News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DANDANATOR Mini with CPC664

Started by repetto74, 17:54, 30 January 21

Previous topic - Next topic

repetto74

Hi Guys,

I am using a Dandanator mini with both my CPC464 and CPC664. I made a compilation of CDT games with the Dandanator Java utility and flashed the memory. All is working fine on the 464 but on the 664 many games will just crash on loading or reset the machine to the basic prompt. I have tried to load those CDT files directly with a tape emulator and they just work fine on the 664.
The compilation was made with tape emulation HD set to the 464 and I tested also with the option for 6128 but same results.
What I am missing in the process? Is there any setting I need to carry about to have the CDT working also on the 664? :-X
Thanks
Rick

Dandare

CDTs are loaded by emulating a CPC in the ROMSET generator, then a snapshot of the memory is made.
Despite our best efforts to make the snapshot "universal", some games either map the rom routines of the specific CPC in which they were loaded or they just get captured while running a rom routine.
This is why, sometimes, a compilation made for 464 won't work in 6128/664 or viceversa.

In our limited tests (we don't have a 664), 6128 compilations do work ok with 664 machines.
However, if this is not your case, please, make a 464 compilation and click on the "force compatibility" option (in preferences). This will set your 664 firm and basic to the 464 and the games should work.

repetto74

Hello Dandare,

Many thanks for those crystal clear explanations! :D
I understand that this is due to some compatibilities issues between different amstrad models. I will try by forcing compatibility when building a 464 compilation  ;)  and test again.
Enjoy the Sunday and stay safe  :D
Rick

repetto74

Tested and working now!  ;D ;D ;D
Many thanks for your help!

Dandare