News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

rafa32gr

Quote from: Duke on 06:53, 25 April 17
Ok, will check, it should have worked :)

The download link on your page fails (404) http://amstrad.esy.es/menu/m4explorer.zip

Solved , i upload M4explorer.zip instead m4explorer.zip

Sorry  :doh:

number-one

Hello,

with the lower6128_mod-fr enabled the  |DISC command show the content of the SD card.

I have CPC 6128 with the M4 (M4FIRM_v203b2), X-Mem Boards (READ ROM jumper NO position) and SYMBOS 3.0 CPC - RC1 16/11/14.
The wget command crash symbos.

Duke

Quote from: number-one on 09:44, 30 April 17
with the lower6128_mod-fr enabled the  |DISC command show the content of the SD card.
Yes, you need to disable the modified lowerrom if you wish to access floppy discs.

I have CPC 6128 with the M4 (M4FIRM_v203b2), X-Mem Boards (READ ROM jumper NO position) and SYMBOS 3.0 CPC - RC1 16/11/14.
The wget command crash symbos.
How do you type the URL with wget? (or perhaps paste the entire url) it should be with http:// prefix.

number-one

How can I copy and paste in symbos ?

How can I kill a command running in symshell ?

Where I can find the last symbos user manual ?

Edoz(MSX)

Quote from: number-one on 08:32, 01 May 17
How can I copy and paste in symbos ?

How can I kill a command running in symshell ?

Where I can find the last symbos user manual ?

Hi Number One,

You can download the last document from my site.

Copy/Paste is like Windows CTRL-C / CTRL-V
In the taskmanger you can kill a process. Be aware that you need a socket reset as well when the process was running a TCP or UDP connection.
(This can be done in the network daemon)

http://members.home.nl/evanzanten/msxorg/SymbOS%203%20install%20user%20and%20install%20guide.pdf

Hope it helps.

00WReX

Quote from: Duke on 07:36, 07 May 16
Hi guys,

I have hacked together an expansion board for the CPC, letting it connect to your home router/accesspoint via WiFi.
It also features a romboard and sd card for file access.

It's a bit rough at the moment, but the basics do work.

Please check it out at:
spinpoint.org – Duke's tech ramblings...

Let me know what you think - Any use, or plain madness :) - It was fun doing atleast.

Works on entire CPC range (from 464 to 6128+)

Regards,
Duke

Update!

Well, a year has gone bye since these famous first words..."Let me know what you think - Any use, or plain madness"

Wow, it sure was madness, in the best way possible.  Arguably the best expansion board ever to be released for the Amstrad CPC series.

So from that initial 'expression of interest', I'm assuming Duke did not think he would still be filling orders a year later.

So just for fun, how many have shipped after the 1st year Duke ?  I alone have three...

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 06:53, 13 May 17
So from that initial 'expression of interest', I'm assuming Duke did not think he would still be filling orders a year later.

So just for fun, how many have shipped after the 1st year Duke ?  I alone have three...

Yeah still going strong, thanks, way beyond anything I ever imagined.

260 units (exactly!) shipped to date, 18 on order to be made, bringing the total to 278 and orders are still coming in every week. It's great to know there is so many people still using their CPC out there.

00WReX

Quote from: Duke on 10:14, 13 May 17
Yeah still going strong, thanks, way beyond anything I ever imagined.

260 units (exactly!) shipped to date, 18 on order to be made, bringing the total to 278 and orders are still coming in every week. It's great to know there is so many people still using their CPC out there.

Nice  ;)
Thanks for the feedback on the M4's shipped  8)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

villain

Quote from: 00WReX on 06:53, 13 May 17
Arguably the best expansion board ever to be released for the Amstrad CPC series.

Arguably with the best support a CPC related product ever had!  ;D

robcfg

Indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merlinkv

Hi Duke (and all),

Very sorry for the delay in appearing here, but the truth is that due to family problems I have been off from the retro world and without the strength to continue.

Now things are coming back to normality and I'm starting again ...

I received the two M4 long ago (I can not remember if I told you) and today I have set up one of them.

I have updated the firmware to version 2.0.3b2 and the connection of the M4 with the PC is perfect. Now I want to put a few ROMs in the M4 but I have read that I need to put the ROM of the M4 in slot 7 ... where can I get the ROM of the M4? Is it a ROM or BIN file?

Thanks in advance & Kind Regards

Edit: Solved ... is inside the board ...  :picard:

Duke

Quote from: merlinkv on 21:49, 15 May 17
Now I want to put a few ROMs in the M4 but I have read that I need to put the ROM of the M4 in slot 7 ... where can I get the ROM of the M4? Is it a ROM or BIN file?
Please look at http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt
Under: The basics of how to use ROMS on CPC and config with M4

I think many are confused how to set it up best possibly for their configuration.
It's not easy to give a "this is best configuration", because it depends, if you want best game/demo/programs compatiblity OR best compatibility with accessing real discs and copying stuff back and forth.
Probably, best solution is to configure it for the use you have in mind for your task.
If you want to run games/demos/apps in best compatibility, you set M4 rom at 6 (or 7 if possible) and add the modified lowerrom (only if you cannot replace rom 7).
If you want to copy stuff from discs, run stuff on discs, you disable the modified lowerrom (or set M4 rom to anything below rom 7, if it was set to rom 7) and use |disc to switch to disk interface.
In worst case use |m4romoff if something doesn't want to load.

Salvo B

Well, finally I found the time to have some fun with Duke's board, running binary files via WiFi on the Cpc sounds magic!

Anyway, I was about to 3d print the case linked to this topic, but my revision of the board has the second reset button, so could please anyone tell me the exact distance between the two buttons to adapt the file?

Sorry if I don't take the measurements on myself, but I'm out for a few days and meanwhile I'd like to give the distance of the buttons to a friend that will print the case for me, so when I'll be back I'll find it printed and ready for use :)

Thanks

merlinkv

Finally I have all working great !!!  :D :D

ROM Number: 6
Lower ROM Enabled: YES
Lower ROM Slot: 14

Slot 3: MAXAM
Slot 4: LAUNCHER
Slot 5: YANCC
Slot 8: ARKOS
Slot 9: SNARKOS
Slot 14: FW316UK (X-MEM 32 ROMs)
Slot 30: PROTEXT

I will continue testing ... but for now I think is one of the best (if not the best) interface made for CPC's.

Thanks Duke.

Targhan

Just a quick word to say that this board is FANTASTIC. I've just received it yesterday, and I'm very, very impressed at what it can already do. Drag'n'dropping binary, DSK, SNA to a PC browser and being able to play all of them is awesome.

Now I'll try to find some time to integrate this to my cross-dev toolkit. Integrating a CPC Reset + SNA loading shouldn't be a problem, thanks to all that's already been done.

Thanks a lot for your awesome work!!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Duke

Quote from: Salvo B on 18:21, 16 May 17
Anyway, I was about to 3d print the case linked to this topic, but my revision of the board has the second reset button, so could please anyone tell me the exact distance between the two buttons to adapt the file?
The new PCB is also smaller, so the old case(s) will not fit.

Quote from: Targhan on 23:23, 16 May 17
Now I'll try to find some time to integrate this to my cross-dev toolkit. Integrating a CPC Reset + SNA loading shouldn't be a problem, thanks to all that's already been done.
You could add the following lines to your makefile, say as "exec":
xfer -u <ipaddr> code.sna / 0
xfer -x <ipaddr> /code.sna

make
make exec
Or something, unless you are using an IDE of course.

Targhan

It's working! It's working! Funny, transferring the SNA is almost instantaneous, now what takes a bit of time is the reset itself :). Awesome!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Salvo B

I Got the following rom configuration, On slot 0 I've loaded the rom downoaded from the cpcwiki page of the m4 board, I can read/write the files and SNA from the sd card and when I want to use disks i turn off the m4rom and I get Parados.

I've tried to load the QuickCMD rom on slot 15 and this doesn't works, plus I can't understand how to configure the rom board to get running SymbOS too...

Can someone please give me some hints? Can Parados, the lower rom and SymbOS live togheter? Why QuickCMD doesn't works?

Why I can't get any useful info typing |m4help,slotnumber?

Thanks in advance :)

Duke

Quote from: Salvo B on 21:23, 24 May 17
Can someone please give me some hints? Can Parados, the lower rom and SymbOS live togheter? Why QuickCMD doesn't works?
SymbOS doesn't care about the rom configuration as far as I know, so likely you have some other issue (like using the correct INI file)?
I haven't QuickCMD rom.
Why I can't get any useful info typing |m4help,slotnumber?
There's a bug in the v2.0.3 beta about this command, for it to work properly use screen mode 2.

Salvo B

Quote from: Duke on 22:29, 24 May 17
SymbOS doesn't care about the rom configuration as far as I know, so likely you have some other issue (like using the correct INI file)?
I haven't QuickCMD rom.There's a bug in the v2.0.3 beta about this command, for it to work properly use screen mode 2.
I forget t mention that I'd like to run the ROM version, that's why I talk about the rom configuration

KaosOverride

Maybe I'm in a mistake but looks like there is no ROM version of symbos 3.0 until it's in beta, so any rom version will not have any M4 support. Just run the files from M4 sdcard.

Other thing:

Another amazing use for the M4

Sorry because it's in spanish but the idea is easy. Lower rom and basic in M4 romslot 0 and you override the cart booting. Then use a rom dumper like the romget from cpcemu to grab the roms 128-135, build a cpr and win!!!

Now we have an easy way to dump Chade HQ2 without breaking the cart!! We just need some cooperation...
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

NiNxPe

A dump of SCi - Chase HQ 2 : And the dream come true  ???

remax

Quote from: NiNxPe on 08:33, 02 June 17
A dump of SCi - Chase HQ 2 : And the dream come true  ???

So we will be able to never play it with an appeased mind  :D
Brain Radioactivity

mr_lou

Haven't followed this thread (at all), so sorry if someone already asked this:

Has anyone started developing an online multiplayer game for the CPC now?  :)

"CPC World"  ::)

KaosOverride

Quote from: mr_lou on 19:01, 03 June 17
Haven't followed this thread (at all), so sorry if someone already asked this:

Has anyone started developing an online multiplayer game for the CPC now?  :)

"CPC World"  ::)

Some time ago when I was playing with some Wiznet modules, Spectranet developer told me to try to port the Spectank game. With the M4 WiFi I focused to start porting the BSD sockets lib to SDCC/Cpctelera but recently I lost the pendrive with the latest updates. Until I recover motivation to redo a lot of work, I have used the little time I have playing with concepts that ended making the video above, dumping a GXcart with the M4 xD

The spectank is a fun game, client server oriented. The server can be run at a Raspberry Pi, and makes all the IA and game evaluation. The clients are mere terminals, send keystrokes to the server and "plays" the levels and sprites. The client receives messages from the server which can be initialization messages of tilemap, sprites etc, and later update messages, of sprites changin coordinates, the animation of the sprite, etc.

A nice concept of 8bit netplay. Change tanks with soldiers, rotational movement with directional, firetank with bullets, and grenades as secondary fire like commando or ikary, and you have CPC Call Of Duty 2D xD

Pity is that you need UDP....
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder