lights off).

And did you try without microSD inserted, incase something got screwed in the fs?

Quote from: remax on 19:35, 13 October 16
My M4 Board seems to be dead... i tryed many things, pluged directly, on motherx4 with usb powering...

But everything i try does nothjng : there isn't the M4board message on startup. The blue light is on, the wifi light blink rapidly on then off definitively. The reset does nothing to the cpc but lights the red light...

Any idea ?

remax

Quote from: Duke on 20:16, 13 October 16
Can you ping the board from a PC ? -when the CPC is turned on. If so I think connector?

If not, try to put the latest upgrade in root of microSD card and see if it does go through the update process (red light on, then wifi light on, then both lights off).

And did you try without microSD inserted, incase something got screwed in the fs?

I did try to remove the SD card and launch, to reformat the SD card and launch, to ping the board... nothing worked...

I'm gonna try the update...

At least the SD Card port works, as i noticed that the m4 folder has been recreated and the update process worked... (well i think)...
Brain Radioactivity

Duke

Quote from: remax on 20:30, 13 October 16
At least the SD Card port works, as i noticed that the m4 folder has been recreated and the update process worked... (well i think)...

Guess it still isn't recognized by the CPC then?  - If so please send it back and I'll fix it or send you a new one.

remax

Quote from: Duke on 20:37, 13 October 16
Guess it still isn't recognized by the CPC then?  - If so please send it back and I'll fix it or send you a new one.

Yeah no sign of life sadly...
Brain Radioactivity

Joseman

Thankyou all guys!!

yes, you all were right

the router didn't work well this morning, but the CPC stills displayed "connected" and "got ip 192.168.0.220", symbos believed to be "connect" too, but none of them were connect  ;D

Yes, i'd the ip static 192.168.0.220, hence netstat and symbos were convinced on being online...

this night i've reconfigured the router and set dhcp on m4, all started to work again!!!

Thanyou all again!

00WReX

Quote from: remax on 20:30, 13 October 16

I did try to remove the SD card and launch, to reformat the SD card and launch, to ping the board... nothing worked...

I'm gonna try the update...

Hmmm, I think one of my M4's has just done the same thing as remax's board.

I was using it fine, then switched it to another CPC. Switched it back and no M4 ROM.
I checked my connections and tried again, same thing.
All LEDs on the board flash like normal, but no M4 ROM.

I tried my other M4 on the same computer with the same connector and all fine.

So back to the other one again, I tried to access it via the webserver (SD / config file was already setup) but no connection to the webserver.

I had already upgraded to FW v1.1.0 beta 3  so I place the v1.0.9 files on the root of the SD and booted it.
You can see the LED's stay on just like expected with a FW upgrade, but once finished the CPC just sits there at the normal BASIC prompt.

I tried no SD card... just boots like a normal CPC (same as when the SD card is in).
I tried another SD (although the original reads fine in the PC and other M4).
It creates the m4 directory with the ROM files correctly.

I'm out of idea's. Is there any way I can perform a disaster recovery and get the M4 ROM back.
I'm assuming without the M4 ROM the webserver will not work as it will not get an IP.

So it appears to me that everything on the board is working (going by the LED's) it's just that somehow the M4 ROM has gone missing.
Also due to the fact when I plugged in a new / blank sd card it created the m4 directory with the ROM files.

My setup is simply a 464 with the M4 straight into it via a short ribbon cable / edge connector setup.
I have an MX4 board but that is setup on a 6128 and I have not even tried the M4 on that yet.

:(

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

robcfg

That's weird.

When I was testing one of the first boards, I put it in ten or twelve different CPCs and it's still working fine.

Try cleaning the contacts on your CPC and on the board itself.

Duke

Yeah hmm, thats odd.
I am starting to wonder if its my fix in v1.09-> for new flashchips on the ESP board that's giving problems with the old ones, although I use the new firmware myself on the old board.

Can you try to put firmware v1.0.8 on the microSD ?

Also even if the M4 rom isn't present you should still be able to ping the IP of the ESP if you have a netconfig stored on the microSD.

Quote from: 00WReX on 11:28, 14 October 16
Hmmm, I think one of my M4's has just done the same thing as remax's board.

I was using it fine, then switched it to another CPC. Switched it back and no M4 ROM.
I checked my connections and tried again, same thing.
All LEDs on the board flash like normal, but no M4 ROM.

I tried my other M4 on the same computer with the same connector and all fine.

So back to the other one again, I tried to access it via the webserver (SD / config file was already setup) but no connection to the webserver.

I had already upgraded to FW v1.1.0 beta 3  so I place the v1.0.9 files on the root of the SD and booted it.
You can see the LED's stay on just like expected with a FW upgrade, but once finished the CPC just sits there at the normal BASIC prompt.

I tried no SD card... just boots like a normal CPC (same as when the SD card is in).
I tried another SD (although the original reads fine in the PC and other M4).
It creates the m4 directory with the ROM files correctly.

I'm out of idea's. Is there any way I can perform a disaster recovery and get the M4 ROM back.
I'm assuming without the M4 ROM the webserver will not work as it will not get an IP.

So it appears to me that everything on the board is working (going by the LED's) it's just that somehow the M4 ROM has gone missing.
Also due to the fact when I plugged in a new / blank sd card it created the m4 directory with the ROM files.

My setup is simply a 464 with the M4 straight into it via a short ribbon cable / edge connector setup.
I have an MX4 board but that is setup on a 6128 and I have not even tried the M4 on that yet.

:(

Cheers,
Shane

00WReX

Quote from: robcfg on 11:39, 14 October 16
That's weird.

When I was testing one of the first boards, I put it in ten or twelve different CPCs and it's still working fine.

Try cleaning the contacts on your CPC and on the board itself.

Yes, I thought it was weird too.

But it definitely appears to have a issue.
And because I have another M4 to test, that appears to have confirmed it.
I used the good M4 with the same connector on the same CPC. and I can consistently unplug the good one and put it back in and it works perfectly. The other one looks to do all the right things with the LED's but the CPC simply boots normally with no M4 ROM message.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

It almost sounds like the boards could have died from static discharge, but I would have expected the parts to be more robust than that.

Bryce.

Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 11:45, 14 October 16
The other one looks to do all the right things with the LED's but the CPC simply boots normally with no M4 ROM message.

It's to me an indicator that the ESP8266 board is not responding to the M4 commands on startup, thus it will not continue to romboard emulation.

00WReX

Hi Duke,

I just placed the FW 1.0.8 files on the root of the SD and booted.
All LED's lit for a few moments like normal with an upgrade but once they went out, nothing.
The CPC sits there at it's normal prompt. I then rebooted but the same result.
Also tried to ping the IP from my PC but no response.

Just to be sure I was correct with my ping, I plugged the good M4 back and pinged from my PC again...got responses.

Also, just to note: The FW files are gone from the SD card (like normal) after it 'Appears to perform the upgrade'...so that probably confirms it has done it.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 12:07, 14 October 16
Also, just to note: The FW files are gone from the SD card (like normal) after it 'Appears to perform the upgrade'...so that probably confirms it has done it.

Ok thanks for trying. Here's another one, if you care to try it please: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/special2.zip It will erase the entire ESP flash, incase some corrupt user config is present in the flash.

EDIT: Done.

00WReX

Quote from: Duke on 12:32, 14 October 16
Ok thanks for trying. Here's another one, if you care to try it please: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/special.zip  It will erase the entire ESP flash, incase some corrupt user config is present in the flash.

Thanks Duke,

I just tried that. The LED's stayed on for quite a while this time, but still no different once finished.
The card did not reboot.
When I manually rebooted it, it was still the same result.

Do I need to now, upgrade to a normal firmware...say 1.0.9   ??

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

00WReX

Woops, I was too eager and had already done it. then noticed your edit.  ;D

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Sorry, it should be better now, special2.zip in edit, please :)

00WReX

Quote from: Duke on 12:41, 14 October 16
Sorry, it should be better now, special2.zip in edit, please :)

Sorry Duke, same result.

And still getting 'host unreachable' with a ping.

Do I need to do a normal FW upgrade now or would that have covered it ?

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 12:48, 14 October 16
Sorry Duke, same result.

And still getting 'host unreachable' with a ping.

Cheers,
Shane

Ok too bad, seems like the ESP is dead, anyway I'll try to add some diagnostics to the upgrade process tonight/tomorrow, so we can give it one more try before sending it back.

00WReX

Quote from: Duke on 12:50, 14 October 16
Ok too bad, seems like the ESP is dead, anyway I'll try to add some diagnosis to the upgrade process tonight/tomorrow, so we can give it one my try before sending it back.

OK, no problem.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

remax

If you want, i can wait before i send you the card back...

The symptoms 00WReX describes match exactly the one i encountered.
Brain Radioactivity