News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC6128 PCB Board: PT NO Z70290, MC0057A

Started by Vyper68, 15:43, 18 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper68

Hi
When i was cleaning the CPC to get it working and fit the new drive belt i took a photo of the mainboard for reference. When i compare it to the know boards it was thought that this one was a joke board until another one was found.
This is just to confirm another board of that type and if anyone want's me to check something let me know as i have no ideas if the other PCB's were working 6128's.

[attachimg=1]
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

00WReX

I think that the Wiki could probably be updated to remove the "This board was thought to be a joke but we found it in another unit." reference.

I have two 6128s with the MC0057A board, so I don't think it is as rare as initially thought.

Certainly interesting though.

Cheers,
Shane

** Wiki edited **

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mainboard_Versions
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

It was a stupid statement even if another board hadn't been found. The electronics industry doesn't make jokes (even the Microsoft Zune was serious!).

This sentence: "Most bizarre, the /INT resistor, R144, has white coating, seen at lower-left edge of the cooling plate" can also be removed. There's nothing bizarre about putting a heat shield on a resistor that's very close to a hot surface.

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 08:26, 19 December 17
The electronics industry doesn't make jokes (even the Microsoft Zune was serious!).
Are you serious  :o

:D