News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC6128 Desktop case replacement

Started by rpalmer, 12:23, 11 July 20

Previous topic - Next topic

rpalmer

hello all,
My developments of a desktop case to replace the current CPC6128 case is now a step closer to being a visible idea in a model.
For those keen to see what the eventual result would be like, the current model which shows the case without a lid is attached as a zip file.
The model is far from complete as it cannot be 3D printed on most printers as the model is too big for the majority of them. It also does not show all holes, but it a base to see what might be something to feed the imagination.
The model does show an expansion bus extension where the user can use up to to 10 expansion cards in the MX-4 form factor.The model also shows two 3.5 Inch floppy drives, but the caddy can be changed to support a 3 inch floppy and a 3.5 inch floppy.

The model has been developed in FreeCAD V0.18 (you can get it here: https://www.freecadweb.org/). It is free and does not require the user to register it as it is an Open Source project.
rpalmer

Skunkfish

Very interesting! I'm just curious as to why all the ports are on the front? I'd probably want to hide at least the video and 5V ports around the rear...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Bryce

If he's using the case with a real Amstrad monitor, he's going to need the two ports at the front, as that's where they are on the monitor too.

Bryce.