News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: Prodatron on 18:07, 17 October 16
Did you try
|netset,"... Pw=123"+chr%(34)+"abc...."
?
Instead of % thr dollar sign (currently with my mobile)

No, but i go to try it. The board works,i try the crapy ssid "pruebas", and pw="12345678" And cpc connected and show me ip and signal 0xd6.

Now i need make my normal ssid and password work :) .

Edit, i can connect with my original password 63 characters and ssid=pruebas, so i think the problem is maybe in  the lenght of ssid?. 32 characters mixed numbers and low letters.

Prodatron

When having a look at the data structure it seems that the SSID is limited to 31 chars (+ ZERO terminator = 32 chars in total maximum). Maybe that's the problem?

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

dragon

Yes removing the last digit from ssid m4 login.

I think it depend of the router firmware, some use 31 max and it filled the 32 with 0. And others as the i have uses 32 max without fill the last digit.

Anyway all others devices of my network not have problems to connect with my ssid. So maybe the devices firmware came prepared to the two posibility.

dirtybb

Quote from: Duke on 16:28, 14 October 16
@00WReX @remax

Please try this one:

http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag.zip

It will take a bit longer than before.
Afterwards there should be a report.txt in the root of microSD

Please let me know the results.

Also it should bring your romboard/mass storage back alive.

Thank you.

Just to let you know that i had exaclty the same problem as @00WReX & @remax

Apllying this fixed it :)

Thanks @Duke  for the great support :)

Duke

Quote from: dirtybb on 18:20, 18 October 16

Just to let you know that i had exaclty the same problem as @00WReX & @remax

Apllying this fixed it :)

Thanks @Duke  for the great support :)

Can you remember what happened before it stopped working? Which firmware were you using before ?

dirtybb

v1.0.9 final i think, but not sure.

Please find attached the report.txt if it could help.

Duke

Quote from: dirtybb on 19:52, 18 October 16
v1.0.9 final i think, but not sure.

Please find attached the report.txt if it could help.
Ok thanks, noted.

Audronic

Hi All

Could somebody post the Rom list that you use on your Machine and the ? Slot ? Position using the M4 and X-Mem  Please.

Thanks    Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

00WReX

Quote from: Audronic on 01:14, 19 October 16
Hi All
Could somebody post the Rom list that you use on your Machine and the ? Slot ? Position using the M4 and X-Mem  Please.
Thanks    Ray

Hi Ray,

The M4 default ROM position is slot 6 (Both the 6128's I have tested the M4 on did not allow overriding ROM 7).

With the X-Mem, there is a switch 'Jumper' to disable its ROM component making it just a RAM board, which would be the way to use the X-Mem if also using the M4.

If doing Lower ROM replacement with the M4, then ROM slot 31 has been reserved for the OS part of the ROM (16k).  ROM 0 would have the BASIC part of the ROM (16k).

Cheers,
Shane

Edit: I said 'switch', but I meant 'jumper' for the ROM disable on the X-Mem.

http://www.centpourcent.net/uploads/2/2/9/8/22986686/xmem_get-started.pdf
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Audronic

@00WReX

Ok Thanks.
I have not tried my M4 yet just trying to get my head around it.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

dragon

well appers delete las character of ssid  dont affect to my mobile he connet same wtf.

Duke, can you help me?. My (512k) cartridges not appear to work with m4. I not sure if is my fault. Or simply a time problem with c4cpc.

C4cpc take little time load the cartridge.

I observed boot with m4 cpc only show vertical bars.

But when booting without sd card inserted in m4  it boot.

Duke

Quote from: dragon on 14:15, 19 October 16
well appers delete las character of ssid  dont affect to my mobile he connet same wtf.

Duke, can you help me?. My (512k) cartridges not appear to work with m4. I not sure if is my fault. Or simply a time problem with c4cpc.

How are these roms mapped in C4CPC, I mean what physical ROM positions do they occupy?
And what is your setting of M4 board (romboard start position, M4 rom position, Lowerrom position) ?
- M4 will issue ROMDIS, which C4CPC obeys (afair. gerald said that), so it may be disabling some of your roms if there is overlaps.

dragon

Quote from: Duke on 16:18, 19 October 16
How are these roms mapped in C4CPC, I mean what physical ROM positions do they occupy?
And what is your setting of M4 board (romboard start position, M4 rom position, Lowerrom position) ?
- M4 will issue ROMDIS, which C4CPC obeys (afair. gerald said that), so it may be disabling some of your roms if there is overlaps.

Cartridge roms are from &80-&9F(31 roms).

My settings are default you send me. m4 rom is set to rom 6 as default, i try in rom 7 and effect is the same. I not have put lower rom substitute with m4.

My cartridges not works as you put normal rom in the cpc. I simply rehuse the |game alternatives and made it jump to the requerired rom/direction.

So the os not know the roms are there until they  was called manually.

Amsdos have little modification of remap burning rubber jumps, but nothing more. The only conflict i can think is you scanned the roms in area &80-&9f and crash in someway. The roms are adapted and not are suitable to be detected in normal way.

In the other version with parados is the same.

In theory when you disable amdos rom or parados, It can't be called because depend of burning rubber command, but thats all.

I mean i simply exchange |spiel for |hxc and then jump to &88 rom  for example.

Duke

Quote from: dragon on 16:38, 19 October 16
Cartridge roms are from &80-&9F(31 roms).

My settings are default you send me. m4 rom is set to rom 6 as default, i try in rom 7 and effect is the same. I not have put lower rom substitute with m4.

My cartridges not works as you put normal rom in the cpc. I simply rehuse the |game alternatives and made it jump to the requerired rom/direction.

So the os not know the roms are there until they  was called manually.

Amsdos have little modification of remap burning rubber jumps, but nothing more. The only conflict i can think is you scanned the roms in area &80-&9f and crash in someway. The roms are adapted and not are suitable to be detected in normal way.

In the other version with parados is the same.

In theory when you disable amdos rom or parados, It can't be called because depend of burning rubber command, but thats all.

I mean i simply exchange |spiel for |hxc and then jump to &88 rom  for example.
Hmm, M4 doesn't drive any signals IF it hasnt a rom mapped at a given position (it can map any position 0-255).
Without SD card it works? (M4 is rom 6 and no other roms is loaded and wifi is disabled) and with SD card it fails, so do you have any other roms mapped in M4 romboard?
If you don't have any other roms mapped and M4 is set to rom 6 (saved to sd card config) there shouldn't be a difference, except power consumption would be higher (especially if wifi is enabled too).
In the web interface you could try to disable M4 rom (with sd card inserted) and see if it changes anything and even delete the netconfig (thereby disabling wifi and the extended power consumption).

dragon

I made now an experimet duke.

I put in c4cpc the compilation game cartridge of 512k

Then i boot it with m4 attached.

The result is equal to my cartridge, With m4 with sd card it show the vertical bars, and without the sd card the cartridge works perfect.!

There is no other roms attached, only the plus with m4 and c4cpc

I have a power supply with 5A in 5v line son not problem to this.

I go to test another cartridge sizes.

desactivate rom in web browser not make diference.

Duke

Ok, I don't have a C4CPC so can't test, but I seem to remember someone in this thread had it working just fine with C4CPC after I issued the ROMDIS signal, unfortunately it's too much to scroll through, but maybe someone else can jump in with their experinces here.

@dragon, try reading these two posts:

I am not sure, but I think it only works with external power to M4 or MX4.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/amstrad-cpc-wifi/300/
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/amstrad-cpc-wifi/msg128444/#msg128444

Quote from: dragon on 17:44, 19 October 16
I made now an experimet duke.

I put in c4cpc the compilation game cartridge of 512k

Then i boot it with m4 attached.

The result is equal to my cartridge, With m4 with sd card it show the vertical bars, and without the sd card the cartridge works perfect.!

There is no other roms attached, only the plus with m4 and c4cpc

I have a power supply with 5A in 5v line son not problem to this.

I go to test another cartridge sizes.

desactivate rom in web browser not make diference.

dragon

Quote from: Duke on 17:50, 19 October 16
Ok, I don't have a C4CPC so can't test, but I seem to remember someone in this thread had it working just fine with C4CPC after I issued the ROMDIS signal, unfortunately it's too much to scroll through, but maybe someone else can jump in with their experinces here.

O.k  done these experiments with my c4cpc and m4

Burnin rubber and so original rooms ->boots perfect. 128k

Kun fu master cpr made with the old no$scart 256k=Vertical lines red/orange bars. works without sd

game compilation and my cartridge. 512k=vertical lines blue.Works without sd.

I  put later two pictures of the bars.

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 14:15, 19 October 16

When a CPR is greater than 180kB, it's loading is done in two step.
The 1st step is loading the ROM with the boot loader, which is what you see when you start without SD.
Then the bootloader ask the C4CPC to load the cartridge.
The only pupose of this is to have a visual feedback when loading big cartridge.

Now if you have a lower ROM enabled, the bootloader will be prevented from executing, and therefore the CPR will not be loaded.

HAL6128

@Duke : just a short and general question. A 5V power supply attached on the M4 doesn't feed a MX4 board, doesn't it?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

dragon

Quote from: gerald on 19:08, 19 October 16
When a CPR is greater than 180kB, it's loading is done in two step.
The 1st step is loading the ROM with the boot loader, which is what you see when you start without SD.
Then the bootloader ask the C4CPC to load the cartridge.
The only pupose of this is to have a visual feedback when loading big cartridge.

Now if you have a lower ROM enabled, the bootloader will be prevented from executing, and therefore the CPR will not be loaded.

Well if m4 need enable lower rom at boot to work then there is no solution, i can always boot without sd card and put It with cpc on.  :picard2:

Anyway i can try the external power

Duke

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 20:40, 19 October 16
@Duke : just a short and general question. A 5V power supply attached on the M4 doesn't feed a MX4 board, doesn't it?

Yeah it doesn't reverse the power to MX4 from M4 (when jumper is set a USB).

@dragon: Try deleting your romconfig.bin and romslots.bin files from M4 directory, maybe you have something in those by accident. Normally M4 wont enable lower rom replacement unless its enabled in web interface.

dragon

I think i have try delete It today, But i try tomorrow.

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 23:01, 19 October 16
I think i have try delete It today, But i try tomorrow.
These veritical bars are a side effect of the method used to make the CPC wait for the C4CPC to initialise.
Basically, the Z80 will only read RST0 from the cartridge port until the cartridge is loaded. This continuously push 0x0001 to RAM. The bar you see are all these 0x0001.
If you see these bar :
- that mean that the Z80 tried to run from the cartridge
- it did it for quite some cycle (long enough to fill the 64k of RAM with 0x0001)
- the C4CPC is never ready / has never loaded a file (bootloader or CPR)
- OR the z80 is now executing some code which is not located in cartridge slot.

Duke

Thinking about it, maybe it's clash at startup, it will take a bit longer when microSD card is inserted to M4, as it will be loading some files and check for upgrades, once done it will pull-low RESET & BUS_RESET for 50 ms and start rom emulation.
I guess C4CPC is already in process of loading that larger cart at this point, and it can't detect the reset? - So I guess to overcome this problem, either M4 should somehow reset C4CPC or keep the z80 in reset state from power-on until its done with the file checking stuff or detect C4CPC is in the works and not pull reset if the case.

Quote from: gerald on 06:13, 20 October 16
These veritical bars are a side effect of the method used to make the CPC wait for the C4CPC to initialise.
Basically, the Z80 will only read RST0 from the cartridge port until the cartridge is loaded. This continuously push 0x0001 to RAM. The bar you see are all these 0x0001.
If you see these bar :
- that mean that the Z80 tried to run from the cartridge
- it did it for quite some cycle (long enough to fill the 64k of RAM with 0x0001)
- the C4CPC is never ready / has never loaded a file (bootloader or CPR)
- OR the z80 is now executing some code which is not located in cartridge slot.

dragon

Anyway, first i try today the power part to discard It. If i remember o.k. when the
Vertical lines  are show. Web server can't benn accesed or is accesed  slow. From my pc.

But if with 5A c4cpc+computer+m4 can't work lol.