News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

TFM

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:29, 25 March 15
The multi cart is for the gx4000 and the plus machine, so why not make stuff for both, I don't think it should be the case that if it doesn't work on the gx4000 forget it!  :o

Why not focus on 6128 Plus with 128 KB of RAM and mass media. Forget GX4000!  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phantomz

Quote from: TFM on 14:49, 25 March 15

Why not focus on 6128 Plus with 128 KB of RAM and mass media. Forget GX4000!  ;)

:laugh: that's not fair too, need to try and make everyone happy, might be impossible but worth a try.  ;D

TFM

Yeah, like having a harem and please em all.  :P
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM on 14:49, 25 March 15

With 512KB cart you don't really need 128KB of RAM.

If you have read-only data in the extra RAM on 6128 (e.g. sprite graphics, tiles, tilemap), then put it into ROM on GX4000!

Use the lower-ROM paging scheme and it's almost the same as paging RAM. I know, I've done it!
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:59, 25 March 15

YES you DO!  :)  Using overscan and two screens already need 64 KB of V-RAM, so the other 64 KB are absolutely needed for variables and quick self modifying code.  :D
TFM of FutureSoft

Ast

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:59, 25 March 15

If you have read-only data in the extra RAM on 6128 (e.g. sprite graphics, tiles, tilemap), then put it into ROM on GX4000!

Use the lower-ROM paging scheme and it's almost the same as paging RAM. I know, I've done it!
Have you an example to show?

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Bryce

Mine just arrived. Time to mod the cartridge case...

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

I haven't passed the LEDs to the outer case yet as I don't know what they do or whether I really need to see them.

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 20:30, 25 March 15
I haven't passed the LEDs to the outer case yet as I don't know what they do or whether I really need to see them.
The top one is the usb power.
It's one addition from the prototype.
Only useful when you do development so you know why power cycling your CPC does not restart the cart  ::) ;D
The other is just the SD card activity indicator.

Bryce

In that case I'll leave them inside. The less holes the better. The reset button could have been left closed too.

Bryce.

dragon

No exit not work in my cartridge someone else has tried ?.

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 21:02, 25 March 15
No exit not work in my cartridge someone else has tried ?.
Strange, but I confirm : it does not work when started with CprSelect But it was working fine last time I started it. I will check why.
However it works fine when put in a slot : copy/move it in one of the empty _C4CPC/0 _C4CPC/F folder

Edit : Pro tennis court has the same problem. Work from slot, not from CprSelect

dragon

thanks  gerald oh, i found another cartridge game(fake game). In amstrad ftp spanish server and not work with the cartridge, but the winape loads it. (Maybe is the game who knows).

Is here.
ftp://amstrad@amstrad.serveftp.com/CPC/Cartuchos/Falsos/ (justinp_v4).

Bryce

No exit never worked properly, not even the originals. It has nothing to do with your cart Gerald. It will start every 8th or 9th time if you are lucky. I never investigated it fully, but it seems to be some sort of timing or registry value glitch.

Bryce.

McKlain

Could it be possible to make a methacrylate case for the board like the ones used on the raspberry pi and similar hardware? As an alternative to modding a cartridge case.

gerald

)
Quote from: Bryce on 21:23, 25 March 15
No exit never worked properly, not even the originals. It has nothing to do with your cart Gerald. It will start every 8th or 9th time if you are lucky. I never investigated it fully, but it seems to be some sort of timing or registry value glitch.
I've tested with an old code version and its working fine every time I start it (same for Pro tennis court).

Bug hunting started !

Guy0me

Quote from: Bryce on 20:30, 25 March 15
Mine just arrived. Time to mod the cartridge case...

Bryce.
Wow Bryce you made it so clean !  ;) good work !

gerald

Quote from: McKlain on 21:39, 25 March 15
Could it be possible to make a methacrylate case for the board like the ones used on the raspberry pi and similar hardware? As an alternative to modding a cartridge case.
That would be difficult as there is only one hole in the PCB to fix it to the case. But worth investigating.

Bryce

Can you upload the "old code" version of No Exit that you are using. I'd like to test it too as my version is also one that was converted back from cpr.

However, I remember discussing this with DevilMarkus a long time back and I think I remember him mentioning that it was a known problem back then?

Bryce.

McKlain

Quote from: gerald on 21:51, 25 March 15
That would be difficult as there is only one hole in the PCB to fix it to the case. But worth investigating.

In my case (pun intended) I only have the burning rubber cartridge that comes with the GX4000. And buying some other cartridge (in spain) just to alter the case and use it wouldn't be worth the money.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 21:53, 25 March 15
Can you upload the "old code" version of No Exit that you are using. I'd like to test it too as my version is also one that was converted back from cpr.
Well, by code, I mean the C4CPC code.

robcfg

My cartridge arrived today and it looks fantastic!

Can't wait for the weekend to try it!  8)

jrodriguezv

Mine arrived yesterday too [emoji2]

radu14m

arnoldemu

Quote from: Bryce on 21:53, 25 March 15

However, I remember discussing this with DevilMarkus a long time back and I think I remember him mentioning that it was a known problem back then?

Bryce.
Was this the one that failed if you had a rom board attached?
Or was it the one that didn't switch the stack?

Stack at reset is ffff or something like that, but rom is mapped here.
My games. My Games

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM on 15:05, 25 March 15

YES you DO!  :)  Using overscan and two screens already need 64 KB of V-RAM, so the other 64 KB are absolutely needed for variables and quick self modifying code.  :D
You're using double buffered overscan screens?
My games. My Games