News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DIY MegaFlash (Rainbow Spaghetti Edition) Complete!

Started by Badstarr, 02:45, 27 August 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Badstarr

Ladies and Gentlemen! I would like to show you the world's most colourful (and most ugly) DIY MegaFlash! Believe it or not it actually does work perfectly! I may upload some video of it on youtube soon. I had been neglecting my Uber CPC Project a little lately so I decided to try and complete the MegaFlash part today and as you can see I managed to achieve that goal!

[attach=2]

I will be tidying up the wiring on the reverse of the circuit board, mainly for aesthetic reasons, so it looks a little less like a bunch of tangled wires but to be honest, it will be hidden inside the CPC case when I'm finished so I'm not too worried about presentation I'm just glad it works!

[attach=3]

Thanks to Bryce for sending me the W29C0 IC with everything set up to go that made things a little more simple.

It may look horrible (bear in mind you cant see the underside lol!) but I'm rather proud of it  ;D
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

Bryce

Congratulations. It actually looks very like my original prototype. Glad it worked too.

Bryce.

arnoldemu

It's like a rainbow pony.  :laugh:

great it works ! :)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Badstarr

Thanks guys!  ;D

The underside of the board is a real rats nest and very colourful. It was quite a challenge to complete and I probably made most of the connecting wires a little longer than necessary so I had room to manoeuvre later on. I really wanted to keep the footprint quite small, it will be sharing space with a lot of other stuff inside the 464 case!

I have never been more pleased to see the Parados text appear onscreen!
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

00WReX

Quote from: Badstarr on 17:28, 27 August 12
I have never been more pleased to see the Parados text appear onscreen!

Yeh, I know what you mean...when I built my MegaROM, that first power up (wondering if the MegaROM & the CPC were going to go up in a puff of smoke  :D  ) was very rewarding when the ROM list scrolled down the screen.

Great work, well done.

Just built a MegaReset ! ***UPDATED*** Now officially a MegaROM

It's still going strong (thanks again to Bryce for the Wiki page & the EPROM  ;) )

MegaROM - CPCWiki

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Badstarr

Ah yes I remember your post about the MegaReset/Rom, actually that's what inspired me to attempt a DIY MegaFlash! Your point to point soldering looks a lot neater than mine though!

Gryzor