News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

gerald

Quote from: zoopster on 14:22, 03 April 21
The only reason it's reduced capacity was because I thought it might need FAT vs FAT32 formatting.
C4CPC should work with anything formatted FAT12/FAT16/FAT32, but not extFAT (it will not recognize the card at all)

Quote from: zoopster on 14:22, 03 April 21
If it helps I can take a screenshot of the error message.
Yes please!

zoopster

Quote from: gerald on 14:56, 03 April 21
C4CPC should work with anything formatted FAT12/FAT16/FAT32, but not extFAT (it will not recognize the card at all)
Yes please!

Reformatted to FAT32 and copied over the base files and it seems to be working again! Thanks :)

ndial

Hello Gerald,

I've missed my chance twice on getting one back in 2017 and 2019 due to personal issues.

Well, do you have any plans of building new carts this year?
I'm really interested of getting two of these wonderful carts for my 6128+ and GX4000.

The 8bit and the 16bit home computers and consoles, will always be on the basis of nostalgia for me really.

Retroshowcase:an oldschool video-games reference!
An old-school Video Games Reference!

kingtreelo

Hi,
Does anyone know how to use games that have data required to be loaded?
For example, in Rockstar Ate my Hampster, you load the game, then it asks you to play the data side of the tape, at this point nothing seems to work, does anyone know how to get past this using a C4CPC

dragon

I assume  you have convert it yourself.

convert another cracked version.

No cash only convert games that use firmware calls. Any game that access the fdd at low level don't work without  made  a new  loader for the cartridge.

gerald

Hi Guys

It had to happen, but I've taken the last order of C4CPC that I can provide.
The current availability of component does not allow me to make any forecast on when I'll be able to make a new batch.

ndial

I wish you be able to make some in the (near) future then  :D , and me getting this little C4CPC someday  ;D
Best Regards
The 8bit and the 16bit home computers and consoles, will always be on the basis of nostalgia for me really.

Retroshowcase:an oldschool video-games reference!
An old-school Video Games Reference!

nivrig

Also looking for one of these 👍🏻
Or alternative means of getting homebrew on to a GX4000...

GUNHED

Quote from: gerald on 18:22, 10 May 21
Hi Guys
The current availability of component does not allow me to make any forecast on when I'll be able to make a new batch.
I would have given you a like for all the work you did, if it wouldn't be sad in the same time.

Hence, let me ask you how much units of the great C4CPC cartridge did you actually produce?
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

dragon

Quote from: gerald on 18:22, 10 May 21
Hi Guys

More sooner or later, probably you need made a new redesign to use a  new fpga/cpld more new and aviable. Unfortunly  fpga/cpld models  aren't eternal in production :( .

TotO

I think that we can thank again gerald for the C4CPC and wait a design update, if required.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 09:07, 10 June 21

More sooner or later, probably you need made a new redesign to use a  new fpga/cpld more new and available. Unfortunately  fpga/cpld models  aren't eternal in production :( .
It's not a matter of new or old component, just that the supply chain has gone wild and some references won't be available before months (thanks to big corps piling up inventory and speculators willing to make some easy money).

mqarkcambie

Hi - new guy here.

Unfortunately, it looks like I've come to the party late for a new C4CPC.

Is there ANY chance that somebody might have a spare they would wish to sell me? I don't see them coming up on ebay and understandably, they are not something people will normally want to part with, but perhaps someone has multiples for some reason that that can live without?

Thanks (fingers crossed)
Mark Campbell - mqarkcambie.

ches74

I hope to get in on the next batch.

Gerald, Just a humble manufacturing engineer who is often sourcing hard to find parts but if there's anything I can do to help please let me know, I'd be happy to assist. Would need MPN, Qty and target price.

Best regards

John

BeaglzNZ

I don't suppose the gerber files or BOM list are available so we can attempt to build our own boards? I see the comment about part availability is an issue - which parts are causing the issue?
Recently purchased a 6128+ and have a GX4000 on they way - this unit looks ideal for what I need.
Cheers.

ambifx

Hello Gerald,

I'm extremely late to the Amstrad scene as I only purchased my GX4000 a few days ago. I would love to purchase your cart if you're producing some more.

Thanks again.

gerald

I intend to resume shipping beginning of September, so please be patient  :D
I'll contact you back then.

ambifx

Loupingre

Great !!! Hope to be on your next batch (if it's possible) :)

AFourEyedGeek

Can I add my name to the list of recipients? My GX4000 only has one game :(
Thanks

nivrig

Quote from: nivrig on 09:10, 21 May 21
Also looking for one of these 👍🏻
Great news. Any word on price?

RockRiver

Add one more board for me.
I'm a proud owner of one (CPC+) but with "Plus4CPC" mi "standard" CPC wants fast-food too

Rey

Hi Gerald,

I am the happy owner  of one C4CPC for fews years, now.
I would like to know if it is planned or already exists a DSK support (however if it is technically possible), on a new version ?

kolargol

Hi, I am interested to be part of next batch too :)

MarioSymeo

Hello dear Gerald..!

Please count me in, if it's possible, for your next batch.

I got my GX4000 less than 2 weeks ago and i've got 2 games (burnin rubber & world of sports) which i'm enjoying but can't compare to what you're offering.

Thank you!