News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Bryce

Not bad. How long did you need to print them?

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 22:17, 19 March 15
Not bad. How long did you need to print them?

Bryce.
that looks like a opened original rather than a printed one.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:21, 19 March 15
that looks like a opened original rather than a printed one.

Of course it is! You can even see the screwdriver scratches on the side. I'll make "Scarcasm" flag on future posts :)

Bryce.

Guy0me

I print it with my fake 3D printer in a second  :P
Yes of course its an original case , it come from a Crazy Cars 2 but the game don't even working.. the PCB is dead  ;D
Can't wait to have the C4CPC !  8)

Shining

I don't have a spare case and also do not know where there have to be holes etc. for the cartridge replacement but with this info and a case I could ask my wifes cousin who owns a plastic producing company.

One question to gerald: Do you think, it'll be possible to produce a cheaper solution without the ability to flash ? (Only PCB, ACID and EEPROM ). That would be a great solution for releasing games...
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM on 16:06, 18 March 15

Do you mean to cannibalize an old one. Or do you know where to buy such a normal case? That would be very interesting.  :)
Cannibalize an old one.

I had one spare. I know it's possible.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

gerald

Quote from: Shining on 09:13, 20 March 15
I don't have a spare case and also do not know where there have to be holes etc. for the cartridge replacement but with this info and a case I could ask my wifes cousin who owns a plastic producing company.
That would be great !

One question to gerald: Do you think, it'll be possible to produce a cheaper solution without the ability to flash ? (Only PCB, ACID and EEPROM ). That would be a great solution for releasing games...
Sure, a modern equivalent of the original cart is possible. I have a schematic and layout ready, but I never made one as I have a C4CPC  ;D .
Regarding cost, I never really looked at it. I's made of a xilinx xc9536xl (3.3v), a regulator, a socket for the eprom/flash and few condensator/resistor for the links

XorA

Interested in getting one of these if the list is still open.

G

Ast

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

dragon

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 10:36, 20 March 15
Cannibalize an old one.

I had one spare. I know it's possible.

Pity! I though you may have found a plastic case which could fit. I mean ... somewhere over the world there must be one!  :o
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Kris

We will eventually find a 3D printing solution.....I hope at least :)

TFM

Please do so. And to make it cheaper for all of us: I would like to buy 100 Cartridge cases. Yes, I really need them, because I got 100 Cart-PCB's with 100 ACID's already.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Shining

Problem will be that an, let it name standard case, should be different than one for the replacement-solution where you have to reach the connectors and switches....

So if someone can borrow me an already opened card and a pcb (can be defective ), I can quote a price request.
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

Bryce

For 100 Cartridge cases 3D printing isn't a viable option. The cost and production time would be ridiculous. At those quantities a soft mold is the sensible choice.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 16:05, 20 March 15
For 100 Cartridge cases 3D printing isn't a viable option. The cost and production time would be ridiculous. At those quantities a soft mold is the sensible choice.

Bryce.

Ok, so who can do that for us?

I'm trying to find help with this since over 2 years, but all I see is.... nothing!  :(
TFM of FutureSoft

radu14m

what do you need 100 Cart-PCB's with 100 ACID's for ? ;)

TFM

Quote from: radu14m on 19:35, 20 March 15
what do you need 100 Cart-PCB's with 100 ACID's for ? ;)

For 100 Cartridges with 512 KB ROM containing a game.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

I observed the pcb fits well in the game boy external case :D, maybe a zeal and...

Bryce

Quote from: dragon on 21:13, 20 March 15
I observed the pcb fits well in the game boy external case :D , maybe a zeal and...

Which external case?? The case the GB cartridges come in?

Bryce.

dragon

Yes the motherboard fits in the case not exactly because the case are a litte more wide and along and a little less high.. with the eerpom+dip 32 it not close same as original cartridge. And the case fits in the cpc slot.

I not tried it without eeprom+dip eeprom but i think it close.

Maybe can work or not anyway yo need make a hole to the cpc cartridge secure pin, i not sure if it is posible. And you need a litte filling so the pcb do not go to the sides.

Im not  a case expert i was boring and I try my eeprom cart pcb in the gb boy case cart playing XDDDDDD.

We needed a second opinion lol.

Ast

Quote from: TFM on 19:38, 20 March 15

For 100 Cartridges with 512 KB ROM containing a game.  ;)

Do you have made a new Cpc Plus game TFM?

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Bryce

I've got a few of these cases, guess what I'll be trying out tomorrow :)

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Ast on 22:22, 20 March 15

Do you have made a new Cpc Plus game TFM?

Well, until I soldered all these ACID's in, with some luck I will. If you need couple Carts for your games, just let me know.
TFM of FutureSoft

o0nosferatu0o

I would like to express my interest in buying one of these carts, for my 6128 Plus and GX4000.