News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Crappy VGA image quality.

Started by ||C|-|E||, 01:22, 18 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

So you are the guy who builds the Terminators!  :P
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

||C|-|E||

He was actually able to terminate himself pretty well when it fell down the stairs  :D . After that, I put some sensors to detect if there where holes on the floor or not, but that is a different story  :)

Bryce

I've been doing some tests with the bare GBS and I don't really see anything wrong with the NTSC picture. Does the device really need an PAL/NTSC switch? I think I'd prefer to make it PAL only and then use the switch to disable the device completely when needed.

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

The guy that originally described the difference handling these two modes in the GBS said that the behavior was different between GBSs. Maybe my particular unit has the problem...

Bryce

Due to the fact that almost all CPC users here are using PAL, I'll start with that. I can always flash a seperate NTSC version if someone needs one, but I doubt there are many users that will need to switch back and forth.

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

I think that it makes a lot of sense.

TotO

If that can help for tests, Pac-Man Emulator allow to switch 50/60Hz using the SPACE key.
(may be you need to do that from the TAB menu)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Thanks, I have real NTSC machines here to test it with. It's not just the frequency that matters, but also the colour values used by real hardware.

Bryce.