News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Gonzo_XIII

I too would like to be put on the list. I sent Gerald a PM a couple days back but no reply, yet.

So how many need to be on the list before the next batch is made?
CPC 464 (in parts), 6128plus+monitor, NC100
- X4 Motherboard
- 1Mb Universal RAM Card
- CPC 8 ROM Card (SymBOS, Boulder, Sentinel)
- Multiface II (Not sure how to use this yet)
- USIfAC II (doesn't work with Plus)
- Dandanator Mini (doesn't work with Plus)

Gonzo_XIII

Quote from: GUNHED on 22:34, 23 August 21The M4 card can emulate both. Have a look at it.
Yeah, but how do you get your hands on an M4?
CPC 464 (in parts), 6128plus+monitor, NC100
- X4 Motherboard
- 1Mb Universal RAM Card
- CPC 8 ROM Card (SymBOS, Boulder, Sentinel)
- Multiface II (Not sure how to use this yet)
- USIfAC II (doesn't work with Plus)
- Dandanator Mini (doesn't work with Plus)

pelrun

Unfortunately the same way you get a C4CPC - wait for the chip supply crisis to settle down :picard: It's not a case of minimum order quantities - it's simply not possible to make any new boards at all. Both Duke and gerard are unable to source critical parts.

(Interestingly for slightly different reasons - the CPLD's are low-demand and are simply crowded out of the fab schedule, and STM32's are insanely high demand and the automotive industry takes basically the entire global production for itself.)

And gerard is not currently keeping a list at all, as mentioned a page or so back.

airdream

I am also waiting since the begenning of 2022. I can wait until the end of the actual chip supply crisis but i really hope everyone who want one C4CPC will really get it  :)

GUNHED

Its not the automotive industry, they suffer by themselves. It's the big customers who get served first.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

asper

Any chance to see/buy more of those beautiful cartridges in the near future ?

tooloud

pinging topic, it would be great to buy this cart.

DGM

Aun no se sabe nada de cuando habrá stock de c4cpc?

erebos007

Found this topic after a guy on Gamopat told me about this C4CPC piece of awesomeness and now I'd really like to buy it when (if ?) available. Fingers crossed the end of the shortage is for this year ... ;D

J'ai trouvé ce sujet après qu'un gars de Gamopat m'a parlé de ce génial projet de C4CPC et maintenant j'aimerais vraiment l'acheter quand (si?) disponible. On croise les doigts la fin de la pénurie c'est pour cette année...

zhulien

Has anybody made new replacement cases for the C4CPC yet?  Mine has gone a horrible yellow colour.

andycadley

There's definitely a 3D printing design kicking around somewhere, I'm pretty sure mine didn't come in a case originally.

Apollo

I really don't want to upset the apple cart and @gerald deserves his time off, but is there any news for a new batch? I would like to gift one to my brother as I have only one myself.
CPC - My beloved first computer!

eto

Quote from: zhulien on 17:30, 03 March 23Has anybody made new replacement cases for the C4CPC yet?  Mine has gone a horrible yellow colour.
this one works well for me:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1166222

zhulien

That one looks identical to mine before turning yucky yellow

Skunkfish

Mine is printed in purple, still looking cool!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

darkhalf

Looks like I've got a 464+ on the way. It doesn't come with a cartridge. So do I need cartridge still (with BASIC) if I have an M4 board connected to it?
CPC464/GT64, CPC464 Plus/CTM640, 2 x CPC6128/CTM644

eto

Quote from: darkhalf on 23:27, 29 June 23Looks like I've got a 464+ on the way. It doesn't come with a cartridge. So do I need cartridge still (with BASIC) if I have an M4 board connected to it?
It won't work without a cartridge. 

dragon

Quote from: darkhalf on 23:27, 29 June 23Looks like I've got a 464+ on the way. It doesn't come with a cartridge. So do I need cartridge still (with BASIC) if I have an M4 board connected to it?
i put you easy:

Amstrad Plus cartridge - HobbyRetro.com

darkhalf

Thanks for the quick reply. This is the one which I've just bought

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/134601498502

Q. Does this have the rubber/BASIC cartridge on fire to boot?
A. Hi, that's how I found it. It's not mine, I don't know if that's what happened
Q. Can you confirm before posting that there is a green, purple or blue color on the screen when it is turned on.
How come you don't include the joypad in the picture?
A. I think it was green. But I repeat, I could not test it, just turn it on. I sold the joypad together with the screen with the 6128 plus. I had no other 😔

As long as the screen has some colour, all I can go with from the seller.

This was the CPC6128+ he was selling (blue screen)
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AMSTRAD-Cpc-6128-Plus-Con-Monitor-Joypad-Originale-E-Manuale-/134601499801

Thanks for the link. Good price. Was looking to make some of these. I have XC9536XL chips here, just need PCB and flash chips
https://github.com/f1ac0/CPC-plus-cartridge

dragon

Probably was the same, the original cartridges (yellow in your case because have english keyboard) are more rare to find and more expensive).

Its imposible know if the computer works without a cartridge. Because the first thing that do the computer at startup is read  the cartridge :D.

darkhalf

QuoteBecause the first thing that do the computer at startup is read  the cartridge
Yeah its a tough one if no cartridge! As long as there is a colour on the screen, it at least confirms not a complete DoA unit. If there is a problem with the ASIC chip then I'll have big issues

darkhalf

airdream

Hello @gerald can we expect a release of C4CPC for this year?

I really want one  :D

Goguelnikov

Is it still possible to order a cartridge?
How much is it?

poulette73

Sorry, Gerald no longer produces C4CPC at all.
He has absolutely no time left for that. On the other hand, the price of components has literally exploded (x3) since the shortage that has occurred in recent years.