News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Apes

Good Morning guys,

The settings are almost perfect.
From tonight I'll print your orders (the old orders)

[attach=2]

Bryce

It looks like you've left the original ribbing inside exactly like an original cartridge. Doesn't some  of this have to be removed to get the C4CPC to fit?

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 08:13, 22 July 15
It looks like you've left the original ribbing inside exactly like an original cartridge. Doesn't some  of this have to be removed to get the C4CPC to fit?

Bryce.
I guess the positioning is slightly different. For my original shell I needed to trim a bit. For the ones apes printed for me, it just fits. No trimming needed, but I did not do a side by side comparison
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 09:37, 22 July 15
.... For the ones apes printed for me, it just fits. No trimming needed, but I did not do a side by side comparison

Same here.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

iddod

this has no doubt been asked before, but to save me navigating through 68 pages of messages could someone tell me the price of these cases? including postage...
bobbi iddod
poppi iqqoq

TFM

Quote from: iddod on 23:13, 22 July 15
this has no doubt been asked before, but to save me navigating through 68 pages of messages could someone tell me the price of these cases? including postage...

Yes of course! Ask the guy who is making them.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

xenon

Quote from: Apes on 06:37, 22 July 15
Good Morning guys,

The settings are almost perfect.

[attach=2]

Great :)

phoenixdownita

Quote from: Apes on 06:37, 22 July 15

Great, let us know when to order.
I sent couple of PMs but no answer, good thing is I am patient so hopefully I'll get my shell.

wmsteele

@TFM

Please add me to the list for one cartridge case... Many thanks.

TFM

Quote from: wmsteele on 12:45, 24 July 15
@TFM

Please add me to the list for one cartridge case... Many thanks.

I can't do that! Please everybody look at the very first post!!! Nobody has to read it all, but please look at the first post!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: gerald on 19:19, 01 November 14
Not sure 'fun' is the right word  :laugh: Yes, 512k, no less.The cart selector is a CPC side SW that allow you to browse the file on the SD card and load it. The SD is fully handler by the uC, the CPC only get the file list and control the uC.
You cannot put data on the SD nor the emulated EPROM from the CPC. While this is not impossible, it is not planned mainly because I am running low on code space in the uC  >:(

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer.  :)  Well, the C4CPC is awesome as it is. You don't have to implement a toaster for SMS/text printing on the bun or a hyper-nuclear power plant. Of course the uC is smaller that a CPC.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

Mika

Hi

So my order at second patch haven't been forgot. It's been long time :-)

Best regards
Mika
Finland

KaosOverride

Today I had the oportunity to test my 2 C4CPC at my GX4000.

AMAZING!!  8)

Great work gerald!!!!

Now I need to dress the 2 boards. Will PM to apes :)
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

mr_lou

Quote from: KaosOverride on 23:49, 26 July 15Now I need to dress the 2 boards. Will PM to apes :)

I sent him a PM a few weeks ago too about the cartridge, but I haven't heard back from him. I guess he's very busy.

KaosOverride

Maybe he is on holydays, we will let him rest  :laugh: I'm not in a hurry
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

wmsteele

Quote from: TFM on 16:26, 24 July 15

I can't do that! Please everybody look at the very first post!!! Nobody has to read it all, but please look at the first post!  :) :) :)

Not sure what you are trying to get me to understand here... I've read the first page of this thread and still not sure.

Guess I'm missing something... if possible could you post a quick update on how to order a case, would help me for sure and possibly others. I did send you a personal message (a good while back), so I might already be on your list, although I'm not sure as you never sent me anything back.

Many thanks, Will.

gerald

Quote from: wmsteele on 12:49, 27 July 15
Guess I'm missing something... if possible could you post a quick update on how to order a case, would help me for sure and possibly others. I did send you a personal message (a good while back), so I might already be on your list, although I'm not sure as you never sent me anything back.
Apes is the guy making them, not TFM  ;)

Apes

Hey Guys,
I'm going to print the cases.
Tomorrow the first new cases will be sent.
I think that I have sent the complete list in the next 2 weeks.

robcfg

||C|-|E||

Apes, is it still possible to order a case? :?

zhulien

awesome, where can i buy one or two of these from ideally with cases?

fatbob

@apes

Have you considered registering you case model on Shapeways. It might make your life a bit easier & save the wear & tear on your printer.

McKlain

Really good idea and awesome website, @fatbob :)

TFM

Quote from: zhulien on 02:48, 06 August 15
awesome, where can i buy one or two of these from ideally with cases?

Hi Zhulien!  :)  You get the C4CPC from Gerald (see very first post) and the Shell from Apes (see some previous post). Both are very well done and a joy to use.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

xenon

Now enjoying C4CPC  :) :) :) I'm sooo happy  :D