News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cpc6128 seems dead

Started by Winch20010, 18:07, 26 March 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Winch20010

Hello,
I have a cpc6128 who does not light up anymore. I see some people have this issue, and have sand the power switch on the main board.
My question is : there's a 5volts cable going to the keyboard from the display.
 Shouldn't we have 5v on this cable if we switch-on the display ? Even if the keyboard is not plugged in ?
Because I see 0v there.
Is there a way to test if the issue is in the keyboard or the display easily ?

Thanks !!
Sebastien

tjohnson

You should get atleast 5v on the the cable from the monitor, easy test is find another 5v PSU and plug it in and see if you get a response and beep  from the computer

Winch20010

Thanks for the answer. 
So bad news for me :( 
it will be complicated to find now the broken component ...
The only fuse i saw is still ok. 

Kris

Just try to shunt the power switch: remove the connector and connect both pins together.

Bryce

Quote from: Kris on 08:25, 27 March 22Just try to shunt the power switch: remove the connector and connect both pins together.
@Kris : He has already established that the monitor isn't delivering 5V.

@Winch20010 : Consider getting a SCART / PSU kit and connect the CPC to a TV with SCART (assuming you have one).

Bryce.

Kris

Quote from: Bryce on 09:35, 27 March 22@Kris : He has already established that the monitor isn't delivering 5V.
Arg, you're right, I read it too quickly.

@Winch20010 :Use the schemtaic and follow the 5V rail and check components

Winch20010

Yes Bryce, I will go with a SCART option. 
this is unfortunate for the monitor, but no choice there :( 

I did some tests this morning and confirm that the 220V is coming to the board (power switch OK), but no 12v and no 5V 
Few zeners show 2.X volts, but no voltage going to the 12V regulator for eg... 

eto

Quote from: Winch20010 on 21:16, 26 March 22The only fuse i saw is still ok. 
There should be 2 fuses in the GT65. See picture here: https://oldcrap.org/2018/11/04/amstrad-schneider-gt-65-monitor/

And make sure to remove it and have a look. More than once the fuse looked OK but actually wasn't when having a close look.

Winch20010

this is not the same monitor for amstrad 6128. fuse was also tested (I only found one)

caver99

is the monitor displaying anything, try feeding 5v from a different source into the cpc and see if the led lights and if there is a pic on the screen.
if its just the 5v on the monitor shouldn't be to much of a problem finding the dead part.