News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC 464 - Oh what a feeling!

Started by Neil79, 11:02, 20 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

Oh good morning Amstrad CPC 464, I haven't seen you since I was 6 years old!
Thanks to Retro Cavern for an awesome delivery !! The Retro Cavern - Classic Video Games, Hardware and Systems

It felt... So strange... Holding it  :laugh:
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

EgoTrip

I've got one of those but the tape deck on mine is broken :(

Neil79

Quote from: EgoTrip on 11:11, 20 August 15
I've got one of those but the tape deck on mine is broken :(

:(

Apparently this one was tested and working, will find out tonight  :)  Let the squealing commence!
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

EgoTrip

Quote from: Neil79 on 11:20, 20 August 15

:(

Apparently this one was tested and working, will find out tonight  :)  Let the squealing commence!

So was mine. It only cos £30 with a monitor and load of games, some of which I offloaded so net cost was about £25 in total. I'm not too bothered though cos I bought one of those things for car radios and use that with an external tape player. However it means no saving anything which sucks, and ideally I need to get mine repaired but its too much to post to Bryce.

But here's hoping yours fares better than mine did.

Neil79

Awesome, so much nostalgia with the Amstrad CPC and it's all working :D

EgoTrip

I'll have that 6128 if your not longer using it

Gryzor

How much beauty in a couple of photos[nb]yeah, I need to set my priorities straight[/nb] :)

Token

Congrat, looks in great condition and great colors keys. Price?
Enjoy the rasters, tape sound and hypno c000 to cfff lines intro pic  :D
nice 6128 too!
I'm thinking to collect a lot of standalone files and convert with otla, I have yet a bunch that load in 15 sec, almost disk speed (no CAT no copy/arrows key or name type), just ctrl enter, play.

Neil79

Quote from: EgoTrip on 18:18, 20 August 15
I'll have that 6128 if your not longer using it

;) I'm waiting for the disk drive to come back from Bryce ;)

However on this thing I tried 50% of my tapes and it chewed up Shadow of the Beast  :laugh:

EgoTrip

Quote from: Neil79 on 19:02, 20 August 15

;) I'm waiting for the disk drive to come back from Bryce ;)

However on this thing I tried 50% of my tapes and it chewed up Shadow of the Beast  :laugh:

I think it did you a favour there.

Neil79

Quote from: EgoTrip on 19:28, 20 August 15
I think it did you a favour there.

It was really weird, it was the only one that did it! Any idea why?  :'(

EgoTrip

No idea, probably dirt or something on the tape causing it to get stuck in the roller, or maybe the tape drive just didn't want to put you through the disappointment of a bad game. See if it does it on something like Hunchback or Home Runner to test the latter theory.

Bryce

Quote from: Neil79 on 19:32, 20 August 15

It was really weird, it was the only one that did it! Any idea why?  :'(

Some old tapes start losing their magnetic surface and the "skin" they loose is sticky and clings to the pinchwheels, causing them to be "eaten". The tape is the problem, not the deck, but I'd clean the pinch wheels because it will have left crap on them.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 19:50, 20 August 15
Some old tapes start losing their magnetic surface and the "skin" they loose is sticky and clings to the pinchwheels, causing them to be "eaten". The tape is the problem, not the deck, but I'd clean the pinch wheels because it will have left crap on them.

Bryce.
Sticky crap at that. Yuck.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Neil79

Ah right, thanks  ;D

It needs a clean anyway, going to do that now