General Category > Amstrad CPC hardware

Desperately seeking a replacement CPC 6128 PCB

(1/2) > >>

CraigsBar:
Has anyone got a working CPC 6128 PCB?

I have one here with a short accross ram pins 13, 14 and 15 so it obviously is not working. I cannot for the life of me trace the short and at this stage I think a replacement board is the probably the best fix! so if you have a good board can you let me know?

Thanks

Craig

Audronic:
Perhaps :- Observe the colour of the Ram chips and maybe that will help find your problem

Good luck
Keep Safe

Ray

CraigsBar:

--- Quote from: Audronic on 00:53, 19 November 21 ---Perhaps :- Observe the colour of the Ram chips and maybe that will help find your problem

Good luck
Keep Safe

Ray

--- End quote ---

All ram chips are removed and the short is still there :( I was hoping it would be just a failed ram chip. of which I have plenty of spares LOL ;)

RetroCPC:
When you say "Short" - is the short to GND or between the pins? its odd a Pin 13 goes to a Mux IC and is not a signal on the CPU Bus (CPC 6128) and likewise Pin 15 CAS goes to the PAL.. again not on a common Bus...

CraigsBar:

--- Quote from: RetroCPC on 13:05, 19 November 21 ---When you say "Short" - is the short to GND or between the pins? its odd a Pin 13 goes to a Mux IC and is not a signal on the CPU Bus (CPC 6128) and likewise Pin 15 CAS goes to the PAL.. again not on a common Bus...

--- End quote ---
The 3 pins are shorted together (Not to ground or the 5v rail that I can find) I have searched and search for any solder splashes, which I was expecting to find under the badly soldered socket of a previous "Repair" but I have found nothing. I cannot even see anywhere else on the board where these 3 traces are close together. It's a proper mind bender (well my simple mind anyway)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version