News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CTM-644

Started by Vyper68, 12:21, 29 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper68

Hi Y'all,

Question would you plug your 6128 into this monitor or would you plug it into the mains - answers on a postcard.

Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Bryce

I'd turn it on first to see what it does on its own. There's nothing inside the CTM at that position that could cause that, so I assume the heat was something external, or chemical?

Bryce.

Vyper68

Quote from: Bryce on 12:36, 29 January 18
I'd turn it on first to see what it does on its own. There's nothing inside the CTM at that position that could cause that, so I assume the heat was something external, or chemical?

Bryce.

You were right again, the damn thing works after all.

blackdalek

It's a bit like the Salvador Dali of CTM644s  :laugh:
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Shaun M. Neary

I'd say that looks like it suffered direct exposure to strong sunlight or heat. Chemicals would probably discolour it as well.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Bryce

Acetone (nail varnish remover) will make the plastic melt without changing the colour.

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

That is very true Bryce. It's also in paint thinner, isn't it? So if that monitor was sitting in a shed with paint thinner accidental spill, that would actually fit.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Shaun M. Neary

Actually looking at that last image, it's almost like a bottle of nail polish remover fell on it's side and leaked, and the plastic warped around it...

Bryce

Exactly. The bubble looks like it raised when the person lifted whatever was sitting on the monitor (leaking nail varnish remover bottle, very hot thing, etc. ).

Bryce.

Gryzor

...because they didn't read the manual where it said "do not place disks and paint thinners on top of the monitor". Silly people...

Vyper68

My first reaction when it arrived was aaahhhh you're taking the pee widdle diddle. There was 1"1/2 of live and neutral wires exposed from the plug and i saw this and though THAT'S the reason there was no pictures from that side in the listing.
Was in the process of sending it back when i came on here for some advice...
I'm glad i did  :)

ComSoft6128

Some scumbag flogged this to you?

Vyper68

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 15:46, 29 January 18
Some scumbag flogged this to you?

Yeah i must walk around with  MUG tattooed on my forehead. It wasn't much £22 inc shipping

ComSoft6128

At least its working and the damage was caused by someone else. Unlike the Plus I have here which has (the shame the shame!) an original Campbell fag burn.

00WReX

That should go straight on ebay as "Super rare, melted edition".
You'll make a fortune...

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki