News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC/IP reworked onto a ROM.

Started by rpalmer, 00:43, 31 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

rpalmer

hello all,

There is some good news to say.

I have found a way to make eproms for TCP/IP onto an EPROM. Sadly it involves using a cassette tape to load the images into the eprom programmer i can now program with. The programmer is the John Morrison unit which can handle 8K and 16K eproms (both 21V and 12.5V).  The programmer has not been used for well over a decade, but i feel it can handle the modern eproms.

I have also built a prototype Hard disk interface which is soon to be tested via the eproms i will burn with the programmer mentioned above (i will create an additional topic in the hardware section once i have success).

If this too goes to plan and I can use the hard disk from within Basic with out issues, I can then make the eproms far quicker than using the cassette tape player.

As a result of searching the net for suppliers of 16K eproms i find that there are some in the US which still sell them, so if they are in stock, I will look into burning ROMs from them.

Also, If all goes well with burning the EPROMs i can also burn to EPROMs the HDOS and Drivers rom.

Until then I have not yet begun to determine what price the ROMs will end up costing, but if anyone in the CPC community who wants one burnt can contact me via replies to the subject or via my profile email address.

Regards
Ray

Bryce

Hi rpalmer,
          what country are you in? I have quite a few contacts here in Europe where you can still get 16K EPROMs. I have quite a few here too, if you need some for your tests send me a PM.

Bryce.