News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

SOS

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 17:18, 02 April 17
In my case .. i don't have any problems with that  :o
Strange, approx 80-90% of all DSK-Images has now the problem.
I will check it next weekend with a complete clean SD-Card and report it back (in a case of problem).
(Thanks)

Duke

Ok hopefully another problem as I haven't encountered a single .dsk with that error either.

Anyway I better keep it beta for now then :)

Here is M4 Firmware v2.0.3 beta 2: Download http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v203b2.zip

Changes:

• You can now CD into DSK & CPR DSK images from the Web UI and use remote run too.
  • |M4HELP now lists the first 32 roms. Use |M4HELP,romnumber to display commands for a specific rom.
  • Full amsdos header read into amsdos buffer area  (will let you retain unused part of header when copying/opening).

HAL6128

Hmm, |M4HELP shows a different list than the WebGUI. E.g. the GUI show the "M4-Board.ROM" on rom slot 6 and "ParaDOS.ROM" on 7, but |M4HELP shows "M4" on 5 and "ParaDOS" on 6? The lower ROM isn't counted?

By the way: doing a |M4HELP on romslot 5 (supposed to have the M4 rom there due to |M4HELP) brings just symbols, not the command list.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Duke

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 20:33, 03 April 17

Hmm, |M4HELP shows a different list than the WebGUI. E.g. the GUI show the "M4-Board.ROM" on rom slot 6 and "ParaDOS.ROM" on 7, but |M4HELP shows "M4" on 5 and "ParaDOS" on 6? The lower ROM isn't counted?

By the way: doing a |M4HELP on romslot 5 (supposed to have the M4 rom there due to |M4HELP) brings just symbols, not the command list.
Oups, you are right, it seems to only work properly in mode 2 :)   - Stupid bug, fixed for next time. Thanks.

rafa32gr

Quote from: rcmolina on 20:04, 31 March 17
;D

@rafa32gr, Great work!   for your consideration:
- directory length, not possible to navigate if bigger tan 11 chars..
- Not possible to change to first entries if you have many entries and need scrolling ¿?
- Should be possible to use Enter insted of Space to change to a directory?

- Directory length is enough with 11 chars because in a cpc cat it dont show more than 8 chars
- I'm actually working in a directory listing as show at online part of the menu.
- In this night update it will be possible.

If some other things you need or like tell me.

Sorry for my very bad english, the program are still buggy but if you tell my where it fails i try to correct.

dragon

Hi duke i have one question/sugestion. View the post of  the pace rs232. I was thinking. if maybe can be possible hack the roms. To substitute the access to the rs232 with m4.  Making the cpc conecting todo the viewdataservice online using wifi.

Or maybe emulating the rs232 or something other idea.

Duke

Quote from: dragon on 11:15, 06 April 17
Hi duke i have one question/sugestion. View the post of  the pace rs232. I was thinking. if maybe can be possible hack the roms. To substitute the access to the rs232 with m4.  Making the cpc conecting todo the viewdataservice online using wifi.
Sounds possible, though it might be quite some work to hack around those roms. Perhaps easier to write a client from scratch? - it looks kinda simple, but I dunno...

Or maybe emulating the rs232 or something other idea.
Hmm, well there is a serial port (pinheader) on the M4 board, I could allow access to it via an API, if there is interest. It's 3.3V of course.

buzby

Good idea
This would be good as I have the M4 and the pace rs232

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragon

Quote from: Duke on 12:22, 06 April 17
Sounds possible, though it might be quite some work to hack around those roms. Perhaps easier to write a client from scratch? - it looks kinda simple, but I dunno...
Hmm, well there is a serial port (pinheader) on the M4 board, I could allow access to it via an API, if there is interest. It's 3.3V of course.

I think is best hack the roms, Using the spi serial is buy a rasperri pi to make it work and cable adapter . is much funny make it work with m4 y easy to the people  i think

Really i not know how works a viewdata to make it from 0 ,But the these part of room I supuse recieve the data form  the cpc bus in parallel from the rs2r2. maybe the m4 can be programmed with software emulator that substitute rs232 hardware+modem?

Duke

Quote from: dragon on 18:30, 06 April 17
Really i not know how works a viewdata to make it from 0 ,But the these part of room I supuse recieve the data form  the cpc bus in parallel from the rs2r2. maybe the m4 can be programmed with software emulator that substitute rs232 hardware+modem?
If you find any documentation on Viewdata, I wont mind taking a look, it probably is close to telnet I guess, so maybe super easy to implement, maybe not. I could not find any real documentation on it.
Also do you have any links for viewdata currently in use?

dragon

Quote from: Duke on 19:29, 06 April 17
If you find any documentation on Viewdata, I wont mind taking a look, it probably is close to telnet I guess, so maybe super easy to implement, maybe not. I could not find any real documentation on it.
Also do you have any links for viewdata currently in use?

If i find something i tell you. I thinking is a variant of videotext.

I know one Page online compatible with the cpc thats because i suggest implement It.

http://www.retrocomputers.online/2013/11/18/lets-take-a-look-at-viewdata/

http://www.retrocomputers.online/2016/08/20/more-photos-of-viewdata-on-the-amstrad-cpc/

http://www.ccl4.org

rafa32gr

I just upload a new version of my M4 explorer.

When you explore SD, files are in a buffer created with |UDIR and a ASM routine that put then on a matrix
When you explore Floppy files are in a buffer created with firmware routine &BC9B CAS CATALOG and a ASM routine that put then o a matrix.

The result is that you can scroll in filelist (slow)

Other bugs are corrected and a mayor bug that let few memory before run any aplicattion was corrected

If you have any suggestion or have notice of another bug i am pleased to know about it

Thank you very much for the time you spend testing it.

kik3

Quote from: rafa32gr on 21:51, 09 April 17

When you explore SD, files are in a buffer created with |UDIR and a ASM routine that put then on a matrix
When you explore Floppy files are in a buffer created with firmware routine &BC9B CAS CATALOG and a ASM routine that put then o a matrix.

Other bugs are corrected and a mayor bug that let few memory before run any aplicattion was corrected

If you have any suggestion or have notice of another bug i am pleased to know about it

Thanks Mr rafa[emoji106] [emoji1]

Send from my cpc 6128

Fedeo

Quote from: rafa32gr on 21:51, 09 April 17

Hola rafa32gr!
After updating your M4 explorer, it does not appear to work properly on my 6128 Plus. When I try online the explorer suddenly closes and when I try to display a directory with a lot of dsk archives it freezes. All this didn't happen with the previous version.

rafa32gr

Quote from: Fedeo on 12:23, 11 April 17

Hola rafa32gr!
After updating your M4 explorer, it does not appear to work properly on my 6128 Plus. When I try online the explorer suddenly closes and when I try to display a directory with a lot of dsk archives it freezes. All this didn't happen with the previous version.

Thank you very much for the feedback, in a few hours i will upload a new version , trying to correct all these bugs.

rafa32gr

I do a little correction on the buffer to store directory data, and some other memory issues, if anybody think is better read direct from the disk and dont store it on an array, i'll change the way my app use directory data.

Thank you very much for your feedbak, and sorry for my very bad english.

all criticism are welcomed

Maniac

Quote from: Maniac on 18:29, 27 March 17
Awesome work as ever! Can't wait to try it out!

Finally found time to try this out after seeing the video of Overflow's new intro from Revision 2017. As I thought it would be it's awesome to upload files so easily and run them but I have found that it doesn't always seem to work. For example I extracted the file to run Overflow's new intro (http://quasar.cpcscene.net/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=tmp:logon_s_run_-_3d_meets_the_aging_bits.zip) using WinApe and uploaded it to a new Demos folder. I then refreshed the directory listing and clicked 'Run' next to the 'LOGON'S' file name. My 6128 Plus resets but the intro doesn't start it simply returns to the basic prompt.

If I try another intro "Battro" but Batman Group all works as it should do.

Tried switching the ROM from slot 6 to 7 but it makes no difference I'm afraid.

Appreciate it's still in beta but thought I should offer some feedback as I noticed. Also now I've tried using it I actually think being able to browse in to DSK images would be v useful!  :-[

Duke

Quote from: Maniac on 22:00, 16 April 17

Finally found time to try this out after seeing the video of Overflow's new intro from Revision 2017. As I thought it would be it's awesome to upload files so easily and run them but I have found that it doesn't always seem to work. For example I extracted the file to run Overflow's new intro (http://quasar.cpcscene.net/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=tmp:logon_s_run_-_3d_meets_the_aging_bits.zip) using WinApe and uploaded it to a new Demos folder. I then refreshed the directory listing and clicked 'Run' next to the 'LOGON'S' file name. My 6128 Plus resets but the intro doesn't start it simply returns to the basic prompt.

If I try another intro "Battro" but Batman Group all works as it should do.

Tried switching the ROM from slot 6 to 7 but it makes no difference I'm afraid.

Appreciate it's still in beta but thought I should offer some feedback as I noticed. Also now I've tried using it I actually think being able to browse in to DSK images would be v useful!  :-[

Yes, thanks. I noticed this too, this morning when I tried overflows new demo (runs fine from the cpc itself btw). I think it is because of the ' character in the filename, probably some html character translation I need to add for that too. Will be fixed in next firmware.
For what it's worth if you use beta 2, you don't need to extract the .DSK's you can just CD into them and run directly aswell.

For v2.0.3 beta #2 look here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/amstrad-cpc-wifi/msg143262/#msg143262   you can browse & run files inside DSK or CPR DSK's with it.

As for the problem SOS reported earlier, this was because of DSK having "Read only" system attribute set, so if you get a weird error cd'ing into a dsk make sure the "Read Only" attribute is turned off.
I will add a check for it in next firmware so in those cases they will be opened in "write protected" mode.

Maniac

Quote from: Duke on 22:52, 16 April 17
Yes, thanks. I noticed this too, this morning when I tried overflows new demo (runs fine from the cpc itself btw). I think it is because of the ' character in the filename, probably some html character translation I need to add for that too. Will be fixed in next firmware.
For what it's worth if you use beta 2, you don't need to extract the .DSK's you can just CD into them and run directly aswell.

For v2.0.3 beta #2 look here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/amstrad-cpc-wifi/msg143262/#msg143262   you can browse & run files inside DSK or CPR DSK's with it.

As for the problem SOS reported earlier, this was because of DSK having "Read only" system attribute set, so if you get a weird error cd'ing into a dsk make sure the "Read Only" attribute is turned off.
I will add a check for it in next firmware so in those cases they will be opened in "write protected" mode.

Thanks for the update, I didn't quite look hard enough to see if you'd updated since the original post about this.

Interestingly after updating to Beta 2 and trying to launch Overflow's new intro via MS Edge it is now working! Still doesn't work via Chrome though so def looks like it's something around HTML handling which defers in various browsers. I have another example which starts with a # "Barbar" by Benediction which doesn't work from either browser.

Duke

Quote from: Maniac on 00:22, 17 April 17

Thanks for the update, I didn't quite look hard enough to see if you'd updated since the original post about this.

Interestingly after updating to Beta 2 and trying to launch Overflow's new intro via MS Edge it is now working! Still doesn't work via Chrome though so def looks like it's something around HTML handling which defers in various browsers. I have another example which starts with a # "Barbar" by Benediction which doesn't work from either browser.

Noted, will check, it's probably all the symbolic characters causing problems depending on the browser. I did only add the most obvious, like &/-/+/ /... 

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 22:52, 16 April 17

Really? I have the dsk on both of my m4 boards and I can |cd into it and run this awesome Logon system demo with no issues.

M4 running 2.0.2 at the moment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Maniac

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:03, 18 April 17
Really? I have the dsk on both of my m4 boards and I can |cd into it and run this awesome Logon system demo with no issues.

M4 running 2.0.2 at the moment.
This was just via the web interface rather than |cd in to the DSK which as you say works just fine.

robcfg

I upgraded flawlessly yesterday to 2.0.2 and I looooooooooooooooooooooove the |FCP command!

For a start, I uploaded the 3 games from 4mhz.es for use with mass storage devices and found that "Adios A La Casta Episode 2" hangs after the loading screen.

I asked Javier Navarro about it and they work for him but he has not the latest firmware installed on his M4.

Download link here.

CraigsBar

I'd love  2 new commands, one to list the files in a dsk without having to |cd into it.... And one to extract files from a dsk including wildcards ☺️

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Maniac

Quote from: robcfg on 13:51, 18 April 17
I upgraded flawlessly yesterday to 2.0.2 and I looooooooooooooooooooooove the |FCP command!

For a start, I uploaded the 3 games from 4mhz.es for use with mass storage devices and found that "Adios A La Casta Episode 2" hangs after the loading screen.

I asked Javier Navarro about it and they work for him but he has not the latest firmware installed on his M4.

Download link here.

I've just extracted all 3 of these DSK files these using WinApe to new sub-directories for each and they seem to work fine for me too. I'm running the latest Beta.