News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

chained joysticks en cpc+?

Started by dragon, 22:07, 04 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Obviously for the GX4000 it's not a solution, but the VN96 is otherwise an excellent expansion, especially because it follows what I always strive to do, maximum function with a minimum of components.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 21:52, 08 October 10
Obviously for the GX4000 it's not a solution, but the VN96 is otherwise an excellent expansion, especially because it follows what I always strive to do, maximum function with a minimum of components.

Bryce.

Right, it's easy to build, cheap and (due to its components, IMHO) reliable. The hardware itself is from the CPC Amstrad International magazine. The Wizcats developped then libraries and games for it, and called it VN96.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

The main problem with the CPC/PLUS range, mostly PLUS, comes from the GX who cruelly lack a proper input/output port...

Could have been so simplified with the Extension port put on it.

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 00:29, 09 October 10
The main problem with the CPC/PLUS range, mostly PLUS, comes from the GX who cruelly lack a proper input/output port...

Could have been so simplified with the Extension port put on it.

Right, then it's a 464 Plus  ;)

Personally I don't care if my prods run on an GX4000
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

QuoteRight, then it's a 464 Plus
the 464+ was even a greater industrial miustake (some say the PLUS range alone is...of course).

the correct plus range should have had only the console and the 6128+...both should have been 128k RAM and GX4000 should have got a keyboard port (compatible with PC or PCW perhaps), a tape (or audio-CD) port and and extension port.

And the 6128+ should have got a Tape port then, and cost the price of the 464+...

Bryce

It's easy to add a Tape port to a 6128+, upgrading a 464+ or GX isn't.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:29, 12 October 10
.... and GX4000 should have got a keyboard port (compatible with PC or PCW perhaps), a tape (or audio-CD) port and and extension port.

Who needs a tape port? No serious user is using it since we have floppy discs. And why a PC keyboard??? That makes it just one thing: INcompatible.

Why do you want to make the GX a computer? Leave it like it is! If you don't want to have a console then get the computer!
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 15:14, 12 October 10
It's easy to add a Tape port to a 6128+, upgrading a 464+ or GX isn't.

Bryce.

Well, as long as you are capable to solder wires at the ASIC it's not a problem to make a CPC Plus out of a GX4000 (which has the advantage of the SCART port). But I know only one single person who did it: The Cranium. And he told me alredy a couple of years ago, that his fingers don't have to precision any longer to solder that 0.25 mm pins.
But yes, take time and precision, then you can do it  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

I can't remember who it was that asked me (getting old), but someone wanted to connect a CD player with "tape audio" programmes to a 6128+, So I did the schematic for them.

Bryce.

jbaudrand

Quote from: TFM/FS on 21:10, 12 October 10

Who needs a tape port? No serious user is using it since we have floppy discs. And why a PC keyboard??? That makes it just one thing: INcompatible.

Why do you want to make the GX a computer? Leave it like it is! If you don't want to have a console then get the computer!

When you don't have 3"5 disk drive nor Sdcart reader on your CPC, like me, convert MP3 to disk via tape input and discology is the only way for me to test my prog on real cpc... maybe you know another way?

TFM

Hey, get a 3.5" drive!!! They cost 5 Euros or so, then get a cable for another 5 Euros. That's cheap :-)))
TFM of FutureSoft

jbaudrand

:) I don't know how to build it by myself (I've see already made one on ebay, but it cost money), and moreover the amstrad belong to my girlfriend's mother=NOT ALLOWED to modify it!!!

TFM

To plug a drive is not a mod  ;)  Check what she does the most with her CPC, then find out how to convince her to get that drive from ebay  ;) ;) ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

jbaudrand

:) Ok I'll try to ask the drive for X'mas, I create a new topic to ask you correct model because it's not the meaning of "chained joystick thread"

TFM

UUps sorry, yes, right. About the chained joysticks, IMHO all questions are answered...
TFM of FutureSoft

jbaudrand

;D Great news i bough a bundle of disk game this afternoon, and the guy give me for free his 6128, of course the disk drive is dead, but... (taking Basil Fawlty's voice) IT's mine!!!!

MacDeath

Lol those 3" disks were so expensive that they gave you an CPC to go with them if you buy a box. :D

TFM

Quote from: jbaudrand on 18:15, 15 October 10
;D Great news i bough a bundle of disk game this afternoon, and the guy give me for free his 6128, of course the disk drive is dead, but... (taking Basil Fawlty's voice) IT's mine!!!!

Great news! The drive belt is replaced easily and you can get it also from ebay or a shop. And then you will need a Y-cable to connect two joysticks (back in topic here...)
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

Do you have a proper monitor with your newly aquired 6128 ? ::)