News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 15:51, 23 July 17
The config.txt file is plain ASCII. Protext uses AMSDOS header for it's files.
Noted the other bug you reported, thanks.
I thought Program mode in protext was plain ascii with no headers. When I get home tonight I'll try retyping it in protext and saving it in protext program mode. If that works it'll be awesome ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:12, 23 July 17
I thought Program mode in protext was plain ascii with no headers. When I get home tonight I'll try retyping it in protext and saving it in protext program mode. If that works it'll be awesome ;)
Yeah I tested this some time ago, and it does put on an AMSDOS header when saving and expecting it when loading too. Using cpcxfer app you can add the header for Protext (1).
Saving it from within protext should work too, but you can't edit it on a PC afterwards without screwing it up.

Shaun M. Neary

Think I may have spotted a bug.

Downloaded Batman - The Caped Crusader with Plus patch from CPC-power, extracted with cpcdiskxp, then tried to drag and drop em with a browser (latest Firefox on OSX). It renamed some of the file extensions and made them fail to load.

Copying directly to SD worked fine though, so not a show stopper.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 16:29, 23 July 17
Yeah I tested this some time ago, and it does put on an AMSDOS header when saving and expecting it when loading too. Using cpcxfer app you can add the header for Protext (1).
Saving it from within protext should work too, but you can't edit it on a PC afterwards without screwing it up.
I am never gonna edit it on a pc anyway. I guess I need to decide if I wanna use protext or the symbos notepad the. I swapped the name of my router with the symbos notepad, and that worked fine E.

CraigsBar

Is there anyway the m4 rom can be modified so that when it is in slot 7 it does not clear the screen on boot up but still suppresses the f1 f2 menu for a plus?

Duke

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 17:00, 23 July 17
Downloaded Batman - The Caped Crusader with Plus patch from CPC-power, extracted with cpcdiskxp, then tried to drag and drop em with a browser (latest Firefox on OSX). It renamed some of the file extensions and made them fail to load.
Thanks, I will check it out.

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:04, 23 July 17
Is there anyway the m4 rom can be modified so that when it is in slot 7 it does not clear the screen on boot up but still suppresses the f1 f2 menu for a plus?
It's not the M4 rom clearing the screen on CPC+, it is the CPC+ lowerrom. You can upload the lowerrom from a regular CPC6128 and that will fix it.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 22:45, 23 July 17

It's not the M4 rom clearing the screen on CPC+, it is the CPC+ lowerrom. You can upload the lowerrom from a regular CPC6128 and that will fix it.

Should parados not do the same thing when installed in Slot 7 then? yet it does not?

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:38, 23 July 17

Should parados not do the same thing when installed in Slot 7 then? yet it does not?
True, I don't know what it does to prevent the boot up clear screen, maybe patch something in ram.

Edit: Ah, it's because of the CPC plus init vector mine uses mc_start_program to return to basic like the amsdos for cpc+.
Attached a build of M4ROM that does the same as parados for the cpc+ init vector. Just copy it to root of the microSD.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 00:02, 24 July 17
True, I don't know what it does to prevent the boot up clear screen, maybe patch something in ram.

Edit: Ah, it's because of the CPC plus init vector mine uses mc_start_program to return to basic like the amsdos for cpc+.
Attached a build of M4ROM that does the same as parados for the cpc+ init vector. Just copy it to root of the microSD.
Works a treat.. Many many thanks.

blackdalek

Wow! that photo is enormous! :P

In other news... I am looking forward to playing with this wifi board myself.

Duke? Did you get my message with email details etc.? I haven't heard anything back from you since I replied to your first message.  8)
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:19, 24 July 17
Works a treat.. Many many thanks.
No problem will make it default when I make the next release build.
Btw. be careful with Utopia before M4 rom, it has some commands  (|ren & |era iirc.) that it catches if set before M4, which will make them not work properly.

Quote from: blackdalek on 05:47, 25 July 17
Duke? Did you get my message with email details etc.? I haven't heard anything back from you since I replied to your first message.  8)
Yes yes, sorry. Once I got confirmation, next reply is when it is ready.

blackdalek

CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

dragon

i have mounted the 6128 plus with the m4 after very long time, and i have problems with it. (m4 is in slot 6).

I go to test the asm from the im2 bug thread.

So i compile it with winape i generated 2.bin, as it start in &9000 i do:

Load"name.bin",&9000 And the cpc respond me "name.BBB not found" ¿BBB?.  :-\ (rename it to .BBB not works). No matter what cartridge image i use in c4cpc. When i put off m4 it load.bin returns. Rom7 is the same.

I have the bin in the sd root.

Duke

Of course that should work.
Does the file have an AMSDOS header?
You can attach it here if I should test it.

EDIT:
Just ran latest IM2 bug test. It was np.
First assemble with winape, then go to basic in winape:
save"test.bin",b,&9000,&100,&9000
Edit disc, drag the file to somewhere.
Open M4 webinterface, drag the file.
Run it
Or memory &8fff:load"test.bin":call &9000

I don't see a problem?

Quote from: dragon on 22:51, 26 July 17
I go to test the asm from the im2 bug thread.

So i compile it with winape i generated 2.bin, as it start in &9000 i do:

Load"name.bin",&9000 And the cpc respond me "name.BBB not found" ¿BBB?.  :-\ (rename it to .BBB not works). No matter what cartridge image i use in c4cpc. When i put off m4 it load.bin returns. Rom7 is the same.

I have the bin in the sd root.

dragon

Its not necesay the file exist.

Type one file that not exist. (as single instruction outside the list of  instructions)

load"a.bin"

return me A   .BBB not found.

He should be a.bin not found. no?.

Duke

Quote from: dragon on 00:22, 27 July 17
return me A   .BBB not found.

He should be a.bin not found. no?.

Ah ok, I thought you couldn't load an actual file. Yes that's bug if the file isn't found, thanks.

dragon

It fails to sometimes with direct load he not found the file .bbb (.bin)with the correct name,but others works.

Is rare :) but is always with direct comand the bug, not with a list of instructions.

Duke

Quote from: dragon on 12:44, 28 July 17
It fails to sometimes with direct load he not found the file .bbb (.bin)with the correct name,but others works.

Is rare :) but is always with direct comand the bug, not with a list of instructions.

It's never happened to me :) The file not found extension fuck up was just a parsing bug (cosmetical), having fixed that now.
Maybe you don't use 8.3 filenames. I still keep that for now for amsdos functions, so saving a file like "my-basic-test-2017.bas" will not load with AMSDOS because it exceeds, 8.3.

Duke

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 17:00, 23 July 17
Think I may have spotted a bug.

Copying directly to SD worked fine though, so not a show stopper.

I tested this now, and for me it does not rename any file extensions.
The only difference is that due to 8.3 SFN filenames, the '+' sign is not allowed so the files"LOADER+.BAS", "LOADP1+.BAS" & "LOADP2+.BAS" will display as "LOADER~1.BAS", "LOADP1~1.BAS" & "LOADP2~1.BAS" when using CAT command.
However if you do a |ls command, it will be correct filenames.
The game works fine aswell using batman1.bas (not batman.bas, because it can't find batman.scr, which is not on the disk) and batman2.bas.
Maybe it's some difference with the MAC/Firefox encoding, don't suppose you could do a screenshot of the wrong filenames after transferring them? both with cat and |ls. Might give me some idea to what's going on.

Duke

New firmware V2.0.4 beta 6 for M4 board.

Download http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v204b6.zip

- Fix parsing bug when file not found ( @dragon )

- Many DSK fixes, now games like Chibi Akumas show loading screen (again), games with fragmented blocks work (ie. Ninja Grannies and other games from @Joseman)
  Hopefully all games that do no require writing works from DSK rather than running them as files. Let me know if that is not the case :)

- WEB UI, now you can pick  "CD ON CPC" when using file browser or from Control, to change the directory on CPC itself ( @Targhan & @krusty_benediction )
  Besides using the webui a http req (ie. wget) can also change directory like this: http://ipnum/config.cgi?cd2=/DEMOS or even into a DSK file.
  Also [..] in the file browser was changed to [BACK] and [.] to [REFRESH] to make it more obvious.

- |ls now supports DSK images too (will probably garbage up if using ASCII art though). (@krusty_benediction)

- |httpget will use attachment filename, rather than url if present (@krusty_benediction)

- New command |dskx - DSK extract.
  With this you can extract dsk images to files.
  Usage |dskx,"somedisk.dsk","/mypath" and all files are extracted to given path.

- CPC plus init, no longer clears screen ( @CraigsBar ).

Did I forget any bugs?  (oups @GUNHED, not implemented vortex dsk image support yet...) 

As for the new CPC+ cart feature, I have not fixed it yet.
Just bought a CPC464+ which I will probably get next week. Hopefully I will see some of the trouble others have and put on the LA, and check my timings.

dirtybb

Many thanks duke, this update rocks !

Quote from: Duke on 12:45, 29 July 17
- New command |dskx - DSK extract.
  With this you can extract dsk images to files.
  Usage |dskx,"somedisk.dsk","/mypath" and all files are extracted to given path.
Luv that :D

breiztiger

hi

for me, on old cpc 6128 fr, i have multiple reset on power on with only m4 card on 204b6

breiztiger

Duke

Quote from: breiztiger on 14:13, 29 July 17
for me, on old cpc 6128 fr, i have multiple reset on power on with only m4 card on 204b6
It did not do this before?

Depending on how old your previous firmware was, you may have to delete the files romconfig.bin and romslots.bin from M4 folder.
Sounds like a ROM either at pos 7 or lowerrom.

breiztiger

i have return with 204b5 without reset anymore

i haven't lowerrom or rom at pos 7

Duke

Quote from: breiztiger on 14:25, 29 July 17
i have return with 204b5 without reset anymore

i haven't lowerrom or rom at pos 7

Ok, strange. Thanks for the feedback.

Another huge change in this build is, that all the lowlevel drivers was changed to a new api/definitions from STM (LL drivers rather than SPL), so I can easier port it to Galaxy board.
So it's possible there is some bug somewhere. Just it works fine for me on my CPC6128, will check the rest of the CPC's later.

EDIT: Ran a quick test through cpc's: 2 x CPC6128, 2x CPC664, 1x CPC464, 1x CPC6128+.  No problems encountered.  Anyone else having issues let me know.
@breiztiger: Do you have any particular ROM setup or other things (like autoexec.bas) ?