News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC 464 Keyboard Problem

Started by DoctorCPC, 22:53, 05 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorCPC

my cpc 464 keypad is gone. only the plastic parts are missing. so it mean is keycaps. Since my cpc 464 computer is the old logo cpc 464, when I press the models that I have added the link below, these buttons fit. but the custom buttons are not modeled. What would you recommend for custom buttons? big keys as it is old case cpc 464.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4596135

another problem I have is with cpc 6128. I'm missing a key on my english version cpc 6128 keyboard. this key is straight ones. but I couldn't find a 3d model of the key for the english cpc 6128 anywhere.
What can i do?
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

DoctorCPC

Keycaps for my amstrad cpc 464 form 3d printer... but was there a spring in between key and plugger?
3 years ago I put the keypad in hot water to clean it. all broken and warped. I'm printing them now. flat keys have 3d model but no different sizes. Was there a spring between the plugger and the key? but at least if i make it i'll have a brandnew keycaps
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)

www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics

DoctorCPC

I don't think anyone has any idea about it. I will also share this project step by step. also I will share details at my blog.

ordinary keys are produced. but special keys pose a big problem. There are no 3d models of special keys. here too i will find a handmade solution. I hope I can.

https://english.volkanatasever.com/?p=88

rpalmer

Quote from: DoctorCPC on 22:53, 05 June 21another problem I have is with cpc 6128. I'm missing a key on my english version cpc 6128 keyboard. this key is straight ones. but I couldn't find a 3d model of the key for the english cpc 6128 anywhere.
What can i do?

Which key on the keyboard is the problem for the 6128?
Are you able to use a CAD program to model your own key cap replacement?

I would look to FreeCAD as it is open source. It may take a while to get use to its interface, but can be good enough to get the job done and there are youtube vids to get an idea of how to use the program.

Also all keys on the CPCs have springs, so if you missing them you will need to source them from somewhere.

rpalmer

DoctorCPC

Just one of the flat(ordinary) keys is missing in the cpc 6128. i can not use cad programme. im very busy working day in weekdays. but good idea for exact solution. cause all of the cpc users need 3d model keycaps for replacement keycaps. so its too hard for me now. my profession is software development. first of all i try to handmade solution but if i dont solve this problem, i can use free cad. thanks rpalmer. It's cheaper to buy a new cpc 464 but my way is the real solution for CPC 464.

DoctorCPC

My CPC Keyboard Project finished... https://amstrad.cpcuserclub.com/?p=62 (for details...)
i reproduce brandnew keys with plugger. amstrad cpc 464 hasnt got membran or springs. it has got rubber switch and keys with plugger.
My CPC 464 with new Keycaps...