News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Diagnostics card RP-1

Started by steve, 11:05, 10 November 12

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

Does anyone know anything about this?

If it is useful, maybe Bryce could make something similar?

There is one listed on ebay now, Amstrad CPC 464 Diagnostics card RP-1 C 1988 | eBay

Bryce

Nice piece of kit and rather rare. The EPROM has a few diagnostic routines on it and the connectors and clips test a few points on the PCB and create feedback loops. It would be nice to see exactly how it works, but it will most likely go for a silly price. I have similar devices for other computers, but I don't have one of these.

Bryce.

steve

Sold for £162.

Hopefully the buyer will create a cpcwiki page for it.

archcosmo

looks interesting as it has the edge card plugs to substitute for the keyboard ribbon cable and plug for the cassette drive - most likely originated either from a 3rd party Amstrad service centre or Amstrad themselves back in the day??

wonder if there was an equivalent  to diagnose the 6128 circuit board? potentially worth silly money also  ;)

Bryce

From the Logo on the PCB, I'd say that it came directly from Amstrad. I assume there were other versions for the other CPCs too.

Bryce.

dragon

Beautiful,I have  a phone number of a person a person who had a oficial amstrad repair service in the 80/90.I know he have a stock of cpcs.and joysticks.. But I never remember to call he  to ask exactly what he have : D.

I'dont know this cartriges,maybe he have any,if  amstrad send they to all amstrad repair service contracted.