News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Buying a joystick

Started by kribjo, 12:23, 18 January 13

Previous topic - Next topic

kribjo

Hi,

I'm looking for a joystick (a new one preferably). Amigakit.com don't have in stock.
Any tip for where I should look?

Regards,

Bjørn

Bryce

Any particular type? Have you asked on amibay?

Bryce.

kribjo

Have not checked Amibay, will do. Thanks.

Back in the days I had a Competition Pro which I cannot find anymore. But I don't really have a preference.

Bjørn

Bryce

The Competition Pro is being produced again. There's a few places selling them, such as here: http://www.protovision-online.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=110  (This place is out of stock though)
You may find a local seller however if you take a look.

Bryce.

XFile2708

I've always used the Zipstick as my weapon of choice  8)

ced64k

Quote from: Bryce on 13:59, 18 January 13
The Competition Pro is being produced again. There's a few places selling them, such as here: http://www.protovision-online.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=110  (This place is out of stock though)
You may find a local seller however if you take a look.

Bryce.

Strange it's out of stock on Vesalia too
Vesalia Online - Competition Pro Retro

Discontinued ?

ralferoo

If you don't mind soldering, you might like to build your own. I still haven't got round to actually doing this yet despite buying the joystick and button months ago because I'm still trying to find a suitable box, but these are properly nice to use - all clicky and arcadey: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADE-MACHINE-2-X-JOYSTICKS-16-BUTTONS-SET-MAME-JAMMA-/271043136164

Normally, I'd say it's quite expensive, but seeing the prices on those websites for the competition pro, i'm not sure... (Also, weren't joysticks about a fiver back in the day?"

emuola

Quote from: ralferoo on 23:34, 18 January 13
If you don't mind soldering, you might like to build your own. I still haven't got round to actually doing this yet despite buying the joystick and button months ago because I'm still trying to find a suitable box, but these are properly nice to use - all clicky and arcadey: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADE-MACHINE-2-X-JOYSTICKS-16-BUTTONS-SET-MAME-JAMMA-/271043136164

Normally, I'd say it's quite expensive, but seeing the prices on those websites for the competition pro, i'm not sure... (Also, weren't joysticks about a fiver back in the day?"

The prices have gone up dramatically :( I've tried to find those "remake" Competition Pros for several months, but they're out of stock everywhere... I managed to find a couple of brand new Konix Speedkings for ~15 €/piece (ebay.co.uk), which was not bad if you ask me.

Ian Gledhill at http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/index.php told me a while back that he has joysticks, so I'd ask him. The customer service is top notch!
Amstrad CPC 6128+ and internal HxC floppy emulator

Bryce

Ian is a member of this Forum, he might answer you here.

Bryce.

ced64k

I received a reply :
QuoteIndividual Computers Tech Support tech@support.icomp.de
Thank you for your request. I currently have no plans to produce more Competition PRO joysticks.
Jens Schönfeld