News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

EME-150A at 670 rpm

Started by papichapo, 12:34, 22 March 21

Previous topic - Next topic

papichapo

Hi all,
last summer, after almost 10 years, I've unpacked my old DDI-1 and plugged it to my 464. After having changed the belt, it was all okay  :D
Last week, I've made the same test but the noise motor was louder than expected.
After some investigations, I've found the motor was running at 670 rpm  :(
On the PCB, the VR201 cannot reduce this speed (just 1/2 rotation allowed).
Any clue ?

tjohnson

normally there is a pot on the motor to adjust the speed.

papichapo

No, I as said, on this model, the only way to adjust motor speed is by the way of a PCB pot, not on the motor.
And the tune is limited to 1/2 round, not enough to divide the speed limit by 2...

Bryce

If the speed is anything above 350rpm, then it's not the pot that needs to be adjusted. It's usually a dry joint somewhere else on the PCB.

Bryce.

papichapo

Does someone known what are current values am I supposed to find on the 4 wires solded to the motor : red, orange, yellow and brown... and of course where to check between...
The plug connecting to the PCB shows me correct values : I've 12 V (red wire) and 5 V (orange one).

Bryce

The motor is a stepper motor, there won't be any stable voltage on any of the pins. It gets square waves sent to it from a driver IC.

Bryce.

tjohnson

Quote from: papichapo on 16:19, 22 March 21No, I as said, on this model, the only way to adjust motor speed is by the way of a PCB pot, not on the motor.
Actually just to be rather pedantic you didn't say that, you said "On the PCB, the VR201 cannot reduce this speed (just 1/2 rotation allowed)" you didn't mention the motor...

papichapo

My apology, but I thought that giving the exact model of the drive in the topic title would have been enough to be understood...