News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

wilco2009

I agree with the joseman opinion. M4 is wonderful. When more I use it, more I like it. :)

By other hand, I have a question. If you try to copy a file form a dsk to a standard folder or viceversa the system gives an error.
It could be very useful to extract files from a dsk.

Do you plan to implement it?

Another suggestion. Will be possible to use wilcards with the |copyf command?

Duke

@Joseman
Please upload it, sounds like it is stuck on some flag not toggling as it should.

@wilco2009
Yes, I should probably support it, no reason not to do it apart from laziness :)
But soon @SOS releases YANCC with M4 support and that will be possible.
Plus the normal filecopy stuff should be much neater.

.DSK image write ability (apart from sector writing) is on the list too.

There's no wildcard support on |copyf command yet, but may add it.

And thanks both for the props :)

Joseman

Hi again

Here is the game:

http://www.filedropper.com/gunship

*remember to delete the |disc on the .bas loader!

Duke

Quote from: Joseman on 01:45, 09 February 17
Hi again

Here is the game:

http://www.filedropper.com/gunship

*remember to delete the |disc on the .bas loader!

Thanks. A quick look and yes, I need to fix a flag for cas out open it seems. Will do it in next firmware.

Quick fix attached  (just removed the flag check at &665 and &673) replace start.bin

SOS

Announcement - I uploaded:
- Yet Another Norton-Commander Clone (YANCC) for ACMEDOS + M4DOS  http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/applications/yet-another-norton-commander-clone/
- Filelauncher (ACMEDOS+M4DOS) http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/applications/filelauncher-(acmedosm4dos)/msg141282/#msg141282
Questions, Diskussions, Errors, Suggestions -> Please go to the separate threads

zhulien

@SOS awesome!  any chance that YANCC could also support the cartridge port SDCARD as well as HxC one at the same time as the others?

SOS

Quote from: zhulien on 13:16, 12 February 17
@SOS awesome!  any chance that YANCC could also support the cartridge port SDCARD as well as HxC one at the same time as the others?
My answer, see the YANCC-thread.

wilco2009

@Duke. Could be possible to add a command to list the RSX commands presents in a ROM?
It could be very userful. Now I have installed ROM Manager in a slot only to know this.

Tolkin

Hy, still having much fun with the M4, thanks so much for it, it is the best thing after the SF2.
Now i thought that it is time to bring my old Disks to a PC-Archive :)
But i run into a problem:

About the |FCP-Command.

The Command |FCP,"a:*","c:" is working great.
But when i try this with the B: Drive (|FCP,"b:*","c:") it always uses the A:-Drive for the Directory Listing and then tries to find the Files which shown from A: on B: and giving the "error occured" when not finding files from A: on the B:-Drive.
I am usign Verados (Parados Hack for VDOS-Format on B:) with an 720KB Drive on B:
When i copy single Files from B: (eg. |FCP,"b:mario.bin","c:") it is working great :)
Only Masscopy brings this error mentioned above.

Maybe it is not working with Parados? Or i missed that it only works with A:...

Thank you so much!
Tolkin

Duke

@wilco2009 sure I'll probably add it soon.

@Tolkin I probably made a bug with drive B if it displays catalog of A drive when using * copy. Never tested with Drive B, as haven't got one setup. Will fix in next update.

HAL6128

Quote from: Duke on 23:30, 06 February 17
Yes it should be possible. Sector read/writing is supported to the DSK image, but yes it would a |DISC to change to real disc, so probably software to do it is lacking :)
I was able to make a DSK image dump from SD card to a real floppy, but not vice versa. The sectors keeps empty. Direct writing a sector of a DSK image is not supported, isn't it?

Just asking because you mentioned it above, but your instructions tells "C_WRITESECTOR      0x430C      Not implemented yet"?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Duke

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 22:16, 12 February 17
I was able to make a DSK image dump from SD card to a real floppy, but not vice versa. The sectors keeps empty. Direct writing a sector of a DSK image is not supported, isn't it?

Just asking because you mentioned it above, but your instructions tells "C_WRITESECTOR      0x430C      Not implemented yet"?

It is actually implemented (need to update the manual). How are you testing it?

HAL6128

I have written a small assembler (RSX) code (in ORGAMS) for basic. Just a sector read/write RSX see below and a small BASIC program:
The BASIC lines for copying SD>Floppy are simple, for writing I just changed |SD with |DISC

10 IF PEEK(&9000)=33 THEN 60
20 MEMORY &8FFF
30 LOAD"sector.bin
40 CALL &9000
50 END
55 :
60 CLS
70 |SD
80 FOR i=0 TO 39
90    FOR j=&C1 TO &C9
100       LOCATE 1,1:PRINT "Track:";USING"###";i;:PRINT " Sector:";HEX$(j)
110       |SECREAD,i,j
120       |DISC
130       |SECWRITE,i,j
140       |SD
150    NEXT j
160 NEXT i

ORG &9000
;constants
kl_log_ext = &BCD1
;initialize RSX
          LD   HL,rsx_buffer
          LD   BC,jump_table
          CALL kl_log_ext
          RET
jump_table
      WORD name_table
          JP   secread
          JP   secwrite
name_table
      BYTE "SECREA","D"+&80
      BYTE "SECWRIT","E"+&80
      BYTE 0
;end of initialize RSX
;sector read RSX
secread
          LD   HL,rsx_error_msg-1
          CP   2        ;received two parameters (Track, Sector)
          JP   NZ,error_msg
          LD   IY,sector_track
          LD   A,(IX+&00) ;low-byte = sector
          LD   (IY+&00),A
          LD   A,(IX+&02) ;low-byte = track
          LD   (IY+&01),A
          LD   HL,read
          CALL action
          RET           ;return to BASIC
;sector write RSX
secwrite
          LD   HL,rsx_error_msg-1
          CP   2        ;received two parameters (Track, Sector)
          JP   NZ,error_msg
          LD   IY,sector_track
          LD   A,(IX+&00) ;low-byte = sector
          LD   (IY+&00),A
          LD   A,(IX+&02) ;low-byte = track
          LD   (IY+&01),A
          LD   HL,write
          CALL action
          RET           ;return to BASIC
;manipulating a sector (hl to be defined read/write)
action
          CALL &BCD4
          RET  NC
          LD   (faradr),HL
          LD   A,C
          LD   (faradr+2),A
          LD   E,0      ;drive A=0/B=1 (fixed 0)
          LD   IY,sector_track
          LD   A,(IY+&00)
          LD   C,A      ;sector number (&cx=data/&4x=system)
          LD   A,(IY+&01)
          LD   D,A      ;track 0-39
          LD   HL,&8D00
          RST  &18
      WORD faradr
          RET
read
      BYTE &84
write
      BYTE &85
faradr
      FILL 3,0
;end of sector read/write routines
;error messages
error_msg
          INC  HL
          LD   A,(HL)
          CALL &BB5A
          CP   0
          JR   NZ,error_msg
          RET
rsx_error_msg
      BYTE "parameter error.",0
sector_track
      FILL 2,0
rsx_buffer
      FILL 4,0

Duke

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 22:45, 12 February 17
I have written a small assembler (RSX) code (in ORGAMS) for basic. Just a sector read/write RSX see below and a small BASIC program:
The BASIC lines for copying SD>Floppy are simple, for writing I just changed |SD with |DISC

Thanks, that should work. I will check what is wrong.

Tolkin

Thanks for the |FCP implementation :) and the Bugfixing!
You do such a great job!
Thank you!

Duke

A quick update to address some of the latest issues, M4 Firmware V2.0.2 beta 1
Download: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v202b1.zip
(Only M4FIRM.BIN is updated, ESPFIRM.BIN is still v2.0.1)
- Fix carry flag of CAS OUT CHAR @Joseman
- Added tiny |M4HELP @wilco2009
- Fix |FCP  when using wildcard on Drive B - I hope :) @Tolkin
- FIX C_WRITESECTOR for DSK images @HAL 6128 (handy dsk read/writer you made there.)

And I have not forgotten the other issues reported, just what I had time for now.

HAL6128

Quote from: Duke on 02:30, 13 February 17
- FIX C_WRITESECTOR for DSK images @HAL 6128 (handy dsk read/writer you made there.)
Thanks. It has to be expanded a little bit for full use, but how about implementing that feature in your ROM? :D ;D

Duke

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 10:59, 13 February 17
Thanks. It has to be expanded a little bit for full use, but how about implementing that feature in your ROM? :D ;D

Yeah, you could have a few options for full automation, like:
Data or System DSK ?
DSK name ?
Then use |copyf,"empty_data.dsk || empty_sys.dsk", $newname.  |cd,$newname . Start reading the disc/writing the DSK image. |cd,".." and loop.

Yeah I ought to implement it some time, for now your method is fine :)

Joseman

Quote from: Duke on 02:30, 13 February 17
- Fix carry flag of CAS OUT CHAR @Joseman

Strange... now the game hangs on save and load, the hang is somehow different... with the previous hang the cursor was blinking like hell... now it freezes totally, no save, no load :(

Duke

Quote from: Joseman on 13:44, 13 February 17
Strange... now the game hangs on save and load, the hang is somehow different... with the previous hang the cursor was blinking like hell... now it freezes totally, no save, no load :(
Worked fine here when I tested last night. Maybe you have some other roms creating problems?

Joseman

Quote from: Duke on 14:04, 13 February 17
Worked fine here when I tested last night. Maybe you have some other roms creating problems?

No, i never use roms, only amdos (7) + M4Rom (6), (i never use the lower patch too)

Duke

Quote from: Joseman on 15:32, 13 February 17
No, i never use roms, only amdos (7) + M4Rom (6), (i never use the lower patch too)
Ok strange, it still works fine here :) (no lowerrom either, M4 rom6) - All I did was take disc A from your link and extracted the files to a subfolder and remove the |disc command.

Joseman

Quote from: Duke on 16:19, 13 February 17
Ok strange, it still works fine here :) (no lowerrom either, M4 rom6) - All I did was take disc A from your link and extracted the files to a subfolder and remove the |disc command.

Hi again

I removed pilot.bin and then the game save & load correctly, but, if you save and load repeatedly the game will hang sooner or later, i don't know why, perhaps the file is not always correctly saved and then not correctly loaded... but is totally verified that the game hangs

Tolkin

Hy Duke, this was fast.
I will be tomorrow evening alone with my CPC #late in the night... rooarr....:)#
I will test the |FCP with my B: Drive then and give Feedback.
You do a great job #Respect for this#  ;D

Bye an thank you very much!
Tolkin

Joseman

About Gunship and the save/load hang

I was thinking if the problem was with the game itself, but i've been  trying with the game on floppy, M4 connected, |disc, and the game never hangs.

@Duke, one doubt: When you do the |disc with the M4 connected, i presume you replace again the original amsdos routines, but the game do (from the start) a call #BCCB, i presume (again) that the M4rom is loaded and the routines are replaced after that. The game (on floppy and M4 and #BCCB) keeps saving and loding correctly, then the doubt about if the problem is the M4, the M4rom and the lack of memory is ruled out... what do you think?