News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

C4cpc

Started by charlionline, 20:23, 28 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

charlionline

Hi,  I'd like to buy a GX4000 and a C4cpc,  this hardware is like an Everdrive?  Can I load in a Sd-card any cpc game and run it?  Thanks from Spain

Enviado desde mi Blade S6 mediante Tapatalk

TFM

No, it only runs Cartridges. A list can be found in the Wiki. See there:

Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

charlionline

I don't understand,  sorry....you can only have one cartridge at the SD at once?

TFM

No, you can have lots of Carts, but no disc games. Check the Wiki article, it's all in there.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

charlionline

Hi. My c4cpc works perfectly.  We have a bar in Palma de Mallorca with lots of old consoles,  the Amstrad GX4000 is our last one,  take a look: www.sohobarpalma.com

Enviado desde mi Blade S6 mediante Tapatalk

Kris

Next time in Palma de mallorca, I will visit you for sure :)

seanb

Very nice.
You aren't using the official amstrad plug are you?
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

charlionline

No, I followed the gerald post,  thanks

www.sohobarpalma.com

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Sounds like the Loading Bar in Dalston, London.

Anyway, now I have a GX4000 on its way to me, I need to get hold of a C4CPC! And a PSU for the GX4000. And controllers (can I use standard Megadrive controllers? With an adaptor?)

TFM

Why is it called a C4CPC when it only works with 464 Plus, 6128 Plus and GX4000, but not with the CPC?  :-X
TFM of FutureSoft

gerald

Quote from: TFM on 18:46, 17 March 16
Why is it called a C4CPC when it only works with 464 Plus, 6128 Plus and GX4000, but not with the CPC?  :-X
'cause I wanted to have a lot of C in the name and Plus does not have any  ;D

CraigsBar

Oh god, not back to the plus is not a CPC argument again. Even tho it is not on the case the plus is every bit CPC. Or are you suggesting it is not a Colour Personal Computer? [emoji6]
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Quote from: gerald on 19:17, 17 March 16
'cause I wanted to have a lot of C in the name and Plus does not have any  ;D

Hmm... Triple-C so... I like that! :)

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:49, 17 March 16Oh god, not back to the plus is not a CPC argument again. Even tho it is not on the case the plus is every bit CPC. Or are you suggesting it is not a Colour Personal Computer?

Only when using a MM12.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

Zoe Robinson

Because it sounds better than PlusPlus?

Bryce

If he'd called it Plus Four then you'd only get pictures of questionable trouser fashion from the early 20th century when searching for it: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-84Tz9JLkkI4/VQRUXR-6qQI/AAAAAAABWWo/7NkLCxvB6WE/s1600/Cambridge%2Bundergraduates%2Bin%2Bplus%2Bfours,%2B1926.jpg

:D

Bryce.

robcfg

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 00:08, 18 March 16

Because it sounds better than PlusPlus?

Because then it would have been C Plus Plus, and that name is already taken...  ;D

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 09:18, 18 March 16
If he'd called it Plus Four then you'd only get pictures of questionable trouser fashion from the early 20th century when searching for it: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-84Tz9JLkkI4/VQRUXR-6qQI/AAAAAAABWWo/7NkLCxvB6WE/s1600/Cambridge%2Bundergraduates%2Bin%2Bplus%2Bfours,%2B1926.jpg

:D

Bryce.

Undergrads... tststs.... now an then! Nothing changed.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft