News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC 464 tape counter

Started by CraigsBar, 13:13, 13 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

I know this has been asked before (a few years back) but does anyone know of a supply for cpc464 tape counter replacements that need minimalbcase modding to be installed?

I currently know of 3 cpc 464s in need a new counters. Failing that has anyone got a 3D printable counter reset button file? That is after all what goes wrong with then right.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

I used to have a beefy stock of them, but I think they're all gone by now and my source for them doesn't sell them any more. Ebay is full of random tape counters and they all have similar mountings and mechanisms. If you can find one with the correct shaped button I'd give it a chance (assuming they don't want silly money for it).

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Keeping an eye on this thread. My CPC464's tape counter is also bust.

I probably won't use it that much anyway, but it would still be nice to get it working again.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 17:55, 13 December 17
Keeping an eye on this thread. My CPC464's tape counter is also bust.

I probably won't use it that much anyway, but it would still be nice to get it working again.
Yours was one of the 3 I mentioned Shaun

[emoji6]

00WReX

I'd be interested in 2 or 3 if anyone finds a compatible source.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Vyper68

This is where i bought mine from though i have yet to get round to fitting it.

http://www.dataserve-retro.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p1350.html
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

00WReX

Quote from: Vyper68 on 10:46, 14 December 17

Thanks for the tip.  I just ordered 2  ;)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

CraigsBar

Quote from: Vyper68 on 10:46, 14 December 17

Sweet, thanks. I just bought 3. @shaun to save on multiple postage charges one is for you, I'll post it over once I get it.... So long as we get your 464 working
[emoji6]

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: CraigsBar on 11:43, 14 December 17
Sweet, thanks. I just bought 3. @shaun to save on multiple postage charges one is for you, I'll post it over once I get it.... So long as we get your 464 working

Sweet. Cos it's not fun playing Outrun on tape without a working counter.

Wait... it's no fun playing Outrun on tape, period.

Oh wait, it's no fun playing Outrun on the Amstrad. PERIOD!  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 11:54, 14 December 17

Sweet. Cos it's not fun playing Outrun on tape without a working counter.

Wait... it's no fun playing Outrun on tape, period.

Oh wait, it's no fun playing Outrun on the Amstrad. PERIOD!  [emoji23]
[emoji38]

Bryce

Well that explains why my source no longer has any of them :D

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 13:57, 14 December 17
Well that explains why my source no longer has any of them :D

Bryce.

He found the supply and demand market?

Bryce

No, the guy on Sellmyretro bought up the entire stock.

Bryce.

CanonMan

Does anyone know if CPC464 cassette counter reset buttons are still available to buy anywhere?  I'm in need of a couple. Even good condition used buttons would do.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CanonMan on 14:32, 08 June 19
Does anyone know if CPC464 cassette counter reset buttons are still available to buy anywhere?  I'm in need of a couple. Even good condition used buttons would do.
I am not sure if they are still available anywhere. the only place I know that sold them (See above) no longer has them listed. I do recall reading a tutorial on how to repair the rest button plunger with some solid core wire and needle tip pliers, not sure if that was on here on the CPC 464 FB group however, but it must have been in only the past year or so, as I still remember it and I am starting to need a DKTronics 64k Ram upgrade myself!

Edit: It was here on the CPC Wiki Forum. Of course it was, no usefull stuff like this on the FB group ;)

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/technical-support/a-repair-mod-for-the-tape-counter-reset-button/