News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

wilco2009

Hi,
I think I have discovered a bug.

I was trying to copy a floppy disc with the files protected. The FCP command seems to work fine, but when I do a "cat" the result is the first character of the extension of all files is now "/".

Below you can find attached some pictures.

By other hand, I have tested the new |sna command and it is really great!!   :D :D

kik3

Quote from: Skunkfish on 10:22, 15 March 17
Are you able to implement Multiface style functionality, controlled by the web interface?

Poke addresses into RAM, save memory contents to SD etc...

*dreams*
Ohhhh yeahh, great idea amazing[emoji1], save games in sna format on real machine so you can play from the same point later would be amazing, is my dream
Please duke

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

wilco2009

Searching in ebay a case for my M4 interface I have found this one:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/172444920126?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=471287162805&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The size is perfect, the only problem is that the screew holes are not matching, but nothing without solution. Some silicone glue and it is ready,

I have also designed a label for him. If somebody likes it, I have attached the label to this message.

Following pictures are showing the result.

MiguelSky

Quote from: KaosOverride on 01:10, 17 March 17Some SNA packs where done. Also for the SymbOS SNA loader. Time to rescue them!
CPCGamesCD contains a folder named sta that contains a good bunch of sna files, and many of them are yours, KaosOverride ;)

EDIT: Here is the sna collection https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3F0WyVULL0AU19IQUFQUldQU3M

tpenalver

Quote from: Duke on 15:52, 17 March 17
Do they display wrong when using |LS command too ?  - I haven't noticed it personally, perhaps you can give me names of those directories.
Ie. put the microSD in the PC and open a dos prompt and do dir E: >cat.txt     (or whatever drive letter your PC uses).

Hello,

With the command | ls also went wrong, in the pc directories were shown well and without problems. I have formatted the SD card and everything looks good again and running at 100%.

I guess something happened on the SD card

Joseman

Hi!

as i told you, i was working on 2 loaders to bring 2 games to the m4/xmass/mass storages:

The work is finished, the games are "Adios a la casta 1" & "Adios a la casta 2", Javier Navarro allowed me to upload this versions of the games,  and not only that! he uploaded the versions to the official page!

Don't take care on the titles in spanish of this games, there is no need to traslate anything to english, they are one of the bests plataform games that the CPC has!. "Adios a la casta 2" strongly reminds me to blues brothers from amiga!

enjoy them!

source:

http://www.4mhz.es/2017/03/21/versiones-aalc-para-mass-storages/

P.D.: One more to come... soon ;)

opticpow

Quote from: Duke on 00:16, 17 March 17
Sounds like it should with latest upgrade. You should let it run for a while and finally only blue led should light up, then its done and ready.

If this fails, try to use this upgrade: www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag2.zip    Unpack to root and powercycle the CPC.

Does it work afterwards, do an |upgrade, if it fails send or paste the report.txt file contents created in root of the microSD

Hi Duke, I tried the diag firmware, still had the same problem. I used a clean card and uploaded the 2 files to the root. I left the 6128 for about 10 mins, and the red led never went off. Here is the contents of the report.txt:

ESP Flash SR: 0x00 0x00
ESP Flash ID: 0x00E04016
ESP Upgrade CRC match!

Thanks,
Wayne

Duke

Please try this one too (forgot the old isn't very informative):
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag4.zip

Thanks.

Quote from: opticpow on 05:16, 25 March 17

Hi Duke, I tried the diag firmware, still had the same problem. I used a clean card and uploaded the 2 files to the root. I left the 6128 for about 10 mins, and the red led never went off. Here is the contents of the report.txt:

ESP Flash SR: 0x00 0x00
ESP Upgrade CRC match!

Thanks,
Wayne

opticpow

Quote from: Duke on 06:59, 25 March 17
Please try this one too (forgot the old isn't very informative):
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag4.zip

Thanks.

Here is the updated report.txt

ESP Flash SR: 0x00
ESP Upgrade CRC match!
Chip Erase

Wayne

Duke

Ok, thanks for testing, one last if you are up for it: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag5.zip

Seems like it gets stuck in read SR WIP toggle bit. Hopefully this will reveal more. Please let it run for atleast 5 minutes.

Thanks.
Quote from: opticpow on 07:37, 25 March 17

Here is the updated report.txt

ESP Flash SR: 0x00
ESP Upgrade CRC match!
Chip Erase

opticpow

Quote from: Duke on 08:57, 25 March 17
Ok, thanks for testing, one last if you are up for it: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag5.zip

Seems like it gets stuck in read SR WIP toggle bit. Hopefully this will reveal more. Please let it run for atleast 5 minutes.

Thanks.

Ran for about 6-7 mins. The output:[size=78%]ESP Flash SR: 0x00[/size]

ESP Upgrade CRC match!
Chip Erase
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
Erasing area 0 - 000572B4

Duke

Ok thanks, you probably should let it run even longer for it to complete.
But yeah seems like the ESP module is screwed up somehow, better send it back to me for replacement/fixing, but please let the test run 10 mins, because we should see WIP2 toggle timeout in the log too and once over that a bit more interesting info.

Quote from: opticpow on 09:08, 25 March 17

Ran for about 6-7 mins. The output:[size=78%]ESP Flash SR: 0x00[/size]

ESP Upgrade CRC match!
Chip Erase
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
WIP Toggle timeout
Erasing area 0 - 000572B4

Duke

Nevermind that, as I forgot encapsulate a timeout to another SR wait. You should be able to simply delete the ESPFIRM.BIN from the root. Do a |version, if it's still old version on the ESP I suppose its writeprotected somehow.

opticpow

Ok, I stopped that test and the report.txt was the same.

After removing the ESPFIRM.BIN, the red led goes off, put the CPC still does not boot. I just have the one blue led on the right. Removing the m4 allows the CPC to boot of course, and I've tested with just my X-MEM to confirm the edge connector is fine.

Any other ideas?

Duke

Quote from: opticpow on 09:42, 25 March 17
Any other ideas?
Hmm, you could try setting the power jumper to USB and connect M4 to a USB charger/psu and run the upgrade without it being connected to the CPC, incase it should be some power-issue.
I doubt it though, but worth a try.

opticpow

Quote from: Duke on 09:45, 25 March 17
Hmm, you could try setting the power jumper to USB and connect M4 to a USB charger/psu and run the upgrade without it being connected to the CPC, incase it should be some power-issue.
I doubt it though, but worth a try.

I have made progress. When disconnecting the m4 and connecting to USB, I noticed one of the Pins on the header, Pin 1, was pushed in, so not likely making contact with the connecting cable. After pulling it out, and reconnecting to the CPC, It now boots!

It is not loading any roms, which I guess it normal as nothing has been configured, but monitoring my DHCP server I don't see the ESP asking for an address with a configured config.txt,  so I guess the ESP is still not working correctly.

Am I able to modify the romconfig.bin to turn on the m4 rom so I can try an |upgrade?

Duke

Quote from: opticpow on 10:28, 25 March 17

I have made progress. When disconnecting the m4 and connecting to USB, I noticed one of the Pins on the header, Pin 1, was pushed in, so not likely making contact with the connecting cable. After pulling it out, and reconnecting to the CPC, It now boots!

It is not loading any roms, which I guess it normal as nothing has been configured, but monitoring my DHCP server I don't see the ESP asking for an address with a configured config.txt,  so I guess the ESP is still not working correctly.

Am I able to modify the romconfig.bin to turn on the m4 rom so I can try an |upgrade?

Did you try to run the upgrade again with just USB powersupply connected ?

Otherwise what does |version say?   You can safely delete romconfig.bin and romslots.bin to revert to default setup.

opticpow

Yes, the usb power seem to do the same thing.

There does not appear to be any RSX loaded, so no |version, upgrade etc.

tpenalver

Every time I mark "Lower-Rom Enable" the cpc fails me with the M4
Does somebody knows why it could be?

Captura de pantalla 2017-03-25 a las 17.31.12 by Tomás Peñalver, on Flickr

Duke

@opticpow I send you a PM, suggesting to return the M4 to me.

@tpenalver Which CPC do you use? And is it the modified lowerrom you have uploaded? - If it is a CPC6128, please email me your romconfig.bin and romslots.bin files from M4 directory, then I can take a look and verify if the roms er OK. If it's a CPC464/664, the modified lowerrom probably wont work without uploading CPC6128 basic aswell.

Joseman

Hi

From now i will start to put my Mass storage / M4 modifications for games here:

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/modified-games-for-mass-storage-devices-from-joseman/

I think is a more convenient thread to do this because the games should work on all mass storage devices, not only M4!

tpenalver

@tpenalver Which CPC do you use? And is it the modified lowerrom you have uploaded? - If it is a CPC6128, please email me your romconfig.bin and romslots.bin files from M4 directory, then I can take a look and verify if the roms er OK. If it's a CPC464/664, the modified lowerrom probably wont work without uploading CPC6128 basic aswell.

Hi @Duke,

It is a CPC6128 and I use this ROM downloaded from the CPCwiki "os6128_mod_english.rom". I send you my files. Bin to see if you can help me. Thank you.

opticpow

Quote from: Duke on 06:15, 26 March 17
@opticpow I send you a PM, suggesting to return the M4 to me.

Thanks @duke, I'll organise to send it back.

Wayne

Duke

M4 firmware v.2.0.3 beta 1
Download: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v203b1.zip

Changes:

• Added javascript/html5 based navigation to the webinterface, with multifile upload, download, remote run, delete & make directory.
  • Fixes with running binary files with remote run and improved by changing directory to actual remote folder aswell.
  • |FCP Fix dodgy filenames, removing system attributes.
How to use the new web ui features, check this video:

Web interface only tested on Firefox, but hopefully works on other newer browsers.

dirtybb

Quote from: Duke on 17:25, 27 March 17
M4 firmware v.2.0.3 beta 1
Download: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v203b1.zip

Changes:

• Added javascript/html5 based navigation to the webinterface, with multifile upload, download, remote run, delete & make directory.
  • Fixes with running binary files with remote run and improved by changing directory to actual remote folder aswell.
  • |FCP Fix dodgy filenames, removing system attributes.
How to use the new web ui features, check this video:

Web interface only tested on Firefox, but hopefully works on other newer browsers.

Awesome :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk