News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

Quote from: remax on 13:14, 14 October 16
If you want, i can wait before i send you the card back...

The symptoms 00WReX describes match exactly the one i encountered.

Yes please do thanks. I plan to do a special build that will test some things and save a report on the microSD.

dragon

Quote from: Bryce on 11:47, 14 October 16
It almost sounds like the boards could have died from static discharge, but I would have expected the parts to be more robust than that.

Bryce.

These are the dangers of boards witouth case. It can be affect any other board in any time . Really the best solution are 3D printed cases for all boards not only m4.

In my house not, buy in my sister house many times when i touch a thing a static discharge  assault me.  scaffold guilty.

I not have cpcs in her house of course XD.

Edoz(MSX)

Quote from: Joseman on 21:36, 13 October 16
Thankyou all guys!!

yes, you all were right

the router didn't work well this morning, but the CPC stills displayed "connected" and "got ip 192.168.0.220", symbos believed to be "connect" too, but none of them were connect  ;D

Yes, i'd the ip static 192.168.0.220, hence netstat and symbos were convinced on being online...

this night i've reconfigured the router and set dhcp on m4, all started to work again!!!

Thanyou all again!

I think  SymbOS was correct when saying that it was online! If you use static ip  and you have a link than you are online. It does not say that your gateway or dns is correct. Probably you can do network stuff in the same broadcast domain. If your DNS is not able to resolve or the gateway is not allowing you to do then problems are there but in fact you are online. That's the reason that I use nslookup. Then you go outside your broadcasting domain to see if it works at well. For example if you use symbus , which is a tool you start in symbos you can connect  to your CPC by using a PC with telnet or use putty. In this case if you are in the same vlan you don't use your dns or gateway. With symbus you can telnet to your CPC and can do some kind of remote control.

HAL6128

Yes, Electro Static Discharge might be a root cause and can happens everywhere. It depends - for example - what you wear at home: walking with isolating shoes on a synthetic carpet.... you are charged. Then touch something ... and whoops! It might be not enough current flow for only one time but if you do it more often then it could harm electrical devices like boards without a case. In Industry it is a serious topic to pay attention to.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Prodatron

Quote from: Edoz(MSX) on 13:34, 14 October 16I think  SymbOS was correct when saying that it was online! If you use static ip  and you have a link than you are online. It does not say that your gateway or dns is correct. Probably you can do network stuff in the same broadcast domain. If your DNS is not able to resolve or the gateway is not allowing you to do then problems are there but in fact you are online.
Currently the Network Daemon is only checking if there is an M4Board present and the strength of the Wifi signal. If both is fine it shows "online". I didn't add any support for IP settings etc., currently the Network Daemon assumes that the M4Board has been configured and connected correctly already in Amsdos. I will add network settings in a later version.

Quote from: Edoz(MSX) on 13:34, 14 October 16For example if you use symbus , which is a tool you start in symbos you can connect  to your CPC by using a PC with telnet or use putty. In this case if you are in the same vlan you don't use your dns or gateway. With symbus you can telnet to your CPC and can do some kind of remote control.
Ops, forget to include SymBUS  (maybe somebody remembers NetBus?) into the package. This is really a funny tool written by EdoZ :) Will add it in the new package.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Duke

@00WReX @remax

Please try this one:

http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag.zip

It will take a bit longer than before.
Afterwards there should be a report.txt in the root of microSD

Please let me know the results.

Also it should bring your romboard/mass storage back alive.

Thank you.

00WReX

Quote from: Duke on 16:28, 14 October 16
@00WReX @remax

Please try this one:

http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag.zip

It will take a bit longer than before.
Afterwards there should be a report.txt in the root of microSD

Please let me know the results.

Also it should bring your romboard/mass storage back alive.

Thank you.

WoooHooo, yes. Brilliant. It's back in action.  ;D :D :D ;)

Thanks once again for the excellent support and fast too.

Here is the contents of the result.txt file from the SD card.

QuoteESP Flash SR: 0x00 0x02
ESP Flash ID: 0x00E04016
ESP Upgrade CRC match!
ESP Flash Readback CRC: 0xE969B0B2 vs 0xE969B0B2
Checking ESP command
ESP version 00010100 OK

Done!

Cheers & Thanks,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Audronic

@00WReX

Quote from: Audronic on 07:53, 10 October 16
Hi Shane
is it the same as this, ( From my OLD PMG Toolkit )
Ray
The Contact Cleaner, I remember one of our Supervisors saying " These contain SILICON so use them to clean, and then Chemically clean the contacts "
Now that came from a Long way back in whats left of my brain ???
So perhaps there is a clean contact with a "Silicon" covering on the contacts ?
I Use CRC 226 (" Instant Tech" ) on a cotton bud as the final clean.
I hope that this helps.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

00WReX

And just for fun, here is the recovered board running "Pac-Man F" The Fast emulated Midway version.
There is a before & after shot of this as the game requires 128K.

I just tried it on a 'Cost Down' CPC 464 with an unmodified dk'tronics 64K expansion and the M4 in the back of that.

Works like a charm...

Cheers,
Shane
[attach=2][attach=3]
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

@00WReX 
Cool, glad it worked, I didn't expect it to - seems a chip erase command did the job.
Hope it works for @remax too.

00WReX

Quote from: Duke on 01:53, 15 October 16
@00WReX 
Cool, glad it worked, I didn't expect it to - seems a chip erase command did the job.

Thanks again Duke. That just surprised me when you said you was not expecting it to work.
Only because you mentioned that it should bring it alive...I was confident at that point  :D

I have done more testing with the recovered board and all functions are good.
ROMs functioning including lower ROM replacement, webserver fine, file & ROM uploads good...etc

Just as an extra bit of info / confirmation about the board that failed.
It may be relevant for any investigation you may be doing in the background.

At the time the board failed, I was not performing any SD writes or firmware updates or webserver uploads etc. I was simply moving the M4 between CPC's.

And yes, hopefully remax's board responds the same as mine.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 04:11, 15 October 16
Thanks again Duke. That just surprised me when you said you was not expecting it to work.
Only because you mentioned that it should bring it alive...I was confident at that point  :D

I meant the M4 part would work with that version (romboard/sd) not the WiFi part, but I could see in your report that the ESP responded fine after the big chip erase and reprogramming.

remax

Quote from: Duke on 01:53, 15 October 16

And the report :

ESP Flash SR: 0x00 0x02

ESP Flash ID: 0x00E04016

ESP Upgrade CRC match!

ESP Flash Readback CRC: 0xE969B0B2 vs 0xE969B0B2

Checking ESP command

ESP version 00010100 OK

Done!

Now i will be able to test the new SymbOS :)
Brain Radioactivity

00WReX

Hi Duke,

I have a observation to report.

If I load the function keys I have noticed that when performing a cat or |DIR on a large listing, if you press ESC
even just once to pause the listing the Function keys are wiped, back to just their numeric function.

e.g.

key 0,"cat"+chr$(13)

if you do this on a large directory listing and press 'ESC' either once or twice the function key you just set will be lost.

I have loaded up all F keys 0 to 9 and it wipes the lot.

Pausing a BASIC listing using 'ESC' does not wipe the F Keys.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 23:07, 15 October 16
if you do this on a large directory listing and press 'ESC' either once or twice the function key you just set will be lost.
Probably because I call &BB03, KM_RESET, will see if I can do without in next build :)

Duke

M4 Firmware v1.1.0 beta #4 - Download it here http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v110b4.zip

Changes:

• Added C_GETNETWORK command.
  • Added status byte after response string to C_NETSTAT
  • Fix |cd,"/" to go to root if inside a DSK image.
  • Fix SD hotswapping.
  • Remove KM_RESET from cat/dir when pressing ESC, to continue listing one must use space now.
  • Display current path when using cat/dir.
  • Increased AMSDOS readspeed (using bigger buffer).
  • Faster network speed when using netapi.
  • |Netstat command now displays all IP info, if connected to AP.
See more details in http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt  (also with documentation of SOS new RSX commands, thanks!)

Sorry for all these beta's ;)
The purpose is to catch any (new) bugs before going to final release. So if you want to play it safe, stick with the non beta releases.

dxs

Hi Duke!

Thank you for your wonderful support!
Do you know what happened to the users experimenting trouble lately, and if so has this condition been adressed in the last beta ?

A happy M4 user 😀

Duke

Quote from: dxs on 17:51, 16 October 16
Do you know what happened to the users experimenting trouble lately, and if so has this condition been adressed in the last beta ?
Not exactly. The SDK libraries of ExpressIF (ESP8266) does store some settings in the spi flash and it seems those got corrupted somehow and needed a chip erase. Maybe a crash at the wrong time or ESD, don't know.

00WReX

Hi Duke,

I'm giving the new beta 4 a go.

All seems good except for the ESC to pause seems a bit hit & miss for me.

• Remove KM_RESET from cat/dir when pressing ESC, to continue listing one must use space now.
I seem to get one of three scenarios...

Press ESC once it will pause, or completely break, or do nothing...

Only just had a quick look, but wondering if anyone else can confirm.

This is on a big directory I'm testing, the NVG /Games/Arcade directory to be precise.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

00WReX

Quote from: 00WReX on 21:29, 10 October 16
Hi Duke,

Are you able to add an RSX to list installed ROMs.
Something like the |help in utopia.

Maybe   |ROMS

I know the ROMs can be seen from the Web Browser, but straight from the CPC is very handy too.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Shane

Quote from: CraigsBar on 08:36, 11 October 16
FW 3.1x has this built in, and it works with the m4 beautifully.

Quote from: TotO on 08:42, 11 October 16
Exactly... Using |HELP too.

Another thing I have noticed and hoping someone can confirm.

I have set up the M4 on a 6128 with the Custom Firmware 3.16 and it's expansion ROM.

I have noticed that |help,6 to list the M4 RSX's (this 6128 won't allow M4 to be in slot 7) it does not show all the RSX's.
It stops at |version.

Obviously the |help of the CFW overrides the Maxam |help....but when I use Maxam without the CFW, it does display all the M4 ROM RSX's.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

dragon

Quote from: Duke on 15:00, 16 October 16
M4 Firmware v1.1.0 beta #4 - Download it here http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v110b4.zip

Changes:

• Added C_GETNETWORK command.
  • Added status byte after response string to C_NETSTAT
  • Fix |cd,"/" to go to root if inside a DSK image.
  • Fix SD hotswapping.
  • Display current path when using cat/dir.
  • Increased AMSDOS readspeed (using bigger buffer).
  • Faster network speed when using netapi.
  • |Netstat command now displays all IP info, if connected to AP.
See more details in http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt  (also with documentation of SOS new RSX commands, thanks!)

Sorry for all these beta's ;)
The purpose is to catch any (new) bugs before going to final release. So if you want to play it safe, stick with the non beta releases.

Ahhh, waiting is hard  :D .

Just five seconds after i write it. My father throw me  a packet. When i see It fly i almost had a heart atack.

Fortunly. I recieve It o.k. i know the wifi is trasmitted by Air, but i not need recieve the board flying XD.

Murphys law.

Prodatron

Quote from: dragon on 13:07, 17 October 16i know the wifi is trasmitted by Air, but i not need recieve the board flying XD.
:laugh: :laugh:

remax

Quote from: 00WReX on 07:21, 17 October 16
Press ESC once it will pause, or completely break, or do nothing...

nearly the same
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

I have problems to connect m4 to my router.

first my cpc cost down not work(thats normal i not used the expansion port in decades, so i need dismount it and clean the connector XD). it boot as m4 board not exist.

So o try it in the plus.

Mi first problem was as my pasword was generated by a program years ago and i have a " in my password . :doh: (I  using all lenght of the password possible string.) So i can't use |netset to put he parameters.

Y try put it in the config.txt using the pc. But anyway i not have luck.

|netstat shows ap not found. And my router log not show the cpc try authenticate.

I made copy & paste from router. So i don't know the problem. but my ssid is the maximum possible leght to. (numbers and letters mixed generated by a program).

I only view the wifi light of the anntene on when plus is booting.

Changed the password mean change the pasword to all mobille,tablet, sony consoles,pc portatil.  ???

Ah, and curiosity my cartridges (512k) simply not boot with the card connected cpc only shows vertical bars.

Prodatron

Did you try
|netset,"... Pw=123"+chr%(34)+"abc...."
?
Instead of % thr dollar sign (currently with my mobile)