News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
L

What's "wrong" with CRTC 2?

Started by LambdaMikel, 17:48, 07 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

What CRTC Type does your CPC have?

CPC 464 Type 0
4 (12.1%)
CPC 464 Type 1
0 (0%)
CPC 464 Type 2
1 (3%)
CPC 464 Type 3
0 (0%)
CPC 464 Type 4
0 (0%)
CPC 664 Type 0
0 (0%)
CPC 664 Type 1
0 (0%)
CPC 664 Type 2
2 (6.1%)
CPC 664 Type 3
0 (0%)
CPC 664 Type 4
0 (0%)
CPC 6128 Type 0
12 (36.4%)
CPC 6128 Type 1
10 (30.3%)
CPC 6128 Type 2
0 (0%)
CPC 6128 Type 3
3 (9.1%)
CPC 6128 Type 4
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Longshot

Some guys here have all crtc type  ;D
Rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

LambdaMikel

Yes, the poll allows more than one vote per user  ;D

For now, added only per CPC option.
I am not sure which ones are impossible configurations, anyway.

Token

Does someone have a 6128 CRTC 2 with that 664 style floppy drive and big slot?

Longshot

QuoteYes, the poll allows more than one vote per user
I can only select one vote per user in the poll.

Token

Same here. Also one could have several same CPC. It deserve a better poll...

LambdaMikel

Quote from: Token on 19:07, 09 March 18
Same here. Also one could have several same CPC. It deserve a better poll...

All right, I made a mistake by not setting the max number of votes higher than 1, and wasnt able to change it afterwards. That could be improved in the Board system.
Let's close this thread and see the new poll thread! You have max 99 votes per user - I know, it's hardly sufficient, but it is a start  :laugh:

LambdaMikel

DanyPPC

I tested the CRTC-CHK2 and it gives me a CRTC 0 on my CPC 464 PLUS ?  ???
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Longshot

QuoteI tested the CRTC-CHK2 and it gives me a CRTC 0 on my CPC 464 PLUS ?

with run "CRTCHK" ? (and not with the basic program of elmsoft i'd let on the DSK)

blackdalek

My CPC6128 comes up as type 0 on both CRTC checks on longshot's dsk.
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

roudoudou

In the very first page of this topic, when people asked a program to identify crtc, i posted a program AND a simple method

I know it's a french article but really (in fact you can avoid to read the french and understand anyway), you should FORGET thoses programs if you just want to identify your CRTC, Programs are meant to be used for CRTC adaptations

Take a look at http://cpc.sylvestre.org/technique/technique_identifier_crtc.html

Really  :P

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

DanyPPC

Quote from: Longshot on 00:57, 10 March 18
with run "CRTCHK" ? (and not with the basic program of elmsoft i'd let on the DSK)

Ok, i was wrong.

According to the test i have:

- CPC 464 = 0
- CPC 464+ = 3
- CPC 6128+ = 3

Thanks
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

DanyPPC

Quote from: roudoudou on 08:53, 10 March 18
In the very first page of this topic, when people asked a program to identify crtc, i posted a program AND a simple method

Yes, good test  ;)

Longshot

QuoteI have a 464 with a type 4.
Interesting. I thought the 464 was no longer produced when Amstrad started to put the "low cost" asic in the 6128
It must be a pretty rare machine

robcfg

Look for "Z80329, MC0099A" on the Mainboard Versions page.

That's the cost-down 464 board with asic.

remax

I have a CRTC1 6128, a CRTC4 6128, a CRTC3 6128+, a (CRTC3?  ;D ) GX4000
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:53, 09 March 18
I have a 464 with a type 4.
Me too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Gryzor

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 19:38, 09 March 18
How can I close a thread?

Only mods can do that; is there a reason to?

hlide

I have a CPC6128 CRTC0 and a CPC464 CRTC2 but I cannot fill the poll because I cannot set for both CPC  :picard2: .

vasilisk

According to this site posted, I have a CPC6128 CRTC 0 and a CPC6128 CRTC 1

http://web.archive.org/web/20170501112330/http://www.grimware.org/doku.php/documentations/devices/crtc

zhulien

One game I had which is a fantastic game if you hadn't played it.  That is 3d starstrike.  It had a quirk: on some CPCs, the cursor (like a crosshair) was perfect.  on some other CPCs, it left a flickery trail behind although it didn't affect gameplay, it was far from perfect.  Was this due to a CRTC difference?  Had anyone else noticed this issue?  My CPCs at the time all plaid it flickery, but the shop where I bought it from was perfect.

horrible flickery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g79eLVS3syc

perfect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ91o9qUFFc (new link as old video was no longer there)

Longshot

From what i remember, the cursor was flickering.
So i'm surprised to discover it was a bug  :o .This game uses page flipping between 8000/C000.
It looks like there is some confusion between the two video pages when displaying the cursor.It smells like a bad init of the interrupt counter. Needs to be investigated.

roudoudou

nothing is wrong with CRTC-2, except coders maybe  ;D
Longshot release a technical documentation for CRTC-2 which explain how to do things supposed to be impossible http://www.logonsystem.fr/down/ACCC2-FR.pdf

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

ralferoo

I'm coming late to this poll, but it's fundamentally flawed...

It should be a multiple-answer question, or at the very least there should be an option for "All of them. Yes, I really do have more than one of each model."  :o

Actually, not true. I never managed to get myself a 664, but I do have an example of every time of CRTC chip in 464 and 6128 and plus. And I think 664 only used the same CRTC as the original 464 model anyway.

Anyway, despite what all the old-school French coders will tell you, that one is technically the best one as it's the only one that supports interlaced mode correctly...

ChaRleyTroniC

Quote from: ralferoo on 16:57, 01 December 21Actually, not true. I never managed to get myself a 664, but I do have an example of every time of CRTC chip in 464 and 6128 and plus. And I think 664 only used the same CRTC as the original 464 model anyway.

Pretty sure my 664 was a type 0 and my (early) 464 was a type 2.