News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
L

DDI-4

Started by LambdaMikel, 17:06, 06 December 18

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 15:06, 22 October 19Rather, he is posting "stories" and alternative facts and "fake news" on CPC Fakebook Group. And his following is then giving "thumbs down" to the person that brought the problem to their attention in the first place, in their (CPC's) best interest. So, yes, let's shoot the messenger, there IS no problem. The messenger is just too stupid to use a great piece of hardware. Great new internet world where the truth doesn't matter that much anymore. Rather, propaganda. Anyhow, I should not be starting again...

3 peoples around me to see the problem occured... And agree.
One of them has his job to officially repair PS4 for Sony.  :laugh:
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

LambdaMikel

Quote from: deepfb on 14:55, 22 October 19
Just an aside: it was gasoline :-D

:o :o :o
Dude!!  ;D You are adding gasoline to a dangerous situation - just be careful that the hot regulator and C20 does not set your CPC and DDI4 on fire  :laugh:

LambdaMikel

I am still SAD that he does not see that I am actually trying to help him and his situation.
After all, I am grateful that he is one of the few sources that makes 464 hardware such as the DDI3 and DDI4. And I am still a big fan of his DDI3, no matter whether he likes that or not. 

And, as a community, I think we are still pretty nice about that and how the problem is not getting inflated as something bigger.

And now back to problem solving mode... please.  :)

xesrjb

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 15:44, 22 October 19
I am still SAD that he does not see that I am actually trying to help him and his situation.
After all, I am grateful that he is one of the few sources that makes 464 hardware such as the DDI3 and DDI4. And I am still a big fan of his DDI3, no matter whether he likes that or not. 

And, as a community, I think we are still pretty nice about that and how the problem is not getting inflated as something bigger.

I just check mine..

It was ok. Both caps soldered in same direction, all other solderpoint were done..

Function was tested, no heat radiation...

xesrjb
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

LambdaMikel

Quote from: xesrjb on 18:30, 22 October 19

I just check mine..

It was ok. Both caps soldered in same direction, all other solderpoint were done..

Good to hear!

TotO

Quote from: xesrjb on 18:30, 22 October 19
I just check mine.. It was ok.
It sould be fine to know when you bought it.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

xesrjb

direction of CAP no 19 ( see your pictures)

It seems to be the right one..

xesrjb
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

xesrjb

Quote from: TotO on 19:10, 22 October 19
It sould be fine to know when you bought it.

Purchased in June, recieved in August 2019..

xesrjb

LambdaMikel

It should look like this (mine after the fix - still need to replace them with new ones though, but the direction is right that way)

In my case it was C20, not C19...

xesrjb

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 19:17, 22 October 19
It should look like this (mine after the fix - still need to replace them with new ones though, but the direction is right that way)

In my case it was C20, not C19...

Yes, my PCB looks like yours after fixing...😜

xesrjb

Bryce

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 15:44, 22 October 19

Generally, the people here give great support and help solve issues rather than tell users that they are the problem and ignore obvious bad workmanship. It's why you'll find me here and why I've never been on Facebook.

Regarding using lighter fuel to remove stickers: Yes, it works really well, but! (and it's a very big but) it depends what the sticker is stuck to. Lighter fluid is a mixture of butane(s) and propane (and other impurities). Many commercial plastics, including PVC, PP (Polypropylene) and ABS dissolve or get damaged when they come into contact with these. In this case (no pun intended), it's most likely PLA, so you should be fine. But always check what the surface is made of before you start slapping chemicals on it.

Bryce.

abalore

For those still interested in this issue:

I experienced the "missing disc" error in my DDI-4 with FD-1 using a 1-to-1 cable. I finally solved it, this is how:

The FD-1 has the DS0 and DS1 lines wired together, so they respond as either unit A or B depending on the cable wiring (the original DDI-1 cable has certain lines cut in each conector). The DDI-4 switches the DS0 and DS1 lines between 5V and GND (always taking opposite values) depending on the position of the ABBA switch.

So the FD-1 connected straight to the DDI-4 causes, as bad as it sounds, a short circuit, and raises the mentioned error. What I did is to remove the DS1 line from the FD-1 side connector, this solved the issue.

GUNHED

Shouldn't it be DS0? Or you want to have it as A drive?
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

abalore

Yes, it's for a 464, I want it as single drive. But of course you can set it as A, B or even install one of each.

GUNHED

Quote from: abalore on 17:21, 28 January 20
Yes, it's for a 464, I want it as single drive. But of course you can set it as A, B or even install one of each.

Ah sure! Forgot! The corona virus seems to have arrived.

However thanks a lot for the information. Wouldn't have expected that DS0 and DS1 are shorted in FD-1.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

xesrjb

Quote from: GUNHED on 17:43, 28 January 20

Ah sure! Forgot! The corona virus seems to have arrived.

However thanks a lot for the information. Wouldn't have expected that DS0 and DS1 are shorted in FD-1.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/402034461336

xesrjb

TotO

abalore

You can see the short in the FD-1 Service manual, page 14, about the Relay P.C.B.

CPC4Sure!

Quote from: abalore on 19:22, 28 January 20
You can see the short in the FD-1 Service manual, page 14, about the Relay P.C.B.

Did you even READ what was discussed here before? All of this has been sorted out before.
Completely unnecessary post. See Gerald's and LambdaMikel's posts on the previous page of this thread :picard2:

abalore

Quote from: CPC4Sure! on 20:37, 28 January 20

Did you even READ what was discussed here before? All of this has been sorted out before.
Completely unnecessary post. See Gerald's and LambdaMikel's posts on the previous page of this thread :picard2:

There are a lot of solutions proposed in this thread. I'm just relating my personal experience, what may be interesting for someone, even if the facts where commented before my comment serves as a double confirmation.

I'm afraid the only "completely unnecessary post" is yours.

abalore

Also, did you create your user 5 minutes before only to reply my comment? ha ha, what a honor! and with an invalid country code, a VPN maybe? I'm pretty sure who you are, because I saw that childish behaviour before, in this same thread...

TotO

Hello Piotr! Can I return my defective DDI-4?  :-\

CPC4Sure!

Quote from: abalore on 20:53, 28 January 20
There are a lot of solutions proposed in this thread. I'm just relating my personal experience, what may be interesting for someone, even if the facts where commented before my comment serves as a double confirmation.

OK, then you are aware of the discussion. Then, to follow discussion forum netiquette, you give credit to the person who has figured it out - and that was GERALD - you didn't solve anything, you either didn't read or you diluted the thread with unnecessary information. In any case, if your intent was to CONFIRM then you do it by quoting GERALD and not by saying:

Quote from: abalore on 20:53, 28 January 20
I experienced the "missing disc" error in my DDI-4 with FD-1 using a 1-to-1 cable. I finally solved it, this is how:

I hope this is clear now how to contribute to technical discussion. First READ, then THINK, then POST if something relevant to say, ELSE - don't. If you want to CONFIRM, you QUOTE.

abalore

Quote from: CPC4Sure! on 21:51, 28 January 20
OK, then you are aware of the discussion. Then, to follow discussion forum netiquette, you give credit to the person who has figured it out - and that was GERALD - you didn't solve anything, you either didn't read or you diluted the thread with unnecessary information. In any case, if your intent was to CONFIRM then you do it by quoting GERALD and not by saying:

I hope this is clear now how to contribute to technical discussion. First READ, then THINK, then POST if something relevant to say, ELSE - don't. If you want to CONFIRM, you QUOTE.

I didn't say I wanted to confirm, I said my experience can serve as a confirmation, so all your diatribe is just bullshit. I don't need you to tell me how to contribute to forums, among other things because I contribute just how I want, and not how you would like.

I recommend you to create your own forum and practice your totalitarism there. Also, if you are in need of leaving your hate, at least do it with your user account instead of creating a new one as the coward you ovbiously are.

abalore

Quote from: CPC4Sure! on 21:51, 28 January 20

It's incredible you are teaching netiquette from a newly created account, hiding your identity while filling the forum database with shit