News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

Quote from: remax on 18:32, 14 December 16

Well it works well, but i might be the reason why i didn't see the added command (|LS) with the update.
So i would be interessed in a new version :)
Yes all new commands would be missing since v1.0.1 (or whenever I made it) + some may have different offsets.
Tbh. the lower rom replacemant makes a lot more sense, I could make a version that would use say slot 39 or something instead of rom 6. In that case if you wish to use both romboards you could put the lower rom to XMEM and remap M4 board to be after it.
If you don't need 64 roms, I suggest disable XMEM romboard for now and use above config for best compatiblity.

remax

Quote from: Duke on 18:37, 14 December 16
Tbh. the lower rom replacemant makes a lot more sense, I could make a version that would use say slot 39 or something instead of rom 6. In that case if you wish to use both romboards you could put the lower rom to XMEM and remap M4 board to be after it.

I would lose FW3.15 no ?

I tried to do without it (using autoexec.bas to set the mode and color and to remap the ù to |, but i miss functions like |HELP, the utopia equivalent being not as powerful).
Brain Radioactivity

Duke

Quote from: remax on 18:42, 14 December 16

I would lose FW3.15 no ?

I tried to do without it (using autoexec.bas to set the mode and color and to remap the ù to |, but i miss functions like |HELP, the utopia equivalent being not as powerful).
You would lose FW3.15 yes, cant have both lower roms at the same time :/

SOS

Latest Firmware:
> |mkdir,"a b c"
> Ready
> |era,"a b c"
> A B C not found
> Ready
> |cd,"a b c"
> Ready

Please, could you fix that?
(Thanks)

Duke

Quote from: SOS on 07:47, 15 December 16
Latest Firmware:
> |mkdir,"a b c"
> Ready
> |era,"a b c"
> A B C not found
> Ready
> |cd,"a b c"
> Ready

Please, could you fix that?
(Thanks)

Thanks for the bug report.
I will fix it, but probably not until after christmas (got a week of vacation coming up!).

jomicamp

Quote from: Duke on 18:25, 14 December 16
Ok in that case I would disable rom board function of X-MEM (put the jumper on NO).
And set up M4 as the picture shown here:
http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:M4config6128.jpg
-->
http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/M4_Board  under Varius files

Meaning set M4 to rom6. Enable lowerrom replacement and upload the modified spanish lowerrom from above link.  Put original AMSDOS rom in slot 6.

That config works fine for me.

Hi duke,

How is "enable lowerrom replacement and upload the modified spanish lowerrom from the above link" specifically made? I know I can find the lowerrom file in the cpcwiki page for the M4. I also know that I should set the M4 to slot 6 (in which I should upload the original AMSDOS for the case of exit). But in which ROM slot I should load the lowerrom replacement? or where should I place it to make it work?

Another question is: In which connector of the MX4 should I plug the M4 and the X-MEM for better compatibility? or there is no difference on that?

Thank you for your time and help!

Bryce

Quote from: jomicamp on 12:49, 15 December 16
Another question is: In which connector of the MX4 should I plug the M4 and the X-MEM for better compatibility? or there is no difference on that?

The MX4 slots are all in parallel, the position of cards is irrelevant.

Bryce.

Duke

Quote from: jomicamp on 12:49, 15 December 16
How is "enable lowerrom replacement and upload the modified spanish lowerrom from the above link" specifically made? I know I can find the lowerrom file in the cpcwiki page for the M4. I also know that I should set the M4 to slot 6 (in which I should upload the original AMSDOS for the case of exit). But in which ROM slot I should load the lowerrom replacement? or where should I place it to make it work?
In the example picture it is uploaded to slot 0, Enable lowerrom ticked and lowerrom slot set to 0. But you can use any slot you want.
Ie. if you pick slot 30, upload the modified lowerrom to that slot, and pick lowerrom slot 30.

jomicamp

Quote from: Duke on 13:40, 15 December 16
In the example picture it is uploaded to slot 0, Enable lowerrom ticked and lowerrom slot set to 0. But you can use any slot you want.
Ie. if you pick slot 30, upload the modified lowerrom to that slot, and pick lowerrom slot 30.

Ok, now I understood, I apologize. I did not check the image properly... sorry for that!

Joseman

Hi again @Duke

Here again the annoying guy with bugs report  :P

a extrange bug again...

this time with the conversational adventure "Don quijote", source: cpc-power -> CNGsoft version (i tried the abraxas version too)

just in the first screen

if you type "ver" the game should say "como dices?" (what you said?)

but, with the m4, instead, it says "no" and change the color of the letters!!

in another place if you say "dormir" (sleep) the game should say "el tiempo pasa" (time goes by)

again with m4 it says "el b bruto....." (makes no sense)

really strange no?

DerSchatten

how can i upgrade the ESP-Firmware ?

SOS

Quote from: DerSchatten on 22:35, 17 December 16
how can i upgrade the ESP-Firmware ?
copy both files "ESPFIRM.BIN" and the correspondent  "M4FIRM.BIN" to the SD-Card-Root.
You can do that via your PC or with the Web-Frontend you can copy the files to the CPC.

After that make a M4-Reset (Web-Frontend or Reset-Button on the M4). Wait a short time, the booting takes a Little bit longer.

dragon

Quote from: Duke on 16:22, 14 December 16
The problem is there is a voltage drop on the MotherX4 board, dropping the voltage in some cases below what the AMS1117-3.3V regulator on the M4 needs to operate correctly.
That being said it may operate a bit out of spec, some have reported no issues powering it directly from the MX4 board, for me it works with MX4 when using external PSU connected to MX4. I can't remember my voltage readings, but it was a little higher with the external PSU.
In the next batch of M4's (whenever I receive the pcbs...) will probably be fitted with an AP2114-3.3V regulator instead, that should solve the issue.
If it works as expected, one could replace the AMS1117 and two caps. Or better solution use my adapter board (if one has that) and plug MX4 after M4.

@jomicamp what CPC model you plan to use for it, then I can better advise on the configuration.

I put all in the plus. x-mem,x-mass,m4. With my hyper 5A power supply. And it appear work, at least |time shows the time :) anyway  i need try all stuff,upgrade, symbos etc. etc.

SOS

Hi Duke, please, could fix the error from the pic?
I'm using the latest Firmware.

(The Firmware "ESPFIRM.BIN" 06.11.16 13:27 & "M4FIRM.BIN" 05.12.16 21:19 is without that error.)

Big thanks!!

Duke

@Joseman
I'll try to check that game when I get a bit more time, sounds really odd.
@SOS
Noted. Will fix soon.

SOS

Duke, btw. what happens when you type in |GETPATH - "unknown command" or the path?

rpalmer

SOS,

I dont have a CPC wifi, but i cannot understand where the confusion lies.
The |CD command on a file should not work and is a little bit surprised that it should have thrown up an error.
It is possible that the |CD command may have matched against one of the directories and hence the |CAT showed its contents.

rpalmer

SOS

Quote from: rpalmer on 03:04, 28 December 16
but i cannot understand where the confusion lies.
The |CD command on a file should not work and is a little bit surprised that it should have thrown up an error.
It is possible that the |CD command may have matched against one of the directories and hence the |CAT showed its contents.
The behavior of the code is changed.
With an older beta it works, that you can |CD to a Directory and the path is printed above the Content, you make |CD to an other Directory, and the other part is printed too (OK).
Now you make a |CD against a DSK-File and after that a "cat", so you can see the Directory of the DSK-File (and can start a BAS,BIN,... file from the DSK) (Great function!!!, OK in both beta's).
The Problem is, that the M4-CPU from the WIFI thinks, that is the original path, where the DSK-FIle is put. In the 06.11.16-Beta, the M4-CPU says that the actual path is the DSK-File.
So with the last beta the path is equal: "Directory with the DSK-File" = "Directory of the DSK-File", which is wrong and big problems begin, when you write Software for the M4-DOS....

jomicamp

Hi Duke,

I configure the ROM slots as you said and I updated the firmware and installed the patched lower ROM.

I have a couple more of doubts now:

1. By default the A drive is the SD card at the M4. How may access the internal drive then (for instance if I want to save a file or a BASIC program to the floppy)? I tried to do change to drive B but it is not working.

2. I wrote a BASIC program and given that I was not able to save it to the floppy, I tried to save it in a DSK file within the M4 as SAVE"filename.bas". I got the message ready but when you do cat the file is not in the DSK, Is it possible to save files like this to the M4?

Thanks a lot and sorry if these doubts are too simple..

Regards

Duke

Quote from: jomicamp on 21:54, 29 December 16
1. By default the A drive is the SD card at the M4. How may access the internal drive then (for instance if I want to save a file or a BASIC program to the floppy)? I tried to do change to drive B but it is not working.
Type |m4romoff and disc drive is enabled and sd card disabled. If you want to copy stuff between floppy and microSD, use the excellent symbOS, symCommander.
Quote from: jomicamp
2. I wrote a BASIC program and given that I was not able to save it to the floppy, I tried to save it in a DSK file within the M4 as SAVE"filename.bas". I got the message ready but when you do cat the file is not in the DSK, Is it possible to save files like this to the M4?
You can save directly to sd card, I haven't implemented file write support inside DSK images yet, just save directly to sd card.

jomicamp

Quote from: Duke on 23:13, 29 December 16
Type |m4romoff and disc drive is enabled and sd card disabled. If you want to copy stuff between floppy and microSD, use the excellent symbOS, symCommander.You can save directly to sd card, I haven't implemented file write support inside DSK images yet, just save directly to sd card.

Thanks for the Info.  ;D

I am waiting for a cable from TotO to connect the M4 to the MX4 with the X-MEM. Then I will install SymbOS and try what you say...

So I can save the files in the SD card always that I am out of a DSK file, right?

Regards

Duke

Quote from: jomicamp on 23:31, 29 December 16
So I can save the files in the SD card always that I am out of a DSK file, right?
Yes.

Audronic

@Duke

Is it possible to allow access to Drive B (a Floppy drive) without having to Exit the rom ?

Thanks    Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Duke

Quote from: Audronic on 09:38, 30 December 16
Is it possible to allow access to Drive B (a Floppy drive) without having to Exit the rom ?
It's possible, but not convenient.
M4 rom was designed to completely replace amsdos, so it would have best possible compatiblity with existing software and usable even on CPC without FDC (464).
However I have thought of an easy method I could allow for sdcard/floppy disc access at the same time if the user chooses to run two DOS (both M4 and AMSDOS). So may add that sometime around.
Anyway in current versions, you can do this. Change M4 rom position to be after AMSDOS, ie. slot 8.
All basic commands now go to disc drives A & B.
If you want to copy files to SD card, use |FCP command. To dir SD card, use |LS, and you can also use |CD etc...
I would recommend using SymbOS M4 version instead, much easier and better!

HAL6128

Hi Duke,
just a question: would it possible to add some kind of path variable / environment (somedays)? Like in MS-DOS (path=...)?
HAL6128
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX