Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 09:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Duke

Quote from: robcfg on 18:27, 03 October 19
See video here: https://mega.nz/#!9h1jHC4A!oyCq27-bc4VH46_G-anoAly0cQhC6DN1DzzjiRXXEO8
Thanks. Looks like it is constantly triggering the NMI button (which I assume is not present).
Can you check the PCB if IO4 or IO5 somehow is shorted to GND on the rail or by the ESP side.

robcfg

#2501
I've checked with a multimeter and both beep if I hit them and any ground pins...

Duke

Quote from: robcfg on 19:31, 03 October 19
I've checked with a multimeter and both beep if I hit them and any ground pins...
There should be around 800 ohm resistance between GND on those IO's, so it will beep, but not have 0 resistance (if all is OK).

robcfg

IO5 has 626Ω resistance and IO4 has only 548Ω.


They are not zero, but lower than the 800 you told me. Is that ok?

Duke

Quote from: robcfg on 20:34, 03 October 19
They are not zero, but lower than the 800 you told me. Is that ok?
Sounds fine. Don't know why this happens. Noone else has had this issue afaik.
You are welcome to send it back for inspection and I'll fix/replace it.

Duke

#2505
Quote from: zhulien on 10:19, 30 July 19
The > however seems to pass the >info.txt up to the server which confuses the server - I can make my server aware of it, however other servers won't know what to do.  Any chance instead of >info.txt to have an optional 2nd parameter?
I have now inspected this issue and the ">filename" is not send to the server, it is correctly stripped as it should be, so I don't see how it would confuse the server?
As for adding the filename as a 2nd parameter, I could but then again I am sure it is very easy to have some Basic string parsing fix it to your needs (just ask in the forum and I am sure some of the locomotive basic guru's has an easy method).

Log line from my server:
spinpoint.org:80 - - - [05/Oct/2019:08:52:43 +0200] "GET /cpc/m4info.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 37041 "-" "m4"

XeNoMoRPH

#2506
QuoteAmstrad CPC464 Web Server


http://oldservers.ddns.net:1984/sd/CPC464.html
EDIT:
someone hacked the page, please @Duke  we need some protection options on the M4:

* Allow config only on LAN
* Allow SD navigation only on LAN
* Set Read/Write Passwd
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Duke

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 09:20, 07 October 19

http://oldservers.ddns.net:1984/sd/CPC464.html
EDIT:
someone hacked the page, please @Duke  we need some protection options on the M4:

* Allow config only on LAN
* Allow SD navigation only on LAN
* Set Read/Write Passwd
Maybe as a quick fix they could set write protect flag of the "CPC464.html" file on the microSD.

pelrun

Well whoever did it wasn't a random yahoo... guess that rules out GUNHED. ;D


And some other random yahoo just unhacked it  8)

GUNHED

Do you think that's funny? All I do is to contribute to the CPC scene - since decades - in so many ways. The trolling and bullying I leave to others.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2022.03.09)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Glook

#2510
hi all,

question : my m4 is connected on the wifi, i can access to it with http://cpc6128 with a browser under WINDOWS but...

how to do the same thing with a browser under Ubuntu or Linux Mint , neither with http://cpc6128.local (it works with the IP but not with the netbios name)

could someone help me, please ?


[EDIT] : autoanwser ;) : put in /etc/hosts the line 192.168.1.XX CPC6128

zhulien

Quote from: Duke on 09:58, 05 October 19
I have now inspected this issue and the ">filename" is not send to the server, it is correctly stripped as it should be, so I don't see how it would confuse the server?
As for adding the filename as a 2nd parameter, I could but then again I am sure it is very easy to have some Basic string parsing fix it to your needs (just ask in the forum and I am sure some of the locomotive basic guru's has an easy method).

Log line from my server:
spinpoint.org:80 - - - [05/Oct/2019:08:52:43 +0200] "GET /cpc/m4info.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 37041 "-" "m4"


Hi Duke, 


Thanks for looking, a typical server request I make is as follows:


http://8bitology.net/ws.php?function=system_getapiversion
Response: 1::1


or


http://8bitology.net/ws.php?function=system_getdatabasename
response: 1::Development


The response I put into a file. Previous to the current versions of the M4 ROM, it would always put them into a file called ws.php which worked, but wasn't ideal.  Not sure why the >filename.txt  causes it to fail.


You should be able to fetch the above URLs and get the content.

VincentGR

OK, totally useless video but I like making these  ;D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPSA9m2wEn4

shifters74

Compared to an unturbo C64 tape that was pretty fast!!   :o

I remember when some games took 20 minutes to load! on the 64!!

Fun comparison though!!

Shifters

VincentGR

Actually there are 12-15min games (multiload)
You can "compress" some games with Discology writing them at 3600baud.
About the C64, I have the perfect recipe.
I compress them at very high rates i.e a 12min game to 3.
The funny thing is that they work on a non turbo datassette :-)

Duke

Quote from: VincentGR on 10:39, 11 October 19
OK, totally useless video but I like making these  ;D
Atleast you could have compared to a C64 disc drive for even measures, but I guess it would have been even slower :)

@zhulien:
Thanks, will check it out tomorrow.


shifters74

Actually turbo tape and disk loaders were very common for the C64 so load times were pretty good - but the base speed of the floppy was slow but the drives were a must have on the C64 and as it was serial could daisy chain with 4 drives, printers etc.

Used to have a disk notcher - a hole punch for making write notches on the side of the 5.25 floppies so you could use both sides in the drive as the 1541 was single sided.

I must admit to using a TZXDuino like this ( https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/539346169/tzxduino-cassette-player-replacement-for?ref=related-2 ) for the amstrad from time to time - just for old times sake on the 6128.  Ditto on the C64 and BBC.  Most of the time of course its M4 the whole way!  :laugh:

shifters

VincentGR

I have to make that question again  ;D


Is there a possibility for M4 support with Double Dragon (the good version)

Duke

Quote from: zhulien on 19:44, 09 October 19
http://8bitology.net/ws.php?function=system_getdatabasename
response: 1::Development

If I type:
|httpget,"8bitology.net/ws.php?function=system_getdatabasename>z.txt"

it creates the file z.txt with contents:
1::Development

So seems to be working just fine...

Duke

#2519
Quote from: VincentGR on 16:20, 12 October 19
I have to make that question again  ;D


Is there a possibility for M4 support with Double Dragon (the good version)
It still works fine if you use the "modified lowerrom" or set M4 to rom 7. :)
Just for you:

https://youtu.be/fhyWFTJD1Qg

CACH crack from http://cpccrackers.free.fr/Downloads/

XeNoMoRPH

Hey @Duke !!! , when are you going to surprise us with another new firmware version?  :laugh:
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Duke

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 20:32, 13 October 19
Hey @Duke !!! , when are you going to surprise us with another new firmware version?  :laugh:
If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise ;)

Nah, only have 2 small fixes currently. I would like to do some fixes to the hack menu when I find some time. - Trouble is when you haven't touched something like that for months, it takes some time to get into it all again. Ie. I used most of my spare time this weekend for some re-factoring and additions/fixes for Imperium Solo.

VincentGR

#2522
Oh shit!
This ROM is on 31 slot at mine but I don't have this specific disk image  :doh:
M4 ROM is at 6 (if you count 0 is 7???)


Time to search again and put the original disk back in the box.



zhulien

Quote from: Duke on 20:02, 13 October 19
If I type:
|httpget,"8bitology.net/ws.php?function=system_getdatabasename>z.txt"

it creates the file z.txt with contents:
1::Development

So seems to be working just fine...


hmm, i will test my code more - i will make sure i test my code more in future too.  But what got was what I had expected. thanks for checking

VincentGR

Finally found it (Double Dragon)  ;D


I couldn't load it at first as some other software like Nirvana.
The problem is my autoexec.bas.
I have a line mounting the M4FRONT command to "." key so I don't have to type it every time.
This is the main problem as it gives a syntax error.
When I remove the autoexec works like a charm.


Thanks again.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod