News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

OK I am done now!!

Started by CraigsBar, 19:44, 26 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Having just collected my 4th working Plus machine (I now have 2 6128+, an expanded 464+ and a stock 464+) I think it is time to stop buying these LOL

I still need a classic CPC 464 and the much sought after 664.

The new 464+ will at some point get sent to Dr @Bryce to have my HxC mounted internally with the screen on the lid somewhere and a nice surround/glass to protect the LCD along with 128k and Disc Interface mods (Including B drive connector on the back) But first I want to try and dye the case, as this one is quite yellowed and I think a Charcoal Grey Plus machine will look awesome.

Craig

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

EgoTrip

You should dye it pink instead of grey, it will look better.

CraigsBar

Quote from: EgoTrip on 19:59, 26 July 15
You should dye it pink instead of grey, it will look better.
Since I a unsure if dying the keys is a good idea.... I guess the areas with the transfers will take dye at a different rate I am not sure lighter colours will work..... And neon pink or electric blue are not my thing.

I do have a spanish plus keyboard I could test the process with. but the keyboad is not on the priority list, the case itself needs to look good first.

ZbyniuR

Real men can recognize only three kind of colors.... 

Awesome, rubbish, and gayish. ;)
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

steve

You could put it in one of the new A1200 cases, they will have a hole for the hxc display.

CraigsBar

Quote from: steve on 22:25, 26 July 15
You could put it in one of the new A1200 cases, they will have a hole for the hxc display.
Hmm, not sure the keyboard would fit ;), unless any one is making an interface for an A1200 keyboard to a CPC Keyboard header.

CPC_Fan

I'd love a 6128+  Alas I don't ever see me getting one, as the prices for them on a certain auction site when they come up, are just too much for me to be able to afford. Would also love a 664, but again I can't see me ever being able to afford/obtain one of those either. I have got my eye on one at the moment, but I fully expect to be totally blown out of the water price wise as well...  :( :(

CraigsBar

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 14:33, 27 July 15
I'd love a 6128+  Alas I don't ever see me getting one, as the prices for them on a certain auction site when they come up, are just too much for me to be able to afford. Would also love a 664, but again I can't see me ever being able to afford/obtain one of those either. I have got my eye on one at the moment, but I fully expect to be totally blown out of the water price wise as well...  :( :(
Once I have my new 464+ upgraded, I'll have a 6128+ for sale. It's quite yellow but works fine if you are interested? I'll announce it here anyway. Yeah that auction site is dominated by retro rip offs at the moment.

CPC_Fan

I would definitely be interested Craig, depending on the price of course. I would probably have to buy a scart and power kit for it though, as I think that the cost of shipping a monitor over from Ireland to the UK would be too expensive.

Yeah that auction site seems to be getting way over the top on prices for certain CPC items at the moment.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 17:17, 27 July 15
I would definitely be interested Craig, depending on the price of course. I would probably have to buy a scart and power kit for it though, as I think that the cost of shipping a monitor over from Ireland to the UK would be too expensive.

Yeah that auction site seems to be getting way over the top on prices for certain CPC items at the moment.
It would only be a mm12 monitor anyway. My cm14 is not going anywhere, and I have 2 mm12s now anyway.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:07, 27 July 15
It would only be a mm12 monitor anyway. My cm14 is not going anywhere, and I have 2 mm12s now anyway.
Where on the UK are you? If I get the dying done then the other upgrades are not urgent ;) I might be able to get it to Barnsley for free, not sure how much UK delivery would be from there to you tho.

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:06, 26 July 15
Since I a unsure if dying the keys is a good idea.... I guess the areas with the transfers will take dye at a different rate I am not sure lighter colours will work..... And neon pink or electric blue are not my thing.

I do have a spanish plus keyboard I could test the process with. but the keyboad is not on the priority list, the case itself needs to look good first.

Dying? Well, why don't you use airbrush? Kangaroo once did that, with quite a beautiful result, which went to egay then for quite a high price.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 18:50, 27 July 15

Dying? Well, why don't you use airbrush? Kangaroo once did that, with quite a beautiful result, which went to egay then for quite a high price.
Well mainly because I am not very artistic. all I want os to cover the yellow, Stop it happening again, and have it a bit unique. Painting is also out really as it will get chipped and then look bad. Retrobrite.... Hmmm, a possibility, but by all accounts it will need doing every few years for evermore... and I don't want to run the risk of blooming.\

So A Charcoal Grey dye look to the case is what I am after, and a keyboard in Classic CPC Colours ;) 

CPC_Fan

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:09, 27 July 15
Where on the UK are you? If I get the dying done then the other upgrades are not urgent ;) I might be able to get it to Barnsley for free, not sure how much UK delivery would be from there to you tho.

I am based in Dover, Kent Craig. Delivery in the UK from Barnsley to Dover shouldn't be too bad, depending on which service is used. Unfortunately Barnsley is a bit too far away for me to pick up it up from. Having said that though, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

However I must admit that I would prefer a colour monitor to a monochrome one. So I would be happy to buy a separate scart lead and power supply for it, if needs be. Also would it come with a Basic/Burning Rubber cartridge at all?

Anyway let me know when you are ready to sell it and I am sure that we can come to an agreement/deal.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 20:19, 27 July 15

I am based in Dover, Kent Craig. Delivery in the UK from Barnsley to Dover shouldn't be too bad, depending on which service is used. Unfortunately Barnsley is a bit too far away for me to pick up it up from. Having said that though, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

However I must admit that I would prefer a colour monitor to a monochrome one. So I would be happy to buy a separate scart lead and power supply for it, if needs be. Also would it come with a Basic/Burning Rubber cartridge at all?

Anyway let me know when you are ready to sell it and I am sure that we can come to an agreement/deal.
Yeah it'll have a cart, I have kept all my original burning rubber carts even tho I have 2 c4cpc devices now.

CPC_Fan

Cool that's good to know. I would probably buy a c4cpc cartridge for it at as well at some point, when funds allowed.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 21:30, 27 July 15
Cool that's good to know. I would probably buy a c4cpc cartridge for it at as well at some point, when funds allowed.

I have ordered some dye for the case. So long as the 464plus takes the colour well and I am happy with the result then the 2nd 6128plus will be sold. I won't be looking for much for it in all honesty, I found some bargains on some of the irish auction sites for much less than the ebay prices. If I see any more I'll let you know over here too (Possibly in the ebay thread) if some none irish members want a buying service I am happy to help.

Craig

||C|-|E||

I could be interested in the Spanish keyboard if you are willing to sell it  :) . I have a friend of mine with a Plus that has some missing keys and I am quite sure we would like to have it "repaired".

CPC_Fan

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:12, 27 July 15

I have ordered some dye for the case. So long as the 464plus takes the colour well and I am happy with the result then the 2nd 6128plus will be sold. I won't be looking for much for it in all honesty, I found some bargains on some of the irish auction sites for much less than the ebay prices. If I see any more I'll let you know over here too (Possibly in the ebay thread) if some none irish members want a buying service I am happy to help.

Craig

That's ok Craig there is no rush. Anyway it will be interesting to see what results you get from the dying process.

A buying service sounds like a good idea. Please only do it if you have the time though. You have helped me before and I don't expect you to do it all the time, although I greatly appreciate it.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 23:11, 27 July 15

That's ok Craig there is no rush. Anyway it will be interesting to see what results you get from the dying process.

A buying service sounds like a good idea. Please only do it if you have the time though. You have helped me before and I don't expect you to do it all the time, although I greatly appreciate it.
I just checked the 2 biggest Irish Auction sites, One has a 464+ mono for €750 the other a 464+ colour for €250.

Neither are of much interest I have to say.

CPC_Fan

Both of those would be way out of my price range unfortunately (especially the €750 one :o:(

Thanks for looking anyway though Craig.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 23:25, 27 July 15
Both of those would be way out of my price range unfortunately (especially the €750 one :o:(

Thanks for looking anyway though Craig.
COnsidering I got my 2nd 464+ off one of these sites, and paid only €70 with 10 games, a mono monitor and a really good condition manual.... The photo below is a comparison with my original manual, can you guess which is which LOL

CPC_Fan

That manual is in very good condition for it's age. It has been well looked after and can't have been read/used a lot.

€70 for all of that is a good price indeed. Certainly better than €750  :o   Anyway let me know if and when you are ready to sell the 6128+ and I am sure that we can come to some sort of deal. As I said before, I am not in a hurry.