News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

C4CPC 3D printed cartridge

Started by gerald, 12:08, 16 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

seanb

It is refreshing to read an article about an Amstrad product without the usual comparisons to other 8 bit machines.

A fair article that focus' on the gx4000 only and the community is involved in.

A good and fair read.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Munchausen

My C4CPC printed case arrived a couple of days ago from shapeways, via all3dp, and it's really nice.

I haven't got my C4CPC yet, but I'm guessing that it fits well :)

A really nice article and a great offer. Thanks to Matthias, Bulent, and all at all3dp.com

Executioner

Have they stopped the $1 offer? Can't seem to find it anywhere on the all3dp link provided?

Munchausen

Quote from: Executioner on 22:28, 14 February 16
Have they stopped the $1 offer? Can't seem to find it anywhere on the all3dp link provided?

Seems like it :(

Kris

I have ordered one few eeks ago but still no feedback; not sure I will received it one day :(

Dizrythmia

Quote from: Kris on 11:02, 15 February 16
I have ordered one few eeks ago but still no feedback; not sure I will received it one day :(
Same here. I ordered it & received the invoice from Mathias on the 10th but have heard nothing since. I know on here he mentioned that they are processing orders but if I wasn't a member of this forum I'd be wondering what was going on by now...

TotO

I think that we are many to have asked for the $1 offer.
So, we have to wait now...  :-\

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Dizrythmia

Quote from: TotO on 14:22, 15 February 16
I think that we are many to have asked for the $1 offer.
So, we have to wait now...  :-\
You're probably right :)

ukmarkh

I only seem able to get the option to buy it at £20.84 [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukmarkh

I've followed all the instructions, the £1 thing definitely isn't working, and when you click on the cheapest, which works out at about $12, the site reckons it can take up to 2 or 10 minutes to calculate the price. Then the price shoots up. The other problem is a lot of 'em don't deliver to the UK  :-[  I think it's a con with the pricing structure, be careful... 

TotO

Because the cool story about the GX4000 and the success of this $1 printed shell, I hope they should allow to offer it like a permanent item on their shop for a good price instead of having to upload and pay "too much" for the final use.  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ukmarkh

ALL3DP don't impress me much!   

OCT

Quote from: ukmarkh on 17:11, 17 February 16
ALL3DP don't impress me much!
Sounds better than earlier "wishes" at least. ::)
Fine-tuning their customer(&fab) interactions is what the offer's all about I guess.
You might also try https://www.meltwerk.com with C4CPC_OnePiece.stl (doesn't get rejected without reasons anymore, unlike earlier in this thread) with the "10€ off" Bar2016 voucher if they allow it for that model.
Inversely to Ford, there "you can get any color as long as it's WHITE (sintered polyamide)".

ukmarkh

The one piece .stl file, can this be broken down easily into two separate files?

The chap who can print this for me lives local, but he needs the files separating?

Munchausen

Quote from: ukmarkh on 12:18, 18 February 16
The one piece .stl file, can this be broken down easily into two separate files?

The chap who can print this for me lives local, but he needs the files separating?

It was posted as one file with two pieces earlier in the thread if that helps?

ukmarkh

Quote from: Munchausen on 12:46, 18 February 16
It was posted as one file with two pieces earlier in the thread if that helps?

I must have missed it, searching now!

ukmarkh

Could someone kindly repost the link, It's really difficult trying to find using my phone  :(

Munchausen

Quote from: ukmarkh on 13:22, 18 February 16
Could someone kindly repost the link, It's really difficult trying to find using my phone  :(

It's in this post: C4CPC 3D printed cartridge

This is the download link but not sure that will work from here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/c4c4c-3d-printed-cartridge/?action=dlattach;attach=17626

ukmarkh

Munchausen

My C4CPC arrived over the weekend and it fits the $1 shapeways case perfectly. The whole thing is so professional and cool looking I'm really really happy with it. Thanks Gerald :D

Phantomz

Quote from: Munchausen on 21:04, 21 February 16
My C4CPC arrived over the weekend and it fits the $1 shapeways case perfectly. The whole thing is so professional and cool looking I'm really really happy with it. Thanks Gerald :D

You got a good bargain  :D

I still need to get a couple of these ( will stick with the white one ) haven't got £49.60 for bits of plastic spare at the moment though.  :laugh:  :'(   

dodogildo

Quote from: Munchausen on 21:04, 21 February 16

I just got informed by Mathias of All3DP hat my case's been sent 2 days ago. Excitiiing!
M'enfin!

ukmarkh

I used a local 3D print resource, as postage from mainland Europe to Britain is really expensive, so much for being a member of the EU. £10 all in, waiting with baited breath.

Munchausen

Quote from: ukmarkh on 00:44, 22 February 16
I used a local 3D print resource, as postage from mainland Europe to Britain is really expensive, so much for being a member of the EU. £10 all in, waiting with baited breath.

Yeah it looks as though 3DPRINTUK - SLS 3D Printing Service London | Batch Production | CAD | is about that price. Might order a polished black case at some point.

gerald

Quote from: Munchausen on 11:51, 22 February 16
Yeah it looks as though 3DPRINTUK - SLS 3D Printing Service London | Batch Production | CAD | is about that price. Might order a polished black case at some point.

I've just tried they online quote :

Quotethe minimum order is of GBP 15.00; any smaller order will be increased to the minimum
And add GBP 3 for the VAT.

That's already GBP 18, which is about 23 euro, on par with Shapeways/Sculpteo.
You may just save on shipping to UK.

BTW, they shipping is worst than any other for non UK buyer (GBP 14.4 = 18.4 euro), making the cart cost 41.4 euro for non UK buyer.