News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

skywalky

dragon

Quote from: gerald link=topic=9856.transformación msg95951 date=1427100078
Case ?  :laugh:

Nop, failed canibalize cartridge to transform it  in eeprom with socket or other game.

Solder destroy a acid or a track...

Bryce

I've only ever encountered one broken ACID and I suspect it was damaged when the user tried to remove the EPROM and fried it. Otherwise I've only seen cartridges with damaged EPROMs.

Bryce.

Shining

As mentioned before. If someone can borrow me a PCB and an already opened case I can request a quotation for a cartridge...
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

arnoldemu

Quote from: Munchausen on 22:34, 22 March 15
Good point!  :o

I think the cart essentially acts as a ROM once the ACID magic has happened (though at different ROM numbers to normal), so if you can convert a game to rom (.BIN) you are basically done. I might be wrong on this though.

The other issue is that you may want to map keys to the joystick, this is more complex though (some disassembly involved...)

I think @arnoldemu has done some conversions to cart, as have several others around here, so they should be able to help. Perhaps a new topic is best (I didn't check if there are any old ones, I know it has been mentioned on here before though).

Yes I have put ROMs onto cart.

I have also modified other games to run from cart.

The main problem is that many games can't be started with joystick.

So you can convert them and then you can't control them.

So it's not as simple as just converting them over.

Plus others don't just want a direct conversion, often they want some use of plus features (e.g. a nice title screen using plus features, colour fading etc).

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

ArcadeTV

Quote from: Shining on 13:33, 23 March 15
As mentioned before. If someone can borrow me a PCB and an already opened case I can request a quotation for a cartridge...

Can you use this?

Bryce

Someone has already done a complete CAD model as far as I can remember.

Bryce.

Shining

Quote from: Bryce on 14:45, 23 March 15
Someone has already done a complete CAD model as far as I can remember.

Bryce.

That would be great !
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

dragon

But if you made a case for the cartridge flash made the holes in factory :D if not it not makes sense.

Bryce

Internal break-points could be included in the mold, so that the holes can be snapped out if required.

Bryce.

Phantomz

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:34, 23 March 15
Yes I have put ROMs onto cart.

I have also modified other games to run from cart.

The main problem is that many games can't be started with joystick.

So you can convert them and then you can't control them.

So it's not as simple as just converting them over.

Plus others don't just want a direct conversion, often they want some use of plus features (e.g. a nice title screen using plus features, colour fading etc).

I guess it's bad news for the gx4000 then  :( , no point converting them if you can't control them.

I understand what you are saying about others don't want direct conversions and others want plus features, but that's before this amazing bit of kit from Gerald  8) :) came out.

If its not to hard to do a basic conversion, wouldn't it be cool to convert them games from disk to cpr so we can use with this fantastic new cart, even if its all the cool stuff that people like, like chase hq, Robocop, gryzor, target renegade etc.

I think it would be cool to have all the top games ready to go from the cart already in your machine (plus) , I've found cpr versions of Robocop, Operation Wolf, and Ghouls'n Ghost etc on here, I believe these maybe made by yourself  :) I love how they are trained versions too.  8)

Phantomz

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:43, 23 March 15
I guess it's bad news for the gx4000 then  :( , no point converting them if you can't control them.

I understand what you are saying about others don't want direct conversions and others want plus features, but that's before this amazing bit of kit from Gerald  8) :) came out.

If its not to hard to do a basic conversion, wouldn't it be cool to convert them games from disk to cpr so we can use with this fantastic new cart, even if its all the cool stuff that people like, like chase hq, Robocop, gryzor, target renegade etc.

I think it would be cool to have all the top games ready to go from the cart already in your machine (plus) , I've found cpr versions of Robocop, Operation Wolf, and Ghouls'n Ghost etc on here, I believe these maybe made by yourself  :) I love how they are trained versions too.  8)

ps, be nice it you could do Feud, wink wink nudge nudge  ;D never seen a trained version though, does start from fire which is good.  :)

Maniac

Mine arrived today! V impressive stuff and Gerald pre-loaded everything currently available! So handy now as I no longer need my ROM 7 board for Parados which currently has a broken on/off switch!

Superb stuff Gerald - well done that man!

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

Got mine today too!
It's awesome!

Thanks a lot gerald for making this.  :)

gerald

Quote from: TFM on 20:37, 23 March 15
Which Carts are on it?
- All official games (without chase HQ II  ::) )
- All system cartridge (original, parados, patched when available). Since the 1st card I've send I've added the english varados and stripped (without burnin rubber) version of varados/parados which load faster.
- Some demo put to cartridge format by devimarkus (I think)
- arnoldemu ports

Bryce

I'll pay €10 more if you include Chase HQII :D

Bryce.

TFM

15 Euros for including FutureOS Cart for the Plus...  :laugh:  Ah, no, people can do by themselves.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Ast

What? There is not chase hq 2 included? Give my money back.... :P

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

gerald

Quote from: TFM on 21:28, 23 March 15
15 Euros for including FutureOS Cart for the Plus...  :laugh:  Ah, no, people can do by themselves.  :)
Where is it ?

Mmm

Is this cart already available for purchase? If not, any estimate when it will be available?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:43, 23 March 15

I haven't done those.

I have done Puzznic, Stryker and the Crypts of Trojan and Blue Angel 69.
I have Ranarama (no title screen).

I have plans for a couple more.

I don't add trainers to mine, but all games I do are patched to run from joystick and work on gx4000.

When read and write is ready I can add hi-score read/write :)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

mr_lou

Why are people offering money to have more games included?

I thought that was the whole point of the SD card; that you could just include whatever cartridge-file you wanted to yourself?

gerald

Quote from: mr_lou on 13:34, 24 March 15
Why are people offering money to have more games included?
Maybe because there is only two known copy of Chase HQ II cartridge, and no cpr file  ;)