News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Ethernet card development.

Started by rpalmer, 10:13, 02 May 11

Previous topic - Next topic

KaosOverride

Hi rpalmer!

Great work you are doing.

I will be a week out, but after I'm planning to start making some testing board for my WIZ811 based card... I hope to come with good news!

MacDeath!!! What about your Arduino ethernet? Any news??
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

rpalmer

hello everyone,

I just called into say here is the first draft of the TCP/IP documentation. It has been time consuming to get much of the descriptions correct to match what the cod has been assembled to be.

There is still (or appears to be) quite a bit of information to be included, but for the most part this document goes into some depth about the API.

rpalmer

redbox

Really good work, nice to see you're doing it in such a comprehensive and open way.  :)

qbert

Great job rpalmer... I am spiritually supporting your action  :P
As it was said above, static addresses are largely enough for a TCP IP network, DHCP will never be needed to my sense.
Moreover, before having TCP or even IP, may we have some simple Netbios packeting ? :)

hsimpson

@rpalmer: Are you still working on the project? Any news?

rpalmer

yes and no

I have been developing cpc web browser to make use of the ethernet card along with TCP/IP development.

I am in need of developing a new card which is needed to have expanded memory as well as an ethernet interface as the web browser needs memory and my cpc only has the d'tronics 256K silicon disc memory module. The 256K memory part is enough, but if web pages take too much of it it likely cause issues, but if the memory is expanded to 2 MByte it will less so.

The new card is expected to have an SPI interface for the ethernet chip and SD card slot on one side and 2Mbyte memory expansion on the other, but at the moment (with limited time during any working week) it is slow going.

rpalmer

hsimpson

It's very good news. It's great that you are developing a web browser. It's great that you are designing this new card. It will be a superb extension to the CPC :).

Gryzor

Will the web browser be on ROM on the board?

rpalmer

Gryzor,

The browser will have the HTML engine in a ROM, but the rest is loaded from disk.

rpalmer

rpalmer

I have gone through the PAL for a 2 Mb RAM expansion portion of the next ethernet / SD / memory card.

Attached is the simplified schematic and  truth table (PAL).

The PAL is configured for 2 Mb SRAM chip (See e14 at http://au.element14.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?catalogId=15001&langId=43&storeId=10184&categoryId=800000000175&st=SRAM&pageSize=25&showResults=true&aa=true&pf=111871607,111871608).

The PAL will change A14/A15 as per dk'tronics memory handling and cause a propogation delay for /RD, /WR and /MREQ. RAMDIS is set if expansion RAM is requested else it is cleared and SRAM control are set to disable access.

rpalmer