News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC 464 Plus Monitor

Started by P5ychoFox, 19:46, 07 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

P5ychoFox

I have a CPC 464 plus monochrome monitor (MM12). I've not seen any of these before, is it a fairly scare model?

Also, I'd really like a colour monitor (CM14), so if anyone has a spare and wants to swap for my MM12, please get in touch.

Gryzor

Article here.

Yes, it's a very scary model :D

Just kidding. It's scarce enough, given that, IMO, marketing-wise it didn't make much (if any) sense: the Plus was a gaming machine top and foremost, so what use is there offering a mono monitor at that late time? I think I've seen one in person, but maybe it was just a dream.

Could you take a pic or two of it switched on and working?

Cheers - and welcome here! :)

ukmarkh

I've got two of the buggers.

P5ychoFox

Here is a video of the MM12 monitor from my YouTube account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Wmn7EY-Wk

Gryzor

This is seriously funny :D Thanks!

Also, I love the 464 Plus models - such a lovely anachronism...

redbox

Quote from: P5ychoFox on 19:46, 07 December 10
Also, I'd really like a colour monitor (CM14), so if anyone has a spare and wants to swap for my MM12, please get in touch.

You could get a SCART lead from eBay for £20 and connect it to a colour (CRT) TV for an easier way of getting a colour display?

P5ychoFox

Yeah I thought about hooking it up to the TV that way, it would be easier and save space but I just love the shape of those Plus monitors :)

P5ychoFox

I've now got a CM14 colour monitor so my MM12 monochrome monitor is now on ebay if anyone is interested. Thanks.

steve

Do you want to sell your cm14  :laugh: please ;)

MacDeath

I may be able to sell one...
But where are you living ? this may cost a lot to ship it from France...

Gryzor

Quote from: P5ychoFox on 15:07, 15 January 11
I've now got a CM14 colour monitor so my MM12 monochrome monitor is now on ebay if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Link?

steve

Quote from: MacDeath on 17:48, 15 January 11
I may be able to sell one...
But where are you living ? this may cost a lot to ship it from France...

I'm in the UK, it would need to be extremely well packed to survive the journey, but I would be interested, Thanks.

Gryzor