News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

CraigsBar

Quote from: arnoldemu on 08:46, 07 April 15
Nice idea.

Yes I plan to make a "new gen" no$cart tool.
I am working out how the original worked so I can re-make carts, but with a tool that can run under linux, mac and windows.
Hi @arnoldemu ,
Do the plans for your new no$cart include support for double sided discs? As the c4cpc supports 512kb cartridge images there is plenty of space for both sides of the disc to be imaged either as a separate sides or as a combined image.

I hope this *is* a possibility even if only for R-type 128 and Batman forever ;)

I'd like to see r-type 128 patched to store the high score table on the SD card. Not even sure this is possible? but that woudl be awesome.

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Markus

@Gerald

I'd like to buy one  'C4CPC' Flash Cartridge, please get in contact with me.

regards Markus

Gryzor

If you post as a guest how would you suggest contacting you?

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

TFM

Forum IQ test.... failed!  :P
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

arnoldemu

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:23, 11 April 15
Hi @arnoldemu ,
Do the plans for your new no$cart include support for double sided discs? As the c4cpc supports 512kb cartridge images there is plenty of space for both sides of the disc to be imaged either as a separate sides or as a combined image.

I hope this *is* a possibility even if only for R-type 128 and Batman forever ;)

I'd like to see r-type 128 patched to store the high score table on the SD card. Not even sure this is possible? but that woudl be awesome.

Craig

Hi Craig,

no$cart seems to support data format only and my first version will too. Perhaps it does support system format discs too, but it doesn't support special formats or copy protection and anything using a custom loader and direct access to disc would not run.

I worked out that a 512KB cart could hold two sides of a DATA format disk (~360K), it doesn't have the capacity for a double sided 80 track disc, because that is around 800KB. So that excludes larger discs.

So for both r-type and batman I would say "unlikely".

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

remax

If at one you decide to run another batch, i'll be in :)
Brain Radioactivity

TFM

For R-Type you can contact the programmer of course  :)  About demos in a Cartridge? Funny idea somehow.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Markus

Quote from: TFM on 17:42, 16 April 15
Forum IQ test.... failed!  :P

:D  lol, now I'm registered ... hello cpc folks!
POKE &bdee,&c9

robcfg

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 20:58, 16 April 15
For R-Type you can contact the programmer of course  :)  About demos in a Cartridge? Funny idea somehow.  ;)

Well that is true, perhaps a cart specific r-type could be created. I really hope that all these c4cpc boards do spark some interest in the GX4000 and plus machines on the whole.

I plan on making a new FW 3.15 cart image some time soon if anyone is interested, the last ones I did were FW 3.14?

Craig

CraigsBar

Quote from: Markus on 21:57, 16 April 15

:D  lol, now I'm registered ... hello cpc folks!
Welcome to the Wiki.

I hope @Gerald has some left, it woudl be a shame to register and then not get one ;)

Oh well think of the fun you can have here whilst waiting for one, we are a pretty friendly lot.

Craig

TFM

Very welcome Markus! Like your mankind text! Have fun here!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Seob

manic23

Hello gerald, I am new to this forum so I hope this is OK to jump in this thread. I would very much like to be considered to be on the list for one of your superb looking CPC Plus cartridge replacements. I will PM you. Many thanks.

CraigsBar

Quote from: manic23 on 11:48, 17 April 15
Hello gerald, I am new to this forum so I hope this is OK to jump in this thread. I would very much like to be considered to be on the list for one of your superb looking CPC Plus cartridge replacements. I will PM you. Many thanks.
welcome manic23. Who'd have thought the c4cpc would encourage so many new members

manic23

Hello CraigsBar, Really? is that what's happened then, I'm guessing there have been loads of new members wanting to buy the C4CPC. I am not surprised really considering the price of the games for the GX4000 a flash cart like this is a gift from the Gods! I just hope I manage to get on the waiting list :)

Optimus

Wow! I just learned about this. Where do I buy?

manic23

Quote from: Optimus on 15:21, 17 April 15

Just PM gerald and ask him

Markus

pretty cool hardware seems like a magnet for visitors  :)

POKE &bdee,&c9

manic23

I think the article on Retro Collect will generate a lot of interest in this device, I just hope gerald can keep up with the demand!

TFM

Quote from: Optimus on 15:21, 17 April 15

You get all detailed information in the very first post of this thread. Then you can ask Gerald to put you on the waiting list.  :)

And welcome new members!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

andycadley

Quote from: manic23 on 12:43, 17 April 15
Hello CraigsBar, Really? is that what's happened then, I'm guessing there have been loads of new members wanting to buy the C4CPC. I am not surprised really considering the price of the games for the GX4000 a flash cart like this is a gift from the Gods! I just hope I manage to get on the waiting list :)

It's kind of assuring for those of us who spent many years arguing that there really was a viable market for some sort of programmable GX cartridge. They might have said we were mad, but maybe we were onto something all along!  :laugh:

TFM

Quote from: andycadley on 18:21, 17 April 15
It's kind of assuring for those of us who spent many years arguing that there really was a viable market for some sort of programmable GX cartridge. They might have said we were mad, but maybe we were onto something all along!  :laugh:

Never agreed so much with you.  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Park Games

Really cool device. I have 2 GX4000's that would get a real boost with C4CPC. Batman cartridge is the only one that gets played!
Check out our website for three of our (very early) CPC games free from our downloads page.