News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DD1 - FD1 Cases

Started by chinnyhill10, 18:08, 05 February 20

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

If anyone is looking for a DD1 or FD1 case assembly (to replace a broken one perhaps), this guy seems to have some on auction.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amstrad-DDI-1-case-assembly/392664885255?hash=item5b6ca6a807:g:csQAAOSw1nVeNE3g

Not seen many around so thought it an idea to alert people.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

Oh that's interesting...I don't need one but I wonder what else I can use it for!

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:13, 05 February 20
Oh that's interesting...I don't need one but I wonder what else I can use it for!
Add a floppy drive inside?  :-\
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

chinnyhill10

I would have alerted everyone a few days earlier but he had a DD1 interface on sale which happily I won. As soon as I won, I came on here about the cases. I'm not a total bastard. :-)

They look new. Story goes he needed replacement drives and at the time the whole units were the cheapest way to get them. So they are DD1's and FD1's just missing the drive but with the PSU intact and have never even been plugged in!

But if someone has a damaged unit or wants to put an HXC or 3 inch drive in one, they look like a good way to get a case.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Bryce

They have a really useful PSU inside.

Bryce.

Ygdrazil

No reason to bid!
Sadly the seller does not ship abroad!
/ygdrazil

Quote from: Bryce on 08:54, 06 February 20They have a really useful PSU inside.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Yeah, saw that too...