General Category > Amstrad CPC hardware

Amstrad GX4000 / Plus cartridge PCB

(1/7) > >>

Chinnery:
I'm releasing my current design for the Amstrad Plus Cartridge PCB.

There is one known issue as far as I'm aware - if you have a reset switch on your Plus machine, there is about a 50/50 chance the board will not initialise properly if not using the Acid option. A power cycle ALWAYS initialises properly. I know there is a fix for this but help has not been forthcoming.

The 2 diagrams attached aught to help with component options for the Acid variant and Non-acid variant. Obviously you will always need an eprom. I have labelled on the silk screen what components go where so it should be easy to sort out.

The ZIP file contains both the eagle design schematics and the board layout file, so people who like to tinker can. There is a sub folder called "gerbers" which you can just upload to your PCB manufacturer of choice to get them produced. I've tried both JLCPCB and Seeed Studio Fusion with great results.

Enjoy!

TotO:
Cool! Any project with it?  :)
Yes, the no acid design (nocash) have this known problem.

00WReX:
Very nice of you to provide this to the community.

Excellent work.

Thank you.
Cheers,
Shane

Chinnery:

--- Quote from: TotO on 12:39, 27 May 19 ---Cool! Any project with it?  :)

--- End quote ---
No projects - all my project seem to reference the wrong items anyway  ;D  (Eagle noob)

--- Quote from: TotO on 12:39, 27 May 19 ---Yes, the no acid design (nocash) have this known problem.

--- End quote ---
I've heard there is a workaround, but I've had no joy in finding this out. I use these for GX4000 stuff anyway, so no great harm.

Bryce:

--- Quote from: Chinnery on 13:31, 27 May 19 ---No projects - all my project seem to reference the wrong items anyway  ;D  (Eagle noob)
I've heard there is a workaround, but I've had no joy in finding this out. I use these for GX4000 stuff anyway, so no great harm.

--- End quote ---

The workaround would most likely involve taking the reset signal to the cartridge which wouldn't be praticle or at least mean modding the CPC.

Bryce.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version