News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

@dragon will test soon (tm) and fix if reproducible.

dragon

Thanks

It should be easy, use the max lenght in ssid and pasword wpa2 aes.

Duke

For @dragon : http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v205b1_fix_amsoft_fix_ssid.zip

Fix SSID connect so full 32 characters can be used.

dragon

Thanks! God to know i don't need change 10 wifi devices XD.

MiguelSky

My M4 is not working fine this week. I updated to the lasts firm files but I can't get it working properly. I think there are some RSX not available for some reason I don't know. This picture is from HELP command of Utopia ROM.

Duke

Quote from: MiguelSky on 00:15, 02 August 18
My M4 is not working fine this week. I updated to the lasts firm files but I can't get it working properly. I think there are some RSX not available for some reason I don't know. This picture is from HELP command of Utopia ROM.
Hmmm, maybe edge connector issue? as yes clearly some RSX are missing, when I try utopia |help I get all the rsx commands, similar to |m4help.

GUNHED

From my experience I can tell that Utopia makes problems with some other ROMs. Maybe one can try to deactivate it and see if this helps.  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

MikeSDK

I have the curious problem that when I install a ROM to apparently any slot the M4 forgets it's there and all commands no longer function. After a reset the ROM slot is empty and M4 functions fine again.

I have also - so far - been unable to connect the WIFI to my network but that's a separate issue and probably to do with my router setup.
I am using the latest M4 and ESP firmware freshly installed from the website.

Duke

Quote from: MikeSDK on 16:26, 02 August 18
I have the curious problem that when I install a ROM to apparently any slot the M4 forgets it's there and all commands no longer function. After a reset the ROM slot is empty and M4 functions fine again.

Sounds odd, is your microSD formatted to FAT32 ?

What commands do you use for example?

I have also - so far - been unable to connect the WIFI to my network but that's a separate issue and probably to do with my router setup.
I am using the latest M4 and ESP firmware freshly installed from the website.

A few people have had issues with the WiFi since I updated the ESP SDK, you can however go back to old one, with this firmware:
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v205b1.zip

Maybe not your issue.

MikeSDK

Quote from: Duke on 17:52, 02 August 18
Sounds odd, is your microSD formatted to FAT32 ?

What commands do you use for example?

A few people have had issues with the WiFi since I updated the ESP SDK, you can however go back to old one, with this firmware:
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v205b1.zip

Maybe not your issue.
Yeah SD is FAT32.. The disk operation part of it is working beautifullly.
I used |romup,"romname.rom",<rom slot> and no, not slot 6 :)
it seems to do it, then immediately after all M4 commands stop working.
and I can try stepping one version back
EDIT:Tried the version you linked, same result.. the moment I put a rom in a slot M4's commands stop working.
All the ROMs I have tried to install have been verified working on Bryce's MegaFlash so it's not that causing it.

Duke

Quote from: MikeSDK on 18:21, 02 August 18
Yeah SD is FAT32.. The disk operation part of it is working beautifullly.
Good,
And also not rom slot 0 (or you'd be replacing basic).
And if you pick above rom 7 on a 464 it would not be initialized or rom 15 on a 664/6128, unless using special roms.
It shouldn't.
It wont see the rom until you either do |ROMUPD or power cycle the CPC.

Have you tried to use |m4help to list roms after a power cycle?

EDIT:Tried the version you linked, same result.. the moment I put a rom in a slot M4's commands stop working.
All the ROMs I have tried to install have been verified working on Bryce's MegaFlash so it's not that causing it.

Can you attach any one of them here, so I can test? - Maybe there's something with the header....

EDIT:
Maybe you are loading them from a floppy disk ?
For the |romup command they have to be on the microSD card.

GUNHED

Well, I made the same experience, Duke pointed out that some commands only work from SD card not from disc. Maybe this helps you a bit.

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

SOS

Yeah SD is FAT32..
Your SD-Card is fresh-formatted? (if not, please try with a fresh formatted one)

KaosOverride

Quote from: SOS on 17:57, 03 August 18
Your SD-Card is fresh-formatted? (if not, please try with a fresh formatted one)
Oh yes, accesing some file after copying a full gameset+symbos+more shit to the SD card makes the latest files unreadable...

But SD is ok when again at the PC...

I have tested with some SDs... 8gb, 16gb...

If a fresh formated SD works ok, then the file access fail, the RSX unloaded... Duke, could be some kind of internal overflow?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

SOS

Quote from: KaosOverride on 18:54, 03 August 18
Oh yes, accesing some file after copying a full gameset+symbos+more shit to the SD card makes the latest files unreadable...

But SD is ok when again at the PC...
Hehe, i've seen that during the development of my FAT32 ROM.
Some variables i've cut down to 16 Bit, instead of 28 Bit and i doesnt implement 32 Bit-arithmetic correctly :o
=> Strange things happens

I think, Duke has still a bug in his M4-Driver  ;)

KaosOverride

I don't reach to the first 1gb and have the bug. Don't know if is for file total count or what. I use most Amsdos loose file than DSK "containers".

Duke, I can prepare a bugged SD so you can make a debug firmware version like the one that wrote the logs at the SD (but that will fail???)

If file logging fails, them other way to debug is to enable a simple echo server at the M4 so I can telnet from PC and the board just writes to the socket the log events????

KaosOverride · GitHub

Duke

Quote from: KaosOverride on 19:33, 03 August 18
Duke, I can prepare a bugged SD so you can make a debug firmware version like the one that wrote the logs at the SD (but that will fail???)
Thanks, but I did manage to reproduce the issue with an image from SOS. However I didn't find the bug quickly and "forgot" about it. I use printf via the serial port btw. (TX/RX <-> USB 3.3V serial port).

Will get back to it.

KaosOverride

Excellent, thanks a lot!!

KaosOverride · GitHub

MiguelSky

Quote from: Duke on 06:29, 02 August 18
Hmmm, maybe edge connector issue? as yes clearly some RSX are missing, when I try utopia |help I get all the rsx commands, similar to |m4help.
Well, I made a cleaning yesterday but it didn't improved. A while ago, after reading the most recent messages, I tried another SDCard and I'm afraid it finally has died  :'(  : it restarted once without showing the M4 message but it doesn't start anymore. Aparently, it starts as usual (a green blink and then fixed blue) but the CPC doesn't start. My CPC seems to work fine without my poor M4.

Is there any testing or trouble shooting to do?

Duke

Quote from: MiguelSky on 02:50, 04 August 18
Well, I made a cleaning yesterday but it didn't improved. A while ago, after reading the most recent messages, I tried another SDCard and I'm afraid it finally has died  :'(  : it restarted once without showing the M4 message but it doesn't start anymore. Aparently, it starts as usual (a green blink and then fixed blue) but the CPC doesn't start. My CPC seems to work fine without my poor M4.

Is there any testing or trouble shooting to do?
Yes. Download http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag5.zip and unpack "M4FIRM.BIN" + "ESPFIRM.BIN" to root of the microSD, power on the M4 with the microSD inserted and let it run for 3-4 mins.
Afterwards there should be a file called "report.txt" in the root directory, if the file contains ESP SR 0xFF endless, another ESP flashchip is dead and you will need to return it to me for replacement if not send/paste the contents of report.txt

MikeSDK

Quote from: Duke on 19:42, 02 August 18
Good,
And also not rom slot 0 (or you'd be replacing basic).
And if you pick above rom 7 on a 464 it would not be initialized or rom 15 on a 664/6128, unless using special roms.
It shouldn't.
It wont see the rom until you either do |ROMUPD or power cycle the CPC.

Have you tried to use |m4help to list roms after a power cycle?

Can you attach any one of them here, so I can test? - Maybe there's something with the header....

EDIT:
Maybe you are loading them from a floppy disk ?
For the |romup command they have to be on the microSD card.
All ROMs are on the SD card, and once I've |romup'ed anything I no longer have any M4 commands working to do anything. Cycle the power, nothing to be found in ROM slots.. However, since I got the network part working I've been able to upload and install the ROMs via the web interface, and after a power cycle they did work with all 32 slots since I installed the booster.rom in slot 15. So while I couldn't get it to work locally, I did manage to work around it via the network functionality.
As for attaching the ROMs here, I frankly don't know how. All the ROMs I've tried to install came from links on this site - Utopia, Maxam, QuickCMD, Nirvana, etc..

MiguelSky

Quote from: Duke on 06:41, 04 August 18
Yes. Download http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4diag5.zip and unpack "M4FIRM.BIN" + "ESPFIRM.BIN" to root of the microSD, power on the M4 with the microSD inserted and let it run for 3-4 mins.
Afterwards there should be a file called "report.txt" in the root directory, if the file contains ESP SR 0xFF endless, another ESP flashchip is dead and you will need to return it to me for replacement if not send/paste the contents of report.txt
Ufff, at least the chip seems not to be dead!

Duke

Quote from: MiguelSky on 09:42, 04 August 18
Ufff, at least the chip seems not to be dead!
The file is pure garbage.

Does the M4 work without microSD inserted? Seems like the microSD screwed up.

Quote from: MikeSDK on 09:17, 04 August 18
As for attaching the ROMs here, I frankly don't know how. All the ROMs I've tried to install came from links on this site - Utopia, Maxam, QuickCMD, Nirvana, etc..
You press the "+" sign below the post reply window and under attach you pick "browse.." and select the rom file, then OK and press insert attachment.
And please paste exact command so I can replicate, ie.
|romup,"maxam.bin",5
|romupd

MiguelSky

Ok! I tried now with my old SD.

BTW, when I created both reports, CPC started: the old report without M4 ROM message; the last report, with M4 ROM message.

Duke

Quote from: MiguelSky on 00:19, 05 August 18
Ok! I tried now with my old SD.

BTW, when I created both reports, CPC started: the old report without M4 ROM message; the last report, with M4 ROM message.

Ok thanks. According to the new report.txt, it's fine internally. Does it work now?  - you may have to delete romslots.bin and romconfig.bin, if those are bad or perhaps format the microSD entirely, to start fresh.