News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CTC-AY game cartridges (2013 project)

Started by TotO, 19:22, 05 June 19

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Hey!

Here a pictures that I would like to share with you about the crazy CTC-AY project done with SyX and fano in 2013.  :)
I hope that something close will come true in a near future for a free and open FLASH/ROM media system on CPC.

Cheers.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Very nice pictures, but I don't get the "free and open" bit? Is Geralds C4CPC Cartridge not free and open enough?

Bryce.

TotO

It was from 2013, releated for CPC not PLUS. I do not understand the compareason with the C4CPC.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Ah, ok, so this goes on the expansion port of a standard CPC?

Bryce.

TotO

Exactly. It was originaly through the CTC-AY game slot, providing extra sound and display capabilities. (next splitted to the X-MEM / PlayCity projects)

SyX

I loved, love and will love that expansion with all my heart  ;D

My biggest regret is that it happened in the middle of my relocation to the other side of the world, and i knew that i would not be able to do anything else that minimal tests (all those Playcity test programs and the Renegade conversion to this cartridge system). I even had to request that the prototype boards were for people active during those times (yes, i haven't one of those sexy prototypes using megadrive cart cases)... and as typical in me ( :P ), there is a few unfinished demos, the first one is Plotting CPC+ patched to work in normal CPC using this cartridge and the conversion of one of the smallest Neo Geo game to this cartridge system... maybe someday i can retake those projects, at least and at last, i have finished my pos-graduation and i am starting to get some CPC time ;)