News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

C4CPC 3D printed cartridge

Started by gerald, 12:08, 16 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

gerald

The support is needed on both side. I prevent you to crush the cartridge.
I just moved it where it was supposed to be  :D

dthrone

Quote from: gerald on 16:16, 07 September 18
The support is needed on both side. I prevent you to crush the cartridge.
I just moved it where it was supposed to be  :D

Brilliant, thanks for the clarification Gerald!  :D

Bryce

Has anyone tried these files on a CNC machine? A Teak or Walnut wodden cartridge would be cool! :)

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 13:19, 08 September 18
Has anyone tried these files on a CNC machine? A Teak or Walnut wodden cartridge would be cool! :)

Bryce.
It would at least requires a change in the closing mechanism. Clips will surely not survive.
And since it's a process that remove material, there is no reason for thin walls where not needed.
But that would be cool indeed  :)

Bryce

I'd remove the clips and glue the two halves together.

Bryce.

Audronic

Wooden that be nice.   :picard:

(Ray)
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Bryce

Quote from: Audronic on 00:32, 09 September 18
Wooden that be nice.   :picard:

(Ray)

And I was waiting for someone to say "It wooden work" :D

Bryce.

genesis8

Quote from: gerald on 18:20, 05 September 18
New version of the original cartridge shell, proof printed this time  ;D
Zip file contains stl file and freeCad file

Can someone point me the best place to make the shell using this file either directly in Paris or by mail order ?

I have a new toy to test, but I prefer to protect it first.

genesis8

I have a new toy at home, printing my own C4CPC shell at the moment !

00WReX

Nice.  You'll have to show us how it turns out  :)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

capilam

Hi!

I have a 3D printed case for my C4CPC, thanks to Gerald's design, but I don't know the exact size of the 4 screws needed to close the case. I've been looking online for this information without success.

Could somebody tell me the name/size of the 4 screws needed for the C4CPC case? Thanks a lot!

Update: somebody told me the measurements.Four screws M2 of 12mm. Thanks

siccoyote

Hi just got a C4CPC look forward to trying out all the games.
I don't suppose there is anyone in the UK can sort me out with a printed cart for a good price?
Thanks.

siccoyote

Well you know what they say, give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime, but that doesn't help getting a cart for a c4cpc. So sometimes the guy just has to spend £61 on a 3D printer and make it himself.

Unfortunatly the clips all snapped off when trying to put it together and the pin struggled to fit in the hole, so had to widen it a bit, also the dipswitch block was not 100% flat against the pcb, so maybe that didn't help, but it does hold together pretty well even with all the previous said, and it's gonna spend 99% of it's life inside a GX4000 so it's fit for the job.

Can see why people went for the screw version instead, but this looked prettier.

dthrone

Quote from: siccoyote on 01:14, 29 November 19
Well you know what they say, give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime, but that doesn't help getting a cart for a c4cpc. So sometimes the guy just has to spend £61 on a 3D printer and make it himself.

Unfortunatly the clips all snapped off when trying to put it together and the pin struggled to fit in the hole, so had to widen it a bit, also the dipswitch block was not 100% flat against the pcb, so maybe that didn't help, but it does hold together pretty well even with all the previous said, and it's gonna spend 99% of it's life inside a GX4000 so it's fit for the job.

Can see why people went for the screw version instead, but this looked prettier.

Doesn't look bad for homemade and nice coloured plastic!

siccoyote

Quote from: dthrone on 01:56, 29 November 19

Doesn't look bad for homemade and nice coloured plastic!
It's the reel that came with the printer, but yeah is fitting, was thinking I could spray it white, leaving red highlights, but thought better of it.

Printed with the XYZ Nano on PLA plastic.

Bryce

You know you've ran out of things to do over the Christmas break, when you spend the entire day making a wooden cartridge case for your C4CPC...Is this a first? And yes, I know, I still have to drill the holes for the LEDs (and varnish it).

Bryce.

Gryzor

This looks really great!! Some fine filing and varnish and it's a piece of art! (Well almost)

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:08, 03 January 20
This looks really great!! Some fine filing and varnish and it's a piece of art! (Well almost)

A lot of filing, some work with a lighter (removes the fine splitters) and a few coats of varnish. This is just attempt number one though. My final goal is to make one in dark Teak wood or walnut (because I really am a bit mad).

Bryce.

Gryzor

Why stop there, all family heirlooms should have some semi previous stones embedded 😄

remax

Quote from: Bryce on 16:37, 03 January 20
You know you've ran out of things to do

*cough*
CPC Laptop
CPC Tape Sound Level Indicator
*cough*

:D
Brain Radioactivity

Bryce

Quote from: remax on 21:41, 03 January 20

*cough*
CPC Laptop
CPC Tape Sound Level Indicator
*cough*

:D
Believe it or not, I've actually started the laptop project again. Unfortunately, I've spotted a serious mistake I made and I'm not sure I can resolve it. I may need a different laptop case.

Bryce.

Bryce

Ok, consider this finished. Three rounds of sanding and varnishing. If I continue there'll be no wood left. Haven't had this much wrist action since I was a single student! The first wooden C4CPC cartridge case! And who said it wooden work  :picard: ...

Bryce.

Audronic

@Bryce

Well Done.
"And who said it wooden work".
Not Me.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

remax

Quote from: Bryce on 19:24, 04 January 20
Ok, consider this finished. Three rounds of sanding and varnishing. If I continue there'll be no wood left. Haven't had this much wrist action since I was a single student! The first wooden C4CPC cartridge case! And who said it wooden work  :picard: ...

Bryce.

Dear Bryce,

You will recall in my email to you of 7th March that the MINIMUM length for the carving must be 10 inches along the longest length. I quote for the instructions:

1. The carving can be any size you choose but must be a MINIMUM of 10 inches along the longest length. Obviously you will need to take into consideration the weight of the carving so that the shipping cost is not to great for you, however, remember that we will of course reimburse your shipping costs in full on receipt of the artwork. As an example to you, the normal LENGTH of this particular carving along the longest length is 14 inches. You may make your bigger or smaller but no bigger than 20 inches along the longest length.

When the carving arrived there seemed to be a small amount of damage, however this is not the problem. During the shipping process something must have happened to the wood (perhaps the temperature changes?) because when the carving arrived and I inspected it, the length of the carving is very small, at only five inches along the longest length. This is half the minimum site as stated to you on 7th March.

The strange thing is that the box you shipped the carving in seems to be much bigger than the carving inside, which leads me to think that there has been some kind of shrinkage due to either the temperature changes or a combination of this and the type of week used.

I will of course be most happy to supply you with photographs of the carving to show you exactly what I mean.

I do not know if the board members will be prepared to accept this however I cannot tell you for certain now until Monday morning (we do not work over the weekends obviously).

Please let me know if you need any photographs and also let me know if you have some explanation for what may have happened.

Sincerely,
Derek Trotter - Director
Trotters Fine Arts
www.deltrotter.co.uk
Brain Radioactivity

Bryce

@remax: Excellent, but most people here will have no idea what you're talking about :D

Oh, and last night I realised I'd made one of the notches in the side too small and started filing all over again  :picard:

Bryce.