News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

180 (85.3%)
25 (11.8%)
2 (0.9%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 211

eto

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:42, 27 March 24, the price was.... 500 euros😂
it still is. It wasn't sold yet.

Gryzor

Quote from: eto on 10:09, 27 March 24
Quote from: Gryzor on 08:42, 27 March 24, the price was.... 500 euros😂
it still is. It wasn't sold yet.
Yeah, I mean before I removed the link. Hope it stays unsold.

Solo Kazuki

Quote from: gerald on 16:41, 25 February 24Not C4CPC return in its actual form due to skyrocket price of the component and the obsolescence of the PLD.
A new version is in the pipe, but will be ready when it's ready  ;D
Please count me as one of interested people in new batch of C4CPC.

scorp6128+

Quote from: gerald on 16:41, 25 February 24Not C4CPC return in its actual form due to skyrocket price of the component and the obsolescence of the PLD.
Fantastic news. ;D
Please count me for one on the list.
Thank you very much.

gaos74

Ythcal

Hey Gerald, I'm interested, too, so put me on the list please  ::)

abalore

Just a reminder that the C4CPC is not for Plus/GX4000 only, it's a great device for playing in the CPC too with the cartridge adapter. The converted game library playable in all platforms is extensive.

dodogildo

Quote from: abalore on 11:31, 02 June 24for playing in the CPC too with the cartridge adapter
Hmm, I think you're referring to Play2CPC. Where to buy this from?
M'enfin!

abalore

Quote from: dodogildo on 13:01, 02 June 24
Quote from: abalore on 11:31, 02 June 24for playing in the CPC too with the cartridge adapter
Hmm, I think you're referring to Play2CPC. Where to buy this from?
Hello, either Plus2CPC or Play2PC. I have some stock for Plus2CPC 4.3 (final version) for 25 + shipping, in either edge or MX4 connector. PM me if you are interested.

The difference is that Play2CPC adds extra sound channels and 512K volatile ROM for future purposes, but there is not stock of it now and will take some time to make a batch.

hsimpson

@abalore: I'm interested in Plus2CPC v4. Shipping would be to Poland.

@gerald, I'm interested, too. Put me on the list please. Thanks :)

dodogildo

Quote from: abalore on 13:42, 02 June 24I have some stock for Plus2CPC 4.3 (final version)

Of course I want it! :)
Will PM.
M'enfin!

xesrjb

I would like to take one...

xesrjb 
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

abalore

Made a video showing the C4CPC + Plus2CPC working together:

GUNHED

Eventually it became a real C4CPC = Cartridge for CPC  :) :) :) :) :)

Offtopic: It would be of great interest for programmers to release the hardware documentation of the Plus2CPC and the C4CPC in great detail - just to mention it  ;) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

abalore

Quote from: GUNHED on 14:40, 03 June 24Eventually it became a real C4CPC = Cartridge for CPC  :) :) :) :) :)

Offtopic: It would be of great interest for programmers to release the hardware documentation of the Plus2CPC and the C4CPC in great detail - just to mention it ;) :)

The Plus2CPC doesn't require any special programming.

If maps the cartridge as follows:

- slot 0 to Lower ROM / Upper &80 (OS)
- slot 1 to Upper 0 / Upper &81 (BASIC)
- slot 3 to Upper 7 / Upper &83 (AMSDOS)

all other slots to &80 + number

That's basic Plus cartridge behaviour. It doesn't fully decode RMR2 to set other exotic mappings as the Play2CPC does. That's only required for it to serve as full external replacement for the internal Plus cartridge port, but as far as I know no software uses it but maybe the Burning Rubber + BASIC cartridge.

Programming of a cartridge game is just enable/disable lower and upper ROM when needed, and change slot with OUT &DF,n

zhulien

If we have a plus2cpc and a pity, does that allow alcon to work with full sound?

abalore

Quote from: zhulien on 16:57, 03 June 24If we have a plus2cpc and a pity, does that allow alcon to work with full sound?
But fortunately you can add a PlayCity, or a CPCOPN3 board (my next development to make public), which adds 15 new sounds channels to the CPC: 3 AY, 6 FM, 6 drum kit

By the way, I already have a game done that takes advantage of the FM music! More news soon

zhulien

Quote from: abalore on 17:58, 03 June 24
Quote from: zhulien on 16:57, 03 June 24If we have a plus2cpc and a pity, does that allow alcon to work with full sound?
But fortunately you can add a PlayCity, or a CPCOPN3 board (my next development to make public), which adds 15 new sounds channels to the CPC: 3 AY, 6 FM, 6 drum kit

By the way, I already have a game done that takes advantage of the FM music! More news soon
I like the sound of the drum kit, but I am yet to hear an FM sound card that sounds better than AY

abalore

Quote from: zhulien on 18:09, 03 June 24
Quote from: abalore on 17:58, 03 June 24

I like the sound of the drum kit, but I am yet to hear an FM sound card that sounds better than AY

Taste is a very personal thing. Here you can hear the FM sound in the CPC speaker!

zhulien

Do those fm sound card use a midi compatible syntax or something else?

abalore

Quote from: zhulien on 00:03, 04 June 24Do those fm sound card use a midi compatible syntax or something else?
It plays VGM files

VGM files can have FM, AY or both simultaneously. Also drum kit tracks.